Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 807 times

Advertisements

As a convert from Christianity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 09:42 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,563 times
"How do I get closer to allah"

By drawing a cartoon of Muhammad!

Old 01-20-2015, 12:42 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,667,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioKart View Post
How Do I Get Closer to Allah

Allah says in the Holy Quran

186 And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near;
I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me,
so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said:

“Allah says:

‘I am as My slave thinks I am, and I am with him when he remembers Me.
If he remembers me to himself, I remember him to Myself;
if he remembers Me in a gathering, I remember him in a gathering better than it;
if he draws near to Me a handspan, I draw near to him an arm’s length;
if he draws near to me an arm’s length, I draw near to him a fathom’s length;
if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.”

Old 01-21-2015, 08:48 AM

299 posts, read 263,730 times
According to the writing, Allah is ever-increasingly Transcendent. Simply put, you can just get so close, but yet remain so far away.
The Quran teaches that Allah has no substance, nor can he be claimed to have substance. He is not a Person, nor even a spirit. So...what is he?
Allah does not provide forgiveness and reconciliation for a person's sin. How do followers of Allah deal with the guilt of their sin?
Allah was not known to man since the beginning of the world. While a god named Allah was worshiped locally in Arabia, he wasn't known elsewhere until Mohammad. How can he be the one true god?
We hold that the true Almighty God spanned the gap created by sin through His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus took upon Himself the punishment for the sins of the world. All who rely on Him to cleanse them from sin and give them a new life will receive it, and become new creations.
The one eternal, Triune Godhead (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) made all things, and continues to be Lord over all. At His perfect timing, the end of this present age will cease, and He will judge the wicked. Those belonging to Him will have joy forever in the Home He has been building for 2000 years.
This Home is a place of acceptance, love, purity, and peace...open to all who will forsake sin and follow the Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity and truth.
You can get close to this God. He is real. He is Spirit. He is a Person...knowable; close; compassionate.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:51 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,603 times
Get closer by
1) Being a good person
2) Being good to your family and kinship and neighbor
3) Do good deeds while remembering it is for Allah you are doing them by remembering the blessing he has provided for you & thanking him. Also asking for forgiveness from him for any wrongdoing.
4) Following the 5 pillers
a) Offering the 5 prayers & using that time to reflect on life miracle
b) Reading/studying his book
c) fasting not just during Ramadan but you can fast any time of the year.
d) giving charity and helping the poor

.... the list goes on

Old 02-10-2015, 12:51 PM

115 posts, read 261,635 times
I've heard martyrdom is a direct ticket to paradise.

Old 02-10-2015, 05:42 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
I've heard martyrdom is a direct ticket to paradise.

Now what is Martyrdom? That does not mean blowing yourself up along with a bunch of non-Muslims, which would actually lead to immediate hellfire

Quote:
When one is constantly engaged in and strives one’s utmost to further the Cause of Allah Subhanah, and it is his intention and humble prayer unto his Lord Most Gracious that his life be taken or sacrificed in the Cause of Allah Subhanah, and thus chosen as a martyr by the Lord…..even if the life of such a person is cut short by a natural calamity or a deadly disease, then it is expected that the Lord Most Gracious will include such amongst His believing servants as martyrs.

But if one denies Allah, and/or is negligent in performing his obligatory duties unto his Lord Creator, and/or lives his life preferring the luxuries of this world in preference to the Hereafter…..and this person never wished or hoped, leave alone strived that his life be spent furthering the Cause of Allah….then regardless of when, how, and where death approaches such a person….even if he dies in a natural calamity or from a deadly disease, such a person will have no rank worthy of mention in the Presence of the Lord All-Knowing, All-Just.
Different type of martyrs. | Islamhelpline

Old 02-11-2015, 10:46 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioKart View Post
The best way is to convert back to Christianity. Islam is a dead religion that simply draws you farther away from God by putting up thousands of man made barriers between you and him.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:20 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The best way is to convert back to Christianity. Islam is a dead religion that simply draws you farther away from God by putting up thousands of man made barriers between you and him.

Islam is totally between the individual and God, with no intermediaries. It is a pure simple agreement between the individual and God. Nothing else required.

To be a Muslim one need only believe through personal Knowledge and of their own free will, that there is only one God who has no associates, equals or progeny and that Muhammad is his Prophet.

One can be a Muslim and never see another Muslim in his entire life. As to be Muslim is strictly between the person and God(swt). Which is why we say we do not know who is a Muslim because we do not know what is in a persons, heart, thoughts and intentions. that is fully between the individual and Allaah(swt)

Old 02-12-2015, 07:39 AM

115 posts, read 261,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

To be a Muslim one need only believe through personal Knowledge and of their own free will, that there is only one God who has no associates, equals or progeny and that Muhammad is his Prophet.
I thought it was that Mohammed was his LAST prophet. Isn't that an important part of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam