U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2010, 05:55 AM
 
9,334 posts, read 19,460,524 times
Reputation: 4442

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma12006 View Post
Burkhas
Stoning
Women not being allowed to work to support family
Hands chopped off for stealing
Hanging of young gay teenagers in Iran

is what many have seen in the news media

pretty modern alternative...

how do you respond?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 AM
 
40,048 posts, read 26,730,521 times
Reputation: 6049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Wrong again. Islam is the most violent religion. It does not even know the truth. The barbarians who blew up the twin towers killing 3000 innocents were muslims. Those who bomb in Iraq killing there own people are muslims. Those who blow up girls schools and throw acid in the faces of Afghan girls trying to go to school are Muslim. Those who strap bombs to their bodies and walk into crowed markets, cafes and restaurants, metro stations are muslim.

I could go on and on but I still would not be able to put it all down.

Islam is an evil evil religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Ugh, I would rather slit my own throat than become a muslim. Primitive religions need to be outlawed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Aren't you supposed to write (POO-BUH) or something like that after a statement like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegold View Post
Recent local article that seems appropriate to the discussion. Whether or not you agree, I thought it was food for thought.

Time to stand up for Christians | Daily Telegraph Piers Akerman Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Burkhas
Stoning
Women not being allowed to work to support family
Hands chopped off for stealing
Hanging of young gay teenagers in Iran
is what many have seen in the news media
pretty modern alternative...
how do you respond?
Islam is the embodiment of primitive savage ignorance and barbarity fostered and maintained by an uneducated populace by evil men for political goals of power and control. It is a deen (total government) . . . NOT a religion. Religious tolerance does not extend to tolerating separate governments within any state. Islam is intolerant of ANY religion. It is a primitive threat to modern civilization, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Log home in the Appalachians
10,513 posts, read 10,329,656 times
Reputation: 6870
It's interesting that Muslims would think of Islam as a modern alternative, modern alternative to what? Even in my Native American culture and belief we are so far ahead in our thinking and treatment of women and children and one another. Women play a very integral and important part in Native American culture, women are the ones that own property and possession, women are the ones who determine who the leaders are going to be, women are the ones who can also do away with the leaders if they are not doing right by the tribe, women are the ones that determine where the homes are going to be, when a Native American man marries a Native American woman, he becomes a member of her family not the other way around, so in the Native American culture the men are the leaders only because the women say so. In the world of the Muslims, their beliefs and their treatment of women and children and those who do not conform to their beliefs are antiquated and barbaric and there is nothing modern about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
 
9,334 posts, read 19,460,524 times
Reputation: 4442
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Burkhas
Stoning
Women not being allowed to work to support family
Hands chopped off for stealing
Hanging of young gay teenagers in Iran

is what many have seen in the news media

pretty modern alternative...

how do you respond?
Someone sent me a PM asking me to not use Anti-Islamist web sites as my only sources. Um.. all of the above have been covered by cnn, bbc, theaustralian, christian science monitor, etc. not necesarilly anti-islamist web sites..

I would have LOVED to have seen coverage of MASS DEMONSTRAIONS in the middle east of muslims speaking against 9-11, of Imams preaching against such acts.. but sadly these were lacking. Instead we got coverage such as the following of civilians celebrating the 9-11 deaths:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

While I have no problem with Islam and own a Qu'ran.. people have to understand that if people in the west have negative views of Islam.. perhaps they should look from within?

Last edited by minibrings; 12-29-2010 at 05:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 06:28 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,425,113 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Someone sent me a PM asking me to not use Anti-Islamist web sites as my only sources. Um.. all of the above have been covered by cnn, bbc, theaustralian, christian science monitor, etc. not necesarilly anti-islamist web sites..

I would have LOVED to have seen coverage of MASS DEMONSTRAIONS in the middle east of muslims speaking against 9-11, of Imams preaching against such acts.. but sadly these were lacking. Instead we got coverage such as the following of civilians celebrating the 9-11 deaths:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

While I have no problem with Islam and own a Qu'ran.. people have to understand that if people in the west have negative views of Islam.. perhaps they should look from within?

They want you go go to all the pro Islam websites.....lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 06:29 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,425,113 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
It's interesting that Muslims would think of Islam as a modern alternative, modern alternative to what? Even in my Native American culture and belief we are so far ahead in our thinking and treatment of women and children and one another. Women play a very integral and important part in Native American culture, women are the ones that own property and possession, women are the ones who determine who the leaders are going to be, women are the ones who can also do away with the leaders if they are not doing right by the tribe, women are the ones that determine where the homes are going to be, when a Native American man marries a Native American woman, he becomes a member of her family not the other way around, so in the Native American culture the men are the leaders only because the women say so. In the world of the Muslims, their beliefs and their treatment of women and children and those who do not conform to their beliefs are antiquated and barbaric and there is nothing modern about it.

I cringe at the thought of the whole world being Muslim...... Talk about a nightmare......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 PM
 
9,334 posts, read 19,460,524 times
Reputation: 4442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
They want you go go to all the pro Islam websites.....lol
Ugh.. and they will send you private messages if you DON'T got a pro Islam website that espouses their views! Maybe not to you as you're a woman...


Again, I'm not challenging Islam the religion, I'm challenging the imagery we are seen in the west -- including the lack of moral outrage against the crazy few who think flying planes into buildings is acceptable expression of faith in their religion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2010, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Metromess
11,798 posts, read 21,974,576 times
Reputation: 5074
Not to mention the beheadings, stonings, etc. Is this a "modern alternative"? Hardly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2010, 01:41 PM
 
Location: OKC
5,426 posts, read 5,728,067 times
Reputation: 1770
The original link makes a case that Muslims should be moderate, and seeks to explain why that's a correct interpretation of Islam.

I think I'll support the broadcast of that message, whether or not I believe it's true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2011, 12:37 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 32,089,421 times
Reputation: 14896
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma12006 View Post
I have no idea how a 6th century theology could ever be considered an "modern" alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top