Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 08:21 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,862,341 times

Advertisements

I respect the right to be a pagan or to have a pagan deity or religion ,but with Islam being a ancient pagan worship of
thr moon god Allah it would be more appropriate for them to
join the sun god, ocean god ,mother nature goddess, virgin
mary goddess and various gods of worship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 01:21 PM

15,501 posts, read 16,968,920 times
Islam is essentially a corrected form of Judaism, Sabeeanism and Christianity. It adheres to the same Prophets and is based upon the very same scriptures.
Islam is not a new revelation, it is the very same religion that was revealed to Adam. Moses, Noah, John the Baptist, Jesus all the Prophets (Peace be upon all of them)
One can not be a Muslim without following the teaching of Moses and Jesus.

Islam is, to a very large degree, Christianity minus the error of the Trinity.

It is true the Arab pagans did worship numerous illah (gods) and the chief among them being al-lah (The god) إله However Allaah(swt) الله is the name of the deity worshiped by all adherents of the Abrahamic Faiths although using English letters it resembles Allah they are seperate things. there is no letter in English that resembles sidda which gives the double a sound of Allaah. However if one reads Al-lah إله and Allah الله in Arabic one can see they are different words although pronounced the same. I prefer to use the Englisn spelling Allaah, as that is much closer to the actual pronunciation of الله

Old 03-18-2015, 01:59 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,752,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Islam is essentially a corrected form of Judaism, Sabeeanism and Christianity. It adheres to the same Prophets and is based upon the very same scriptures.
Islam is not a new revelation, it is the very same religion that was revealed to Adam. Moses, Noah, John the Baptist, Jesus all the Prophets (Peace be upon all of them)
One can not be a Muslim without following the teaching of Moses and Jesus.

Islam is, to a very large degree, Christianity minus the error of the Trinity.

It is true the Arab pagans did worship numerous illah (gods) and the chief among them being al-lah (The god) إله However Allaah(swt) الله is the name of the deity worshiped by all adherents of the Abrahamic Faiths although using English letters it resembles Allah they are seperate things. there is no letter in English that resembles sidda which gives the double a sound of Allaah. However if one reads Al-lah إله and Allah الله in Arabic one can see they are different words although pronounced the same. I prefer to use the Englisn spelling Allaah, as that is much closer to the actual pronunciation of الله
What does the Prophet dictate concerning Messianic prophecy of earlier prophets?

Old 03-18-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
What does the Prophet dictate concerning Messianic prophecy of earlier prophets?
We do believe Jesus(a.s.) is the Messiah. But we use Messiah in the same context Jews use it , the Annointed One,not as a Savior in the Christian concept.

In the Qur'an we are told the Qur;an is not a new revelation.
From Surah 5
43. But how do they come to you for decision while they have the Taurat (Torah), in which is the (plain) Decision of Allah; yet even after that, they turn away. For they are not (really) believers.

44. Verily, We did send down the Taurat (Torah) [to Musa (Moses)], therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allah's Will, judged the Jews. And the rabbis and the priests [too judged the Jews by the Taurat (Torah) after those Prophets] for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's Book, and they were witnesses thereto. Therefore fear not men but fear Me (O Jews) and sell not My Verses for a miserable price. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, such are the Kafirun (i.e. disbelievers - of a lesser degree as they do not act on Allah's Laws ).

45. And We ordained therein for them: "Life for life , eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it shall be for him an expiation. And whosoever does not judge by that which Allah has revealed, such are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers - of a lesser degree).

46. And in their footsteps, We sent 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) , confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).

47. Let the people of the Injeel (Gospel) judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fasiqun (the rebellious i.e. disobedient (of a lesser degree) to Allah.

48. And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad ) the Book (this Qur'an) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Mohayminan (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures) . So judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allah willed, He would have made you one nation, but that (He) may test you in what He has given you; so strive as in a race in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allah; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ.

49. . And so judge (you O Muhammad ) between them by what Allah has revealed and follow not their vain desires, but beware of them lest they turn you (O Muhammad ) far away from some of that which Allah has sent down to you. And if they turn away, then know that Allah's Will is to punish them for some sins of theirs. And truly, most of men are Fasiqun (rebellious and disobedient to Allah).

From Surah 16
36. And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities, etc. i.e. do not worship Taghut besides Allah)." Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them were some upon whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth).
There are more. At the moment I am pressed for time. I will post those later when I get back

Old 03-19-2015, 08:50 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,862,341 times
Although the early church manufactured the " word" trinity ( it is
NOT the biblical term or in scripture) The biblical term for the three roles, manifestations or presentations of God is the "Godhead" the understanding of which is limited to specific
christians and believers and NOT available to unbelievers as it
is blocked out of their scope of understanding and they are sent
into la la land on tje subject including lukewarm christians never seeking its understanding . Jesus unless He is scaming us said "if you have seen me you have seen the Father" "I and my Father are ONE ( not three Gods!) " No one goes to the Father ( God) but by me" (Jesus! This eliminates 100% Mohammad, Mary, Saints, Popes, as even remote mediators on any way AT ALL)! Mediators are man adoring relacements to Jesus having zero intercessory power, influence or response AT ALL! STOP IT !

Old 03-19-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Although the early church manufactured the " word" trinity ( it is
NOT the biblical term or in scripture) The biblical term for the three roles, manifestations or presentations of God is the "Godhead" the understanding of which is limited to specific
christians and believers and NOT available to unbelievers as it
is blocked out of their scope of understanding and they are sent
into la la land on tje subject including lukewarm christians never seeking its understanding . Jesus unless He is scaming us said "if you have seen me you have seen the Father" "I and my Father are ONE ( not three Gods!) " No one goes to the Father ( God) but by me" (Jesus! This eliminates 100% Mohammad, Mary, Saints, Popes, as even remote mediators on any way AT ALL)! Mediators are man adoring relacements to Jesus having zero intercessory power, influence or response AT ALL! STOP IT !

Muslims do not pray to or through Muhammad(saaws) or any of the Prophets, Angels or any being except God(swt)

We do not have any ordained clergy. Our prayers are between us and God(swt) alone with no intermediaries. Not even Jesus(a.s.) comes between us and God(swt)

To pray to Muhammad(saaws) or Jesus(a.s.) or through them as intermediarieswould be the sin of shirk and an unforgivable sin that guarantees eternal damnation in Hellfire.

What non-Muslims see as being our prayers are Salat. It forms the smallest part of our communication with God(swt) 99% of our prayers are private and between the individual and God(swt) alone.

They are said in our own words, actions and thoughts whenever and wherever we desire. There is no clergy or anyone that leads us in our Du'as (Prayers) they are our very private and personal conversations with God(swt) and only with God(swt)

Jack Chic's little "moon god" comic books are utterly ridiculous, but sadly some non-Muslims believe them.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:04 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,752,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We do believe Jesus(a.s.) is the Messiah. But we use Messiah in the same context Jews use it , the Annointed One,not as a Savior in the Christian concept.

In the Qur'an we are told the Qur;an is not a new revelation.
From Surah 5
43. But how do they come to you for decision while they have the Taurat (Torah), in which is the (plain) Decision of Allah; yet even after that, they turn away. For they are not (really) believers.

44. Verily, We did send down the Taurat (Torah) [to Musa (Moses)], therein was guidance and light, by which the Prophets, who submitted themselves to Allah's Will, judged the Jews. And the rabbis and the priests [too judged the Jews by the Taurat (Torah) after those Prophets] for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's Book, and they were witnesses thereto. Therefore fear not men but fear Me (O Jews) and sell not My Verses for a miserable price. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, such are the Kafirun (i.e. disbelievers - of a lesser degree as they do not act on Allah's Laws ).

45. And We ordained therein for them: "Life for life , eye for eye, nose for nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if anyone remits the retaliation by way of charity, it shall be for him an expiation. And whosoever does not judge by that which Allah has revealed, such are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers - of a lesser degree).

46. And in their footsteps, We sent 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) , confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an admonition for Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).

47. Let the people of the Injeel (Gospel) judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fasiqun (the rebellious i.e. disobedient (of a lesser degree) to Allah.

48. And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad ) the Book (this Qur'an) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Mohayminan (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures) . So judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allah willed, He would have made you one nation, but that (He) may test you in what He has given you; so strive as in a race in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allah; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ.

49. . And so judge (you O Muhammad ) between them by what Allah has revealed and follow not their vain desires, but beware of them lest they turn you (O Muhammad ) far away from some of that which Allah has sent down to you. And if they turn away, then know that Allah's Will is to punish them for some sins of theirs. And truly, most of men are Fasiqun (rebellious and disobedient to Allah).

From Surah 16
36. And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities, etc. i.e. do not worship Taghut besides Allah)." Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them were some upon whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth).
There are more. At the moment I am pressed for time. I will post those later when I get back
Who is "We" in these verses.? Thank you so much for helping.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Who is "We" in these verses.? Thank you so much for helping.
Surah 5 ayyat 46 reads:
Waqaffayna AAala atharihim biAAeesa ibni maryama musaddiqan lima bayna yadayhi mina alttawrati waataynahu alinjeela feehi hudan wanoorun wamusaddiqan lima bayna yadayhi mina alttawrati wahudan wamawAAithatan lilmuttaqeena

5:46 (Y. Ali) And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.

The word we as a stand alone word does not exist in Arabic. A prefix before a verb would be used to designate we.
But here we have AAala عَلَى being translated as we. While it has no english equivelent it carries a conontation very similar to the British Royal We. In which case the We designates a person of high authority, a single entity with the power of many.
The royal we comes closest to the actual meaning of عَلَى therefore we is used.

The royal "we", or majestic plural (pluralis majestatis in Latin, literally, "the plural of majesty"), is the use of a plural pronoun to refer to a single person holding a high office, such as a sovereign (e.g., a monarch or sultan) or religious leader (e.g., the Pope or a bishop). The more general word for the use of we to refer to oneself is nosism.

Speakers employing the royal we refer to themselves using a grammatical number other than the singular (i.e., in plural or dual form). For example, the Basic Law of the Sultanate of Oman opens with "On the Issue of the Basic Law of the State We, Qaboos bin Said, Sultan of Oman...".[1]
Royal we - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-26-2015, 11:59 AM

939 posts, read 1,507,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
I respect the right to be a pagan or to have a pagan deity or religion ,but with Islam being a ancient pagan worship of
thr moon god Allah it would be more appropriate for them to
join the sun god, ocean god ,mother nature goddess, virgin
mary goddess and various gods of worship?
Where did you hear this from? Your church pastor?

Islam has nothing to do with worshipping the moon. Why don't you go on Wikipedia and learn about Islam and Allah.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
Where did you hear this from? Your church pastor?

Islam has nothing to do with worshipping the moon. Why don't you go on Wikipedia and learn about Islam and Allah.
I deeply thank you Usario. You are correct.
This is actually the newest allegation made about us. Jack Chic and his little booklet popularized it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam