U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 12:04 AM

32 posts, read 66,950 times

Advertisements

to montana guy

1- do u think women in USA or Europ tOOK FREEDOM?

2- AND WHEN YOR ANSWER BY YES , WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT FREEDOM FOR WOMEN?

3-DO U THING WHEN I USE WOMEN AS COMPUTER EVREY ONE PLAY WITH IT THAT THE FREEDOM FOR WOMEN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 12:14 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,800,062 times
Originally Posted by bobmulk
Quote:
Tricky D: to suggest that other religions have allowed themselves to be kidnapped the way Islam has is sheer foolishness. Yes, all religions, including Christianity, have their lunatic fringe. However, do you see Christian leaders and pastors calling for the devastation of other nations or the murder of innocents? Do you see that occurring in Buddhism? Catholicism? Shintoism?
Throughout history? Certainly.
You are being naive when you believe that just because the Christian crusader days are a thing of the past they won't ever happen again.
Being a Christian does not prevent you from repeating history.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:43 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,655,756 times
Neither does being a non-believer. Are you saying that you're above doing anything wrong? I could just as easily paint you in with Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin or any one of a number of unbelievers who murdered their people. Or some of the lunatics who have pinpointed Christians for extermination. The pendulum swings both ways. Fortunately, I don't.

Fact is the Crusades were CENTURIES ago and were an aberration.. Yes, there are some Christians who could probably pursue such an avenue. But as a Church, as a religion, the chance of that happening is nil. Which is why it's been CENTURIES.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:25 AM

131 posts, read 528,140 times
Salma, Are you proslytising?

I suggest everyone get a Koran and read it! Robert Spencer has some very good books on the subject of Islam. I use my Koran as a reference guide while reading his blog, among others, at Jihad Watch.

As far as women's rights, read sura 4:34. It explains that men are superior to women because God has made women deficient...............modern alternative my butt!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:17 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,333,014 times
Orthodox Jews live very conservative life styles steeped in tradition. Orthodox Christians (Monks and Nuns) live simple lives and are in constant prayer and meditation. Orthodox Muslims strap bombs to themselves and try to kill the other two kind of Orthodox folks.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:18 PM

9,483 posts, read 10,942,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma12006 View Post
to montana guy

1- do u think women in USA or Europ tOOK FREEDOM?

2- AND WHEN YOR ANSWER BY YES , WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT FREEDOM FOR WOMEN?

3-DO U THING WHEN I USE WOMEN AS COMPUTER EVREY ONE PLAY WITH IT THAT THE FREEDOM FOR WOMEN?

Hi Salma, poconoproud here.

What do you mean by "took" freedom? If you are asking if our foremothers fought for it, then yes, we had to fight for it, and take it for ourselves. We did so by peaceful means - with protests and by political debate, because fortunately for us, in America, there is freedom of speech. For most of America's history, however, women were thought of as a man's property, and did not have many rights. Those brave women had to stand up and make the world listen, though, that they were unhappy, and they demanded the same rights as men at home and in the workplace. The same can be said for African American people, because when they were brought to America - it was through slavery. Black people did not have the same rights as white people, and had to take that freedom for themselves. Sometimes their protests were peaceful, and sometimes not, but black people are just as free and have the same rights as white people now.

By freedom for women, we mean that a woman can be a doctor, but she is free to treat women as well as men - and she makes equal pay that a man does. By freedom for women, we mean that no man owns her - she is not the property of anyone, she is a free person.

Do you feel like a free woman? If you do, then it does not matter what we think here in the West, does it? If you are happy, my perception of your freedoms or lack of freedoms do not matter. Do you feel free? Your feelings are the only ones that really matter on this subject.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:17 PM

26,346 posts, read 82,960,082 times
Afghan Christian faces trial for alleged conversion from Islam – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Old 11-21-2010, 06:25 PM

40,033 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma12006 View Post
There is NOTHING modern about Islam. It is a Moderator cut: deleted cultural deen that afflicts and challenges modern societies with its barbaric Sharia Laws, practices and ambitions (Total submission to Allah of all nations of the world).

Last edited by june 7th; 11-23-2010 at 01:01 PM..

Old 11-22-2010, 02:08 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,967,933 times
The modern alternative is rejecting Islam. To paraphrase the late Ann Richards, you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:10 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,471,898 times
No thank you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/23/wo...ritain.html?hp

A British network of more than 40 part-time Islamic schools and clubs with 5,000 students has been teaching from a Saudi Arabian government curriculum that contains anti-Semitic and homophobic views, including a textbook that asks children to list the “reprehensible” qualities of Jews, according to a BBC documentary broadcast on Monday.

I find anti-Semitism and homophobia not very modern at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or