Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:40 PM

439 posts, read 556,021 times

Advertisements

here is a direct proof not only for the non believers but also for any non muslim.

the quran has many reference to scientific facts .

and that is one of the types of verses that help those who have doubt to beleive that the quran is from Allah and Allah is the only god.

and here is one of the fact .

one type of the stars produce sound as knocking
this was discovered in this era but the quran mentioned it more than 1400 years ago

By the heavens and The Knocker.
How will you comprehend what the The Knocker is?
It’s a piercing star.
There is not a soul but over it is a keeper.
So let man consider of what he is created:
He is created of water pouring forth,
Coming from between the back and the ribs.
Most surely He is able to return him (to life).
On the day when hidden things shall be made manifest,
He shall have neither strength nor helper. The Noble Quran.

here you can see and hear the knocking star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSyRM...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 08:01 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
I'm working on my conversion to Islam right now as I type away. With this video I see the proof beyond proofs! I will let you know how my conversion attempt goes in the next 24 hours.......

Old 02-18-2011, 10:21 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
I'm working on my conversion to Islam right now as I type away. With this video I see the proof beyond proofs! I will let you know how my conversion attempt goes in the next 24 hours.......

Damn and I thought the thread was just some knock knock jokes.......

I am sooooooo disappointed.............

Old 02-18-2011, 11:04 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,069 times
Default Not knowcvk-knock, but rather "beep beep!

Finalmessage, just a bit of friendly technical back-story here so you can begin to understand this video:

Often, we scientists convert signals such as optical, inaudible or electromagnetic (EM) outputs such as this pulsar star's, into audible signals, or "false color" images, so we can evaluate them. This video image was obtained by The Hubble Deep Space Telescope, which is far from anything Allah (only an illiterate prophet, and definitely not a God) could have ever imagined or predicted.

A pulsar star produces electromagnetic (EM) pulses which are always completely inaudible (otherwise you could "hear" your kitchen lightbulb!), and especially across space. Sound requires a medium to travel through, like air, water or even cheese! Not empty outer space.

As well, though light travels @ ≈3 X 10^8 m/sec, sound only travels @ a snail-like ≈ 346 m/sec. Almost 100 million times slower. The pulsar is probably millions of light years away, and even if sound could travel across empty space (which it can't) without diminishing (which it does, over distance) it wouldn't arrive here, well, ever.

So there's simply no "knocking" sound that Allah or anyone else, for that matter, could have ever heard coming from this, or any stars.

This audibly converted signal in the video is just a synthetic add-on to demonstrate the frequency of the EM pulse, not in any way a real sound. You can't compare the two. This is not proof of, well, anything.

Sorry.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:06 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,173,926 times
Jazzymom: I'm disappointed as well. finalmessage (if only) is scraping along attempting to show scientific validity of poetic imagery such as "piercing star" by trying to relate it to a pulsar. My, my.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 PM

439 posts, read 556,021 times
here are more deatil information and clarification

In 1967 Jocellyn Bell accidentally....Quran Miracles | PULSARS (http://www.quranmiracles.com/articles.asp?id=25 - broken link)

and another video for more clarification

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh5GOxgtm60

Old 02-19-2011, 09:46 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,069 times
Default Again... politely....

This is additional "clarification"? Thanks, but please re-read my post. If it baffles you, DM me and I'll take more time to explain it. But really, it's very simple. There is no "sound" except what the lab added (superimposed) to simply show the frequency of the energy pulses from a rapidly rotating pulsar.

Alex Baldwin, the narrator, did not mean this video to be proof of Allah; this is a later conflation of fact with mythology. This is also called quote-mining, (taking information out of context to support an errant argument). In this case, it applies to a video clip from, if I recall correctly, The Universe, an excellent video series that explain the best ideas of how our universe was formed, with no help from God.

BTW, just as a simple experiment, I'd like you to find, in your Q'ran, any mention, unambiguously (and you need to look up that word, and let me know the Q'Ranic expression of it) that shows us Allah's prediction of lasers (Light Amplification through the Stimulated Emission of Radiation). These are perhaps the most prolific evidence of 1) modern Western Science and it's astounding day-to-day applications in everything from CD/DVD players to rangefinders to cell-phone telephone conversations to astronomical distance measurements to drone launched missile targeting to warfare communications to medical surgery techniques and bio-soundings, and on and on.

He had to have seen this one coming.

Remember now, nothing ambiguous, like "Allah saw of a great light and it was good"! I want references to coherent light (all of the same narrow wavelength). In fact, I'd like to see, in the Q'ran, any mention of wavelengths, another of modern science's discoveries that applies, prolifically, to electro-magnetics (like the output from a pulsar), light, sound, radio waves, TV, lasers, masers and so on.

But meantime, please... re-read my last explanatory post, and try to understand it, with an open mind. There's no sound from a pulsar, and no proof of Allah here. Just good old Western science and it's inexorable march towards unambiguous knowledge!

Last edited by rifleman; 02-19-2011 at 10:05 AM..

Old 02-19-2011, 09:56 AM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
Quote:
I'm working on my conversion to Islam right now as I type away. I will let you know how my conversion attempt goes in the next 24 hours.......
Almost 9 AM. My conversion attempt took an early detour this morning when I woke up and realized the wife made bacon for breakfast. Also, somehow, a shot of bourbon ended up in my morning coffee as well. What can I say? I'm very weak.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:42 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,330 times
Quote:
Almost 9 AM. My conversion attempt took an early detour this morning when I woke up and realized the wife made bacon for breakfast. Also, somehow, a shot of bourbon ended up in my morning coffee as well. What can I say? I'm very weak.

lol, oh well.........

Old 02-19-2011, 11:40 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,891,803 times
Final, please let me know about the Quran verses that will help me with my golf game. I didn't play too well yesterday.

I used to think the Junior Woodchuck Handbook was the greatest. That was before I discovered the Quran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam