U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 04:28 AM

24 posts, read 35,091 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the website Islam! - The Modern Alternative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 06:53 AM

39,379 posts, read 10,970,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assss View Post
When a muslim woman wear a vale,she wear that because God asked her to do so not her husband or her father.Islam means someone submits himself or herself to God.That means whatever God says they do.And some people just don't wanna do that which is gonna affect only them.Moreover,Islam is a law of life.And when u were born,did u have a choice and freedom to say u want to be born.Of couse,the answer is no.And if u think about life there has to be a reason for the creation.And the reason is to worship Allah alone without any patrner.Moreover,When we think about our loved ones who died and we put them into the grave,we start to think what is happening there inside the grave.Everybody will be judjed for whatever they have done in life.They might have the freedom to choose not to follow What Allah say,but they will be judjed whether they like it or not.And people can't scape death.As it is mintioned in Rainn websitehttp://www.rainn.org/statistics
  • 1 in 6 women and 1 in 33 men will be a victim of sexual assault in their lifetime.
  • College age women are 4 times more likely to be sexually assaulted.
Learn more victim statistics
Sexual Assault Numbers
  • In 2007, there were 248,300 victims of sexual assault.
  • Every 2 minutes, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted
.Forunately,we don't see this in Muslim countries whose women wear a vale to cover themselves.
Plainly put a woman wears a veil not because she wants to but because she it told that someone else want her to do it. It doesn't matter that some feel good about it because they are going with the flow, obeying god or perhaps they do feel protected in a society where any woman who shows her face is regarded as fair game.

What I say is, that where a woman is given grief if she decides to do something else that is not freedom.

I am not impressed by your rape statistics. I concede that the argument from silence is a logically suspect one, but we already know of one religious cover - up. I also know that there is massive prostitution in muslim countries. I know that there is a massive amount of brutality, violence against women and sexual explaoitation, fiercely covered up in muslim countries. I truly cannot believe that there is anything other than staggering amounts of rape in muslim society and it I believe that it is covered up because their religion tells them that women are mens' property to be used and discarded and replaced by another one.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:33 AM

39,379 posts, read 10,970,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assss View Post
Most of the facts u wrote is just the sujects,if u read more about them you will understand.And find the answer for each one.If I see some bad Christans people,I wouldn't make a conclustion all Christans are bad.And please tell why the percentage of killing and crimes AND rapes in America are way way higher that it is in Muslim countries?Let me give an example about women to make things easier.When someone complain about something that bother me,and he is telling u that is what bothers me,you wouldn't believe him till I say so.Right.Same thing here Others think they are oppressed and they never complain.How come u make such a conclusion that they are oppressed by men even though they never complain.That is only true if u just want it to be like that and make a conclusion about what u think not what they think.
In many Muslim countries, rape is common but the idea that there should be four witnesses to prove the rape can be hard to produce as rape can take place when the aggressor and the victim are totally alone.
Some women prefer not to report the rapist for fear of scandal as sex outside marriage or rape is seen as dishonouring their family.

Rape in Muslim Countries Comments on issues raised by BBC WHYS

"in our country it is against the law and every case is carefully investigated and brought before the courts and punishment usually means spending a number of years in jail. In Muslim countries, it is almost impossible to prove rape by a woman. I am reminded of a case of several years ago in an African Muslim country, where a single woman was raped by a married man and gave birth to a child. She was sentenced to death by Sharia law.
So when you read a comment by a self-deluded Muslim woman who defends the wearing of a veil and writes that she never hears of rapes in a Muslim country, you know why
."
Fewer Rapes in Muslim Countries from Planck's Constant

To Sultan: Rape Uncommon in Muslim Countries :: Reader comments at Daniel Pipes

Oh, yes, one can crow "You like it or not, rapes are lesser in muslim countries."

but "This is the number of REPORTED rapes. The incidence of rape appears to higher in developed countries not because there are more rapes, but because rape is more likely to be reported. "
Rapes (per capita) by country. Definition, graph and map.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/law/2010/jul/ (broken link) ... ous-courts

There is also danger to those at risk of domestic violence. In one study, four out of 10 women attending sharia courts were party to civil injunctions against their husbands.

I'm being selective, avoiding those sites which are just trying to find material for xenophobia. Because I'm not. anti muslim. I dislike illogic, denial of evidence and faith - based blindness.

Islam often isn't like this and needn't and shouldn't be like this. Yet the saudi -originated hard - line adherence to some brutal tribal version of Islam is becoming ever more prevalent.

Warning: For adults only!

Well, it's only turning bad news from Saudi. And unfortunately, it is about woman, again. But this time it's on a larger scale. It is called; "destruction of all family values."

Prostitution is now official and religiously condoned in Arab land | Sabbah Report

I was not shocked when I heard that Misyar marriage is now officially blessed by the highest rank Mullah's of Saudi. But it really made me feel sick.

Muslim countries in the Middle East and north-central Africa lead the world in human trafficking, according to a new U.S. State Department report
Muslim Countries in Mideast, Africa Lead World in Human Traffic - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News

There was so much about the cynical trafficking of foreign or underclass of poor females in muslim societies for prostitution. I suppose they can they claim that it isn't muslim women who provide sex for money (because they are providing it five at a time for free in the home) but it is still massive sex trade in muslim society.

Never mind violence against women.

Afghan boy rape rampant | Faithfreedom.org

Boy rape is so endemic to Afghanistan and other places that it has become institutionalized.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:21 AM

40,254 posts, read 26,848,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
No islam means submission.

It is a common tactic for islamic apologist, to basically say "hey your ancestors killed millions why can't we".

It's a common tactic for islamic apologist to look at the choices these women make, then claim that they are not free, because they decided to get paid to do something....

Women, and non muslims do not have equal rights in islam.

The fact remains.

The Qur'an was uttered by a single man and focuses on imperatives.

Internal contradictions are resolved by the science of Naskh: latter verses abrogate earlier verses with which they conflict.

The Qur'an is not an a la carte menu, it is all or nothing; take it or leave it.
The message is clear, direct and immutable.

Islam's Mercenary Mission: Global imposition of Islamic doctrine & practice is a religious duty.

Islam encompasses all aspects of society including: belief & ritual worship, economic transactions, contracts, morals & manners, crime & punishment, Democratic/representative forms of government are abominations.

Criticism of Allah, Muhammad and their system is punished by death.

Shari'ah permits: wife beating, honor killing, blood money, an eye for an eye, literally.

Shari'ah mandates: corporal punishment, hand amputation for theft, lashing for drinking & gambling

death for : gays, apostates, adulterers, critics of : Allah, Muhammad, Qur'an, Islam.

Offensive, aggressive and unjust jihad: against: Jews, Christians & Zoroastrians, All other non-Islamic people.

Muslims are allowed to deceive non-Muslims to protect and advance the imposition of Islam. Al-Taqiyya: dissembling, kitman: concealment of material facts.

Muslims quote early, relatively peaceful and more tolerant verses while obscuring the more violent verses that abrogated those early verses.

Peace comes with the completion of global conquest.
This pretty much sums up Islam.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:24 PM

Only IF u r looking for the truth,this will help u.

I think I already showed u about the death and murders percentage of crimes in America.And it is almost unheard of in muslim countries.

the proplem is that u don't wanna ask a muslim woman how she feelS.The problem u have is that u wanna take a picture of women in A fagnistan and make a conclusion for yourself.And if u find people who do that, every relegion has black cheap.So ask a muslim lady how she feels.
And before we go to extreme suicide bomber,LET us add this together.half billion people not in Jail not oppressed.In the western world which is the most advance technology.Let me give u some statistic.

Every single hour 100 and 6 children are aboarded in the whomp of their mother.Which means every three hours 300 children have been killed.Every week 21000.They are little people 16 weeks 18 weeks.U can't tell me that is juictice and freedom.

Shari'ah mandates: corporal punishment, hand amputation for theft, lashing for drinking & gambling
Gambling is one of the issue that Western countries have if u don't because it is a waste of money which they can give to the poor.I showed statistic about the crimes before.

Gays come on even anilmal doesn't do that
Can u imagine two men having a baby or two women That is even bad for the child.The natural human relashionship is between men and women.tHEY get Married and have baby.

What about the percentage of killing inoccent people in Iraq family and children.U can't tell me that is freedom. Jehad has a meaning in Islam which is fighting himself and the bad things as a person does which is controlling himself.Example,Let's say I wanna steal some money BECuse I don't have any.What I should do is control myself and not doing that.This is JEHAD.

Please read more and see what Islam really mean before u post.

Last edited by Assss; 11-24-2010 at 04:59 PM..

Old 11-24-2010, 04:36 PM

30,924 posts, read 31,837,353 times
Wow....An honest Muslim....Either that or you don't have a clue what you just posted.....You pretty much summed up why Islam is a barbaric belief that most of us want nothing to do with...You won't be making many converts by telling the truth...

I take this post back...You are not honest at all.

Last edited by sanspeur; 11-24-2010 at 05:30 PM..

Old 11-24-2010, 04:47 PM

Islam teaches us to tell the truth even if the people don't like IT.And Islam is a peiceful relegion.Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oh1DDFx6Kk

Old 11-24-2010, 04:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oh1DDFx6Kk

Old 11-24-2010, 05:29 PM

30,924 posts, read 31,837,353 times
[quote=Assss;16775593]Islam teaches us to tell the truth even if the people don't like IT.And Islam is a peiceful relegion.Check this out

Slippery fella aren't you...You edited the post after I replied, and now it is completely different..That is dishonest....I'll know better next time and use the quote feature.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:36 PM

What I edited were the facts Misticphd posted which is missunderstood.The rest are the same read it please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or