U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 10:10 PM

902 posts, read 910,619 times

Advertisements

To be fair there's something broken in this religion, and it's just sad. It's roots are beautiful, but most muslims are so far removed from it it's sad. I don't even think they can repair their reputation at any point in the next 50 years - and that's if the religion and its territories "survive" its own internal (and now external) war.

I saw this muslim on TV - some caucasian. She clearly knew nothing about the religion, and two professors who studied, breathed and lived it (they were muslims from the "homeland") started schooling her on her choice of dress and how, in actuality, it goes against Islamic core principals, but she kept rambling about how it wasn't, it was a true show of faith, etc etc.

That religion is broken - not to say others aren't a bit iffy. But they aren't creating terroristic groups who are destroying lives, currently, and that are mostly unstoppable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 02:07 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Another paradox is that Daesh look pretty ridiculous (putting beliefs to one side here). There's a comedic aspect to those shots of pompous marching. I guess many of those same weapons they hold aloft are made by 'infidels' - as are the pick up trucks they're enamored of.
Nearly every weapon ISIS uses is American or Russian made. When we pulled out of Iraq we left a huge amount of munitions behind. Along with a huge amount of Russian made weapons Saddam had.

The weapons were there and just waiting to be plucked by any radical group. A bad side effect of war, it often leaves behind a large amount of weapons for successors to use. We squashed a mosquito with Saddam but in turn armed a hornets nest

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 03-19-2015, 02:10 AM

117 posts, read 72,499 times
They think they will got relieve by joining there.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:49 AM

2,371 posts, read 1,501,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Nearly every weapon ISIS uses is American or Russian made. When we pulled out of Iraq we left a huge amount of munitions behind. Along with a huge amount of Russian made weapons Saddam had.

The weapons were there and just waiting to be plucked by any radical group. A bad side effect of war, it often leaves behind a large amount of weapons for successors to use. We squashed a mosquito with Saddam but in turn armed a hornets nest
I have little doubt that the Iraq invasion was the worst foreign policy blunder in US history.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
I have little doubt that the Iraq invasion was the worst foreign policy blunder in US history.
Like many Vietnam vets, I call it a toss up between Nam, Afghanistan and Iraq.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:00 AM

9,523 posts, read 9,407,481 times
I think most of those who join ISIS do so for the same reasons people join criminal gangs in the U.S. and elsewhere. They are by and large disaffected young men who feel alienated from the mainstream of society for some reason.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I think most of those who join ISIS do so for the same reasons people join criminal gangs in the U.S. and elsewhere. They are by and large disaffected young men who feel alienated from the mainstream of society for some reason.
I think you got it. Just the few that I have been able to find some history about, have been social outcasts, loners and have a history of run ins with authority.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:57 PM

449 posts, read 616,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
With all the bad press....
With all those fatwas against suicide bombings...

Muslims are still joining ISIS.

WHY?
It's really very interesting and somewhat bizarre to see a Japanese Muslim in that picture. I guess Ko Nakata san didn't get the memo that Mulims are not welcome in his native land. The policy of the Japanese government is to make every effort not to allow entry to Muslims into Japan, even if they're doctors, engineers, managers or executives sent by foreign companies that are active in the the region. In Japan, unlike most other countries, there are no human rights organizations to offer any support to Muslims.

Japan manages to remain a country almost without any Muslim presence because Japan’s negative attitude toward Islam and Muslims pervades every level of the population, from local street musicians to large organizations and companies to senior Government officials.

Japanese companies seeking foreign workers specifically note that they are absolutely not interested in Muslim workers whatsoever. And any Muslim who manages to enter Japan will find it very difficult to rent an apartment in Tokyo or a small rural Japanese town. Anywhere a Muslim lives, the neighbors will always become uneasy. Japan forbids the establishment of Islamic organizations, so setting up any Islamic institutions such as mosques and is almost impossible​.​

Most of the Muslims in Japan are immigrants, the biggest group are comprised of Indonesians who number around 30k, then Paki's, and Iranians. Japan has 127 million residents,​ ​but only about 45k Muslims. Ethnic Japanese converts are very very few, less than 7K (mostly women) are Muslims.

The US could learn a thing or two from the Japanese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or