U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 08:39 AM

430 posts, read 351,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
What is known is that the meanings of some of the word have been lost. Since we are certain some parts have been lost we do not know how much that remains was the actual original revelation.
No matter how small the error may be, there is still error and there may be more we are not aware of.
c'mon do you need a dictionary to believe that there is only one god? do you need a dictionary to believe that moses was a prophet? do you need a dictionary to believe in the 10 commandments?

what defines a religion are the ideas within it. so which ideas in judaism are wrong? you dont know. you are just assuming that something is wrong. a baseless accusation.

Quote:
But the greatest error is they failed to accept John the Baptist and Jesus as Prophets (PBUT)
their greatest error is rejecting mohammad.

do you know why jews rejected them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 10:15 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,299,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
c'mon do you need a dictionary to believe that there is only one god? do you need a dictionary to believe that moses was a prophet? do you need a dictionary to believe in the 10 commandments?

what defines a religion are the ideas within it. so which ideas in judaism are wrong? you dont know. you are just assuming that something is wrong. a baseless accusation.

their greatest error is rejecting mohammad.

do you know why jews rejected them?

Might not need a dictionary to know that Moses(pbuh) was a Prophet, but would need some form of reference work, unless you happen to know him personally.

As to what he said you need some form of lexicon to understand what he said.

As for the 10 Commandments, I understand them in the same manner most Jews do---no such thing existed in Jewish scripture. Those are the 10 categories of commandments into which the 613 commandments (Mitzvah) are arranged.

To understand Jewish scripture, one must also understand the Tanakh along with the Talmud. Oral tradition is a very important part of understanding Judaism.

I do agree even a novice Jew understands Judaism better than I do. I will also agree that that many Jews follow Judaism without error and in full accordance with their teachings.

My disagreement is not over how well Judaism is practiced My disagreement is that the Jewish scripture was not protected and is no longer the exact word of G-D as it was revealed.

Understandably many if not most Jews will say the exact same things about Islam. We each have to examine all things and by our self verify what we believe is the truth. If I were able to verify the Tanakh and Talmud are the exact words as revealed, I would be a Jew and not Muslim.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 03-27-2015, 12:22 PM

430 posts, read 351,914 times
Quote:
I will also agree that that many Jews follow Judaism without error and in full accordance with their teachings.
so the allegation that judaism has errors is completely uncalled for.

Quote:
My disagreement is not over how well Judaism is practiced My disagreement is that the Jewish scripture was not protected and is no longer the exact word of G-D as it was revealed.
werent the originals, written by god's hand himself, all protected and sealed in the Ark of the Covenant? who knows it could still be buried somewhere in israel right now. many believe they still have it which is why israel wants to build the 3rd temple. but that darn dome is in the way.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophion View Post
so the allegation that judaism has errors is completely uncalled for.

werent the originals, written by god's hand himself, all protected and sealed in the Ark of the Covenant? who knows it could still be buried somewhere in israel right now. many believe they still have it which is why israel wants to build the 3rd temple. but that darn dome is in the way.

Although my Jewish relatives are Ashkenazim and follow the Reformist school of Judaism I am more familiar with Orthodox especially Chassidic as nearly all of my Jewish friends are Chassidic.
My understanding of what they tell me is the Mosque on the Mount is not an Issue in Judaism as all Jews are forbidden to set foot on the Mount until after the Temple is rebuilt. My Chassidic friends actually seem quite pleased with the Mosque as it is keeping the mount from being desecrated again as the Romans and Christians used it as a garbage dump.
It also assures that Jews will not accidentally sin by walking on land they are forbidden to step on until the Temple is rebuilt.

Quote:
He used harsh terms to rebuke rabbis who call on Jews to go to the holy site, which contradicts the overwhelming majority of halakhic authorities that forbid entry to the Temple Mount compound to Jews because of its holiness. This is also the position of the Chief Rabbinate.
Jews forbidden from going to Temple Mount, says Israel's chief Sephardi rabbi - National - Israel News | Haaretz

Quote:
It is of primary importance to note that when we ascend to the Temple Mount in purity and under halachic guidelines, at no point will we actually tread on any of the areas where the Holy Temple actually stood. According to Biblical law, this is forbidden for all people. Rather, we shall be tracing a path around the periphery of the sanctified areas, coming as close as we can to the actual Temple location, but remaining all the while in the outer areas of the Temple Mount.
https://www.templeinstitute.org/guid..._the_mount.htm

Just my opinion, but I find that this indicates the "Lost Ark" is not buried someplace under the Mosque
It seems the Jews would have a right to reclaim the ark.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:50 PM

56,199 posts, read 54,662,203 times
Quote:
I deeply thank you Usario. You are correct.
This is actually the newest allegation made about us. Jack Chic and his little booklet popularized it.
I've heard the moon god thing before. Dismissed it.

It's right up there with our friends on the Christian forum who tell us that those of us who celebrate Easter are REALLY worshiping some Babylonian god whose name escapes me at the moment.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

It's right up there with our friends on the Christian forum who tell us that those of us who celebrate Easter are REALLY worshiping some Babylonian god whose name escapes me at the moment.
Same thing.

Actually the crescent moon and star is not a symbol of Islam. It was the flag of the Ottoman Empire who placed them on their Mosques to distinguish them from churches. In time some non-Muslims came to the conclusion it represented Islam.
As a result by the mid 20th century the moon-god myth began circulating widely.

the closest thing to a symbol of Islam is the Shahadah written on a green background, which some Islamic nations use as a flag
Attached Thumbnails
Why isn't Islam a Sub Category Within The Pagan Forum?-saudi-flag.png  

Old 03-29-2015, 11:28 AM

27,997 posts, read 15,078,190 times
Quote:
I deeply thank you Usario. You are correct.
This is actually the newest allegation made about us. Jack Chic and his little booklet popularized it.
lol...Jack Chic...What a hoot!...

Old 03-29-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Tammuz...Or Ishtar...

Old 03-29-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
lol...Jack Chic...What a hoot!...

I have read quite a few of his "8 page bibles"
They are quite humorous. The sad part is apparantly Jack believes they are true.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I have read quite a few of his "8 page bibles"
They are quite humorous. The sad part is apparantly Jack believes they are true.
I read something years ago that Jack was kept up in a tower somewhere and coming up with this stuff and the powers that be that control and care for him are the one putting out what he thinks up...Or something to that affect...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or