U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:46 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,284,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Woodrow
I am fixated on why destroy all evidence Islam's past and put in place toilets, hotels, and Starbucks.

This isn't the first call to destroy the past.

1. In 2007 the Green Dome was repainted silver. The Silver Dome is or was a football stadium in Pontiac Michigan. Destroying the green color was indeed a possible first step to reduce the shock when it was torn down. My vote is for a Walmart if/when they do.
The only reason this subject rises to public attention is it is the tomb and removal of bodies to unmarked graves that appears extremist.

2. " It is revealing that
everything related to ‘ Abd al-‘ Aziz ibn Saud , founder of the
Saudi “ kingdom ” has been preserved . Even the tip of the
spear that he used to attack the Mismak Fortress and that
broke and got stuck in the door, has been preserved . ‘ Abd
al-‘ Aziz’ s shoes , swords, and robes , etc . are all preserved.
This is obviously neither a bid‘ ah or shirk as far as the House
of Saud is concerned but anything related to the noble
Messenger ( pbuh ) that the Muslims respect is immediately
denounced as bid‘ ah and shirk."

Source
https://worldshiaforum.wordpress.com...na-by-ali-taj/

Pull quote :
Muslims should ask themselves whether the artefacts of Ibn
Saud are more important than the final resting place of the
noble Messenger of Allah?
As to the whys, those are quite simple.
As Muslims we are not to do anything that even resembles worship of any man, being or object except Allaah(swt)

That means no pilgramiges to graves, no veneration of any Human, not even the Prophets (PBUT) no celebrating of any dates associated with a Human such as Birthdays.
While some Muslims do celebrate Muhammad(saws)'s birthday, many scholars of the Ulemah consider that Bi'dah (an innovation)

We are not to pray at the graves of any human nor pray for any Prophet(Pbut), "saint" etc to intercede on our behalf.

Now the only real concern is should historical sites be destroyed if people are incorporating them into their religious practice?
Has the identified location of places associated with Muhammad(saws) led some people to pray to Muhammad(saws)?

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 03:05 PM

4,953 posts, read 1,959,098 times
Woodrow and PDX2

We three recognize it is silly to worship idols in any form. However, not everyone is as enlightened as us.

I understand the two arguments being made:

#1 Idol worship is silly and must be stopped.

#2 This is really about the destroying the Islamic history to elevate the House of Saud.

People might think I am making this up when I say the home of the Prophet's wife is now a public toilet. Most of us consider it no greater insult than to .... upon. Apparently, the selection of this building was intentional.

If Christians damaged one stone on that home, wouldn't Muslim people be outraged?

It is ironic all these actions are done in the name of expanding tourism.

"Mecca and Medina, the two holiest cities in Islam,
are being systematically bulldozed to make way
for gleaming sky scrapers, luxury hotels and
shopping malls."

Article: Why don't more Muslims speak out against the wanton destruction of Mecca's holy sites? - Comment - Voices - The Independent

The Sauds have done such a complete job so far that directing prayers towards Saudi Arabia is now a joke.

"95 per cent of Mecca's millennium-old buildings have
been demolished in the past two decades alone."

See photos and article of destruction of Grand Mosque at:
The photos Saudi Arabia doesn't want seen

Isn't it silly to direct prayers to something that doesn't exist?

If the most holy surviving Mosque is now in Indonesia shouldn't prayers be directed there instead of towards china products from Kohler Wisconsin?

Last edited by pbmaise; 04-23-2015 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Shorter

Old 04-23-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Woodrow and PDX2

We three recognize it is silly to worship idols in any form. However, not everyone is as enlightened as us.

I understand the two arguments being made:

#1 Those that recognize idol worship is silly and must be stopped.

#2 Those that believe it is intended to destroy Islamic history so all that remains is the Sauds.

People might think I am making this up when I say the home of the Prophet's wife is now a public toilet. Afterall, most of us consider no greater insult than to .... upon. Apparently, to me at least, of the possible selections of buildings to replace historical sites connected to Islam, the election was intentional.

It is ironic that this campaign essentially is being done in the name of expanding tourism.

"Mecca and Medina, the two holiest cities in Islam,
are being systematically bulldozed to make way
for gleaming sky scrapers, luxury hotels and
shopping malls."

Article: Why don't more Muslims speak out against the wanton destruction of Mecca's holy sites? - Comment - Voices - The Independent

The Sauds have done such a complete job so far that directing prayers towards Saudi Arabia is now a joke.

"95 per cent of Mecca's millennium-old buildings have
been demolished in the past two decades alone."

See photos and article of destruction of Grand Mosque at:
The photos Saudi Arabia doesn't want seen

Isn't it silly to direct prayers to something that doesn't exist?

If the most holy surviving Mosque is now in Indonesia shouldn't prayers be directed there instead of towards toilets?
Actually we are not praying to anything. We are praying in the direction of a location.

The qibla is simply a point that marks the location of where all Muslims face during the 5 obligatory prayers.

There is no alter in a Mosque, we all face towards the same central point.

The oldest surviving Mosque outside the Arabian peninsula is in China, construction on it began during the life time of Muhammad(saws)

Old 04-23-2015, 04:10 PM

When I was a tourist in Paris, I devoted a day to viewing churches.

At these churches, I marveled at the ability of man to shape and stack stones to form magnificent structures that have endured hundreds of year. All by hand.

The stainglass windows were incredible.

Yes many windows depicted men and women in scenes from the bible. The craftsmanship to render colored and stained glass into windows was outstanding.

Yes there were various alters with candles burning before them and places to set ones knee.

However, I am no fool. Neither are you PDX2 and Woodrow. I knew these to have no real attachment to God.

Everything was a mere expressions of man. I did not conduct this tour to worship idols. I did this tour to marvel at the creations of men long ago.

It saddens me to reflect that there are committees right now debating which ancient creation of man should be targeted next. Further, that the voice that says burn it all is most listened to.

It is no wonder to me now why the French are growing more and more strongly opposed to the Islamic community. They have so much more history to lose.

I can only describe what the Islamics are doing as

Self-immolation

PS
PDX2 isn't your handle an expression of idolatry towards two American cities,? and

You Woodrow, an idolatry towards a dead president?

Old 04-23-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
When I was a tourist in Paris, I devoted a day to viewing churches.

At these churches, I marveled at the ability of man to shape and stack stones to form magnificent structures that have endured hundreds of year. All by hand.

The stainglass windows were incredible.

Yes many windows depicted men and women in scenes from the bible. The craftsmanship to render colored and stained glass into windows was outstanding.

Yes there were various alters with candles burning before them and places to set ones knee.

However, I am no fool. Neither are you PDX2 and Woodrow. I knew these to have no real attachment to God.

Everything was a mere expressions of man. I did not conduct this tour to worship idols. I did this tour to marvel at the creations of men long ago.

It saddens me to reflect that there are committees right now debating which ancient creation of man should be targeted next. Further, that the voice that says burn it all is most listened to.

It is no wonder to me now why the French are growing more and more strongly opposed to the Islamic community. They have so much more history to lose.

I can only describe what the Islamics are doing as

Self-immolation

PS
PDX2 isn't your handle an expression of idolatry towards two American cities,? and

You Woodrow, an idolatry towards a dead president?

Woodrow is also an old English word originally meaning "Lives by the forest" and later came to mean "Protector of the forest"

Both accurate descriptions of my life style. I am not a city person. I feel most at home in deep forests although I now live on the open prairie.

I was named after my father, who was named by his fateher who was a very active outdoors man.

My chosen name which I now use in life is Abdullah

A person is not obligated to change their name when they accept Islam, for all legal purposes and on forums I use my actual birth name.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:15 PM

Woodrow is certainly a very good name and mine one of the standard Catholic progression.

I want to pick up on what you wrote earlier.

"not to do anything that even resembles
worship of any man, being or object except Allaah(swt)"

Nothing irrates me more, and permit me to use two examples:

A. Being required to stand and watch the same video again and again before the movie will begin; or

B. When those around me began screaming because their favorite idol stopped in to buy bread.

In the first example, it is a command writen into laws to idolize a king. Tjenllrbm people doing the worship have no choice.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:37 AM

1,666 posts, read 769,664 times
Quote:
PS
I'm not sure, as I never thought of it that way? It's meant to state that I was born and raised around the Portland, Oregon area and have in my recent life moved to the Houston, TX area. I don't ask these cities for help, pray to them or have any spiritual or theological thoughts about them.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:39 PM

Firstly a general call to forgive my ignorance.

Despite:
growing up among Muslims;
my education alongside members of Royal families;
hiring Muslims to clean and defend my home;
using Muslim body guards to protect my person;
meeting some of the world's most wealthy Muslims (I am still unsure who gave me their kind permission to utilize the sea walled area but don't think it was Jeffrey):
living several years in Muslim countries,

Despite all of this, I admit to being almost totally ignorant of the Islamic faith itself.

Instead, I am just an observer.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Firstly a general call to forgive my ignorance.

Despite:
growing up among Muslims;
my education alongside members of Royal families;
hiring Muslims to clean and defend my home;
using Muslim body guards to protect my person;
meeting some of the world's most wealthy Muslims (I am still unsure who gave me their kind permission to utilize the sea walled area but don't think it was Jeffrey):
living several years in Muslim countries,

Despite all of this, I admit to being almost totally ignorant of the Islamic faith itself.

Instead, I am just an observer.
Understandable.

Islam is actually very simple, too many people including some Muslims try too hard and complicate it.

Islam is not a religion in the same concept Christianity is a religion. The word Islam is a verb and is the act of submitting to God(swt) more specifically to the the best of their ability and accessibility to knowing how.

Therefore there is variation among individuals.

If a person is only capable of understanding and believing the first pillar of faith

(Believe sincerely that there is only one God(swt) and Muhammad(saws) is his messenger)

that person is a Muslim.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:11 PM

I agree "Islam is a verb".

I base my conclusion on interactions with Christians & Muslims.

I am Catholic. However, that fact didn't stop Christian groups from trying to convert me. They said:

I must be born again to receive blessings on earth and gain entry to heaven.

They invited me to retreats, dinner parties, and rallies.

Muslims, with just one exception, have never tried to convert me.

His line was along the line fed to the assailants of 27 year old blogger Washiqur Rahman. That by following blindly the orders of men, that I would go to heaven and be gifted within 3 days.

I gather God is a bit slow to review files which accounts for the delay. Alternately, God must wait to make sure you won't arise from the dead.

I declined the Muslim man's kind offer. I told him:

God has already blessed me with an incredible life. Expecting additional rewards would be greedy.

So how does this make Islam a verb? Simple. Instead of converting people, Muslims are more active in performing far more communal prayers, and actively shaping society itself.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the ticket to heaven for a Muslim isn't based on an inward acceptance of God, rather it based on fulfilling the duties and commands.

I see a Kuwait cleric renewed a call to tear down the Great Pyramids and Sphinx. Now that represents a lot of action.

Preventing worship of idolatry is a big task

Last edited by pbmaise; 04-26-2015 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: Simplification
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or