Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 12:19 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,164,380 times

Advertisements

Honor?
Tabari I:280 "Allah said, 'It is My obligation to make Eve bleed once every month as she made this tree bleed. I must also make Eve stupid, although I created her intelligent.' Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of this world menstruate and are stupid."

Honor? Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64
Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old,

Screwing a little girl isn't honor...it's pedophelia.

Honor?
What did muhammed tell his followers the must do when they raped the women captives instead of coitus interruptus, and why?

Ejaculate into them.

"O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interruptus?" The Prophet said, "It is better for you not to do it. No soul that which Allah has destined to exist, will surely come into existence.” (Bukhari 34:432)

The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives.
Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

Honor?

Asma Bint Marwan spoke against muhammed for murdering an old man (Abu Afak) and she wrote poetry that made fun of him. When the apostle heard what she had said he said, "Who will rid me of Marwan's daughter?" `Umayr b. `Adiy al-Khatmi killed her in her bed with her children sleeping around her.

Murdering a woman is not honor.

Honor?

Keeping woman as slaves and trading them like candy isn't honoring them.
Tabari VIII:39 "Then the Messenger of Allah sent Sa'd bin Zayd with some of the Qurayza captives to Najd, and in exchange for them he purchased horses and arms."

I drove them along until I brought them to Abu Bakr who bestowed that girl upon me as a prize. So we arrived in Medina. I had not yet disrobed her when the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) met me in the street and said: “Give me that girl.” (Sahih Muslim 4345) HINT: He did not set her free.

The apostle gave Ali a girl called Rayta; and he gave Uthman a girl called Zaynab; and he gave Umar a girl whom Umar gave to his son Abdullah. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 878)

Honor? Making your child sex toy clean up gobs of sperm from your clothes is honor?

Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 4, Number 233: Narrated 'Aisha: I used to wash the semen off the clothes of the Prophet and even then I used to notice one or more spots on them.

Can you say that Muhammed was wrong to do these things? I have never met a Muslim that could!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 11:50 AM

204 posts, read 157,031 times
The status was similar to that of wife. The children were exactly like the other children from the person’s legally wedded wife. They were to be given exactly the same rights as his other children. The children of the slave girl would inherit the property exactly as the other children. There was absolutely no difference amongst the children. And once any slave girl bore a child, she could not be sold to anybody else and thus became a permanent member of the household.

Then you will probably ask how is this any different from the modern days concept of a mistress/prostitution/adultery?

There is a huge difference between the slave girls of those times and the system of prostitution which is so prevalent as a disease in today’s society.

The slave girl was a social issue of the times, which if not solved by Islam would give rise to adultery and prostitution. In prostitution, the woman sells here services for a fee to anyone who is willing to pay. The slave girl was taken into a household as a full member.

In prostitution, the woman has sexual relationships with many men. The slave girl would have sexual relations only with the person she was given to; very similar to the husband-wife relationship, the only difference being that the wife came into the house through a marriage contract, and the slave girl was allotted to the person by the state.

Prostitution is a result of illegal lust, and is a huge sin in the eyes of Allah.

The allocation of slave girls was a issue of the times to envelope the woman taken as slaves in a war into the Islamic society. Prostitution and adultery do not have any responsibility attached to it. The man- woman have a one-off relationship and depart. The slave girls were a responsibility of the person, who spent on them, gave them a place to live, fed them, clothed them, and raised their children as his children.

The children from adultery and prostitution are regarded as born out of wedlock and grow up without the name and without the shadow of a father. The children of the slave girls were known as the children of the person, grew up with his other children, and had exactly the same rights and inheritance as the other offspring. The system of slave girls was accepted and respected by the Islamic society of the times. The slave girl was treated like his wife, and the children from these slave girls were treated like their children by society. No religion, no state, no moral society accepts and respects the institutions of prostitution and adultery. This is a disease of society and every moral society has tried to eradicate this disease with little success.

Despite this, it was not simply a case of forcing someone into having sex to satisfy your desires.

the Verse where Allah commands the Muslim men to not force their slave women into sex.

"Let those who find not the wherewithal for marriage keep themselves chaste, until God gives them means out of His grace. And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them: yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which God has given to you. But force not your maids to prostitution when they desire chastity, in order that ye may make a gain in the goods of this life. But if anyone compels them, yet, after such compulsion, is God, Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to them), (The Noble Quran, 24:33)"

My Journey To Islam: Ahmed Parol youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoQaiqsp1zE

My Journey To Islam: Hossein Thomas youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4YPLUF6rU

Old 11-17-2015, 06:37 AM

الشيخ أحمد ديدات يثبت بالدليل نبوة المسيح | قصة الإسلام

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2Qi6-wasSs

.Witness of the people of the book - اثبات أن الإسلام هو دين الحق- شهادة أهل الكتاب

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHMIDfo76oY

Old 11-21-2015, 06:16 AM

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Islam occupies the middle ground between Christianity and Judaism with respect to divorce. Marriage in Islam is a sanctified bond that should not be broken except for compelling reasons. Couples are instructed to pursue all possible remedies whenever their marriages are in danger. Divorce is not to be resorted to except when there is no other way out.

In a nutshell, Islam recognizes divorce, yet it discourages it by all means. Let us focus on the recognition side first. Moreover, Islam, unlike Judaism, grants the wife the right to dissolve the marriage through what is known as Khula'. 36 If the husband dissolves the marriage by divorcing his wife, he cannot retrieve any of the marriage gifts he has given her. The Quran explicitly prohibits the divorcing husbands from taking back their marriage gifts no matter how expensive or valuable these gifts might be:

"But if you decide to take one wife in place of another, even if you had given the latter a whole treasure for dower, take not the least bit of it back; Would you take it by slander and a manifest wrong?" (Quran 4:20).

In the case of the wife choosing to end the marriage, she may return the marriage gifts to her husband. Returning the marriage gifts in this case is a fair compensation for the husband who is keen to keep his wife while she chooses to leave him. The Quran has instructed Muslim men not to take back any of the gifts they have given to their wives except in the case of the wife choosing to dissolve the marriage:

"It is not lawful for you (Men) to take back any of your gifts except when both parties fear that they would be unable to keep the limits ordained by Allah. There is no blame on either of them if she give something for her freedom. These are the limits ordained by Allah so do not transgress them" (Quran 2:229).

Also, a woman came to the Prophet Muhammad seeking the dissolution of her marriage, she told the Prophet that she did not have any complaints against her husband's character or manners. Her only problem was that she honestly did not like him to the extent of not being able to live with him any longer. The Prophet asked her: "Would you give him his garden (the marriage gift he had given her) back?" she said: "Yes". The Prophet then instructed the man to take back his garden and accept the dissolution of the marriage (Bukhari).

In some cases, A Muslim wife might be willing to keep her marriage but find herself obliged to claim for a divorce because of some compelling reasons such as: Cruelty of the husband, desertion without a reason, a husband not fulfilling his conjugal responsibilities, etc. In these cases the Muslim court dissolves the marriage. 37

In short, Islam has offered the Muslim woman some unequalled rights: she can end the marriage through Khula' and she can sue for a divorce. A Muslim wife can never become chained by a recalcitrant husband. It was these rights that enticed Jewish women who lived in the early Islamic societies of the seventh century C.E. to seek to obtain bills of divorce from their Jewish husbands in Muslim courts.

The Rabbis declared these bills null and void. In order to end this practice, the Rabbis gave new rights and privileges to Jewish women in an attempt to weaken the appeal of the Muslim courts. Jewish women living in Christian countries were not offered any similar privileges since the Roman law of divorce practiced there was no more attractive than the Jewish law. 38

Muslim Divorce - Sheikh Ahmed Deedat (1/2) youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UCZt_0kmOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGwvj8oo0g4
Dr. Zakir Naik----- Correct Procedure of Divorce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxNVfu4ps_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYkxR1JLFyI

Old 11-21-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion5 View Post
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Islam occupies the middle ground between Christianity and Judaism with respect to divorce. Marriage in Islam is a sanctified bond that should not be broken except for compelling reasons. Couples are instructed to pursue all possible remedies whenever their marriages are in danger. Divorce is not to be resorted to except when there is no other way out.

In a nutshell, Islam recognizes divorce, yet it discourages it by all means. Let us focus on the recognition side first. Moreover, Islam, unlike Judaism, grants the wife the right to dissolve the marriage through what is known as Khula'. 36 If the husband dissolves the marriage by divorcing his wife, he cannot retrieve any of the marriage gifts he has given her. The Quran explicitly prohibits the divorcing husbands from taking back their marriage gifts no matter how expensive or valuable these gifts might be:

"But if you decide to take one wife in place of another, even if you had given the latter a whole treasure for dower, take not the least bit of it back; Would you take it by slander and a manifest wrong?" (Quran 4:20).

In the case of the wife choosing to end the marriage, she may return the marriage gifts to her husband. Returning the marriage gifts in this case is a fair compensation for the husband who is keen to keep his wife while she chooses to leave him. The Quran has instructed Muslim men not to take back any of the gifts they have given to their wives except in the case of the wife choosing to dissolve the marriage:

"It is not lawful for you (Men) to take back any of your gifts except when both parties fear that they would be unable to keep the limits ordained by Allah. There is no blame on either of them if she give something for her freedom. These are the limits ordained by Allah so do not transgress them" (Quran 2:229).

Also, a woman came to the Prophet Muhammad seeking the dissolution of her marriage, she told the Prophet that she did not have any complaints against her husband's character or manners. Her only problem was that she honestly did not like him to the extent of not being able to live with him any longer. The Prophet asked her: "Would you give him his garden (the marriage gift he had given her) back?" she said: "Yes". The Prophet then instructed the man to take back his garden and accept the dissolution of the marriage (Bukhari).

In some cases, A Muslim wife might be willing to keep her marriage but find herself obliged to claim for a divorce because of some compelling reasons such as: Cruelty of the husband, desertion without a reason, a husband not fulfilling his conjugal responsibilities, etc. In these cases the Muslim court dissolves the marriage. 37

In short, Islam has offered the Muslim woman some unequalled rights: she can end the marriage through Khula' and she can sue for a divorce. A Muslim wife can never become chained by a recalcitrant husband. It was these rights that enticed Jewish women who lived in the early Islamic societies of the seventh century C.E. to seek to obtain bills of divorce from their Jewish husbands in Muslim courts.

The Rabbis declared these bills null and void. In order to end this practice, the Rabbis gave new rights and privileges to Jewish women in an attempt to weaken the appeal of the Muslim courts. Jewish women living in Christian countries were not offered any similar privileges since the Roman law of divorce practiced there was no more attractive than the Jewish law. 38

Muslim Divorce - Sheikh Ahmed Deedat (1/2) youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UCZt_0kmOw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGwvj8oo0g4
Dr. Zakir Naik----- Correct Procedure of Divorce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxNVfu4ps_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYkxR1JLFyI
Really? How many of his 13 wives did Muhammed divorce? I think it was 3 or 4.

Why did he divorce them?

In the case of Fatima al-Aliya bint Zabyan al-Dahhak, Muhammad divorced her after only a few weeks "because she peeked at men in the mosque courtyard." Fatima had to work for the rest of her life as a dung-collector.

What about Amra bint Yazid? Muhammad divorced her before consummation when he saw she had symptoms of leprosy. That's not very nice.

Mulayka bint Kaab divorced Muhammed when she found out he and his army slaughtered her father.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:28 AM

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married the following women:

1 – Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid (may Allaah be pleased with her)

She was the first of his wives. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married her when he was twenty-five years old, and he did not take another wife until after she died. All his children were born from her, except Ibraaheem.

Al-Bukhaari entitled a chapter in his Saheeh: “The marriage of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to Khadeejah (may Allaah be pleased with her), and her virtues,” in which he narrated a hadeeth from ‘Aa’ishah who said: “I never felt jealous of any of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as I did of Khadeejah, although she died before he married me, because of what I heard him say about her.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3815.

2 – Sawdah bint Zam’ah ibn Qays

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married her in the tenth year of his Prophethood. Tabaqaat Ibn Sa’d, narrating from al-Waaqidi, 8/52-53; Ibn Katheer in al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah, 3/149

3 – ‘Aa’ishah bint Abi Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with her)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married her in Shawwaal of the tenth year of the Prophethood. Ibn Sa’d, 8/58-59. She herself said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and consummated the marriage with me when I was nine.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3894; Muslim, 1422. Al-Bukhaari (5077) also narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (S) (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not marry any virgin apart form her.

4 – Hafsah bint ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with her)

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that Hafsah’s husband Khunays ibn Hudhaafah, who was one of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and had been present at Badr, died in Madeenah. ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab said: I met ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan and offered Hafsah to him in marriage. I said: If you wish, I will marry Hafsah bint ‘Umar to you. He said: I will think about it. Several nights passed, then he said: I think that I do not want to get married at this time. ‘Umar said: Then I met Abu Bakr and I said: If you wish, I will marry Hafsah bint ‘Umar to you. Abu Bakr kept quiet and did not give me any response. I was more upset about him than about ‘Uthmaan. Several nights passed, then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) proposed to her and I married her to him. Then Abu Bakr met me and said: Perhaps you felt upset when you offered Hafsah in marriage to me and I did not reply? I said: Yes. He said: Nothing prevented me from responding to your offer but the fact that I knew that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had mentioned her, and I did not want to disclose the secret of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). If he had decided not to marry her, I would have accepted your offer.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4005.

5 – Zaynab bint Khuzaymah (may Allaah be pleased with her)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married her in Ramadaan, thirty-one months after the Hijrah. Tabaqaat Ibn Sa’d, 8/115

6 – Umm Salamah bint Abi Umayyah (may Allaah be pleased with her)

Muslim (918) narrated that Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “There is no person who is faced with a calamity and says Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon, Allaahumma ujurni fi museebati w'ukhluf li khayran minha (Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return; O Allaah, reward me in this calamity and compensate me with something better than it) but Allaah will reward him in his calamity and will compensate him with something better than that.” She said: When Abu Salamah died, I said what the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had commanded me, and Allaah compensated me with someone better than him: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

According to another report: when Abu Salamah died, I said: Who is better than Abu Salamah, the companion of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? But Allaah decreed that I should say it. Then I got married to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

7 – Juwayriyah bint al-Haarith (may Allaah be pleased with her)

She fell prisoner to the Muslims during the battle of Banu’l-Mustalaq, and she came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to ask him to help her to manumit herself and buy her freedom. He offered to buy her freedom and marry her, and she accepted. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married her and made her manumission her dowry. When the people came to know of that, they set free their own prisoners, so as to honour the in-laws of the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). No woman brought a greater blessing to her people than she did. Narrated by Ibn Ishaaq with a hasan isnaad. Seerat Ibn Hishaam, 3/408-409.

8 – Zaynab bint Jahsh (may Allaah be pleased with her)

Concerning her Allaah revealed the words (interpretation of the meaning):

So when Zayd had accomplished his desire from her (i.e. divorced her), We gave her to you in marriage, so that (in future) there may be no difficulty to the believers in respect of (the marriage of) the wives of their adopted sons when the latter have no desire to keep them (i.e. they have divorced them)”

[al-Ahzaab 33:37]

She used to boast about this to the other wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), saying: “Your families arranged your marriages but Allaah arranged my marriage from above the seven heavens.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7420.
Adoption in Islam:

Islam prohibits adopting children. Period. Adoption in the technical sense is not allowed in Muslim Shriah law. This is because Allah does not like this gesture of adopting orphan children. Muhammad Rushed Ridha states, "Allah prohibited adoption in Islam and annulled all the judgements pertaining to adoption. The most important one of which was the prohibition of the wife of the adopted son to the fostering father as though he is the natural father. So Allah commanded his prophet to marry Zainab Bint Jahsh in order to abolish pagan custom

So, this charge that the dissimulators, among others, leveled against Muhammad (pbuh) necessitated the revelation of more Qur'anic verses:

(Sura al-Ahzab Q.33: 40): "Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but [he is] God's Messenger and the Seal of the Prophets. God is Aware of everything!"

(Sura al-Ahzab Q.33: 37): "We married her off to you so that there would be no objection for believers in respect to their adopted sons' wives once they have accomplished their purpose with them. God's command must be done!"

In the verse (33:37) there is stated a particular purpose for this revelation and action of Muhammad. It is not for himself, but it is for the future of the Muslim community. It is so that in future there may not be a problem if anybody (father-in-law) wants to marry the divorced wife of an adopted son. “We permitted you to marry her so that it may hence be legitimate and morally blameless for a believer to marry the wife of his adopted son.”

Inspirations II - The marriage of the Prophet to Zeinab bent Jahsh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rCyzhHIvYk
9 – Umm Habeebah bint Abi Sufyaan (may Allaah be pleased with her):

Abu Dawood (2107) narrated from ‘Urwah from Umm Habeebah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that she was married to ‘Ubayd-Allaah ibn Jahsh, who died in Abyssinia. Then the Negus married her to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and gave her a mahr of four thousand on his behalf, and sent her to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with Shurahbeel ibn Hasanah. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

10- Maymoonah bint al-Haarith (may Allaah be pleased with her)

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married Maymoonah when he was in ihraam. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1832; Muslim, 1410.

The words “when he was in ihraam” are a mistake. In fact the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married her after he exited ihraam following ‘Umrat al-Qada’.

See Zaad al-Ma’aad, 1/113; Fath al-Baari, hadeeth no. 5114.

11 – Safiyyah bint Huyayy ibn Akhtab (may Allaah be pleased with her)

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) set her free and married her after the battle of Khaybar. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 371.

These are the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with whom he consummated marriage. Two of them died during the lifetime of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), namely Khadeejah and Zaynab bint Khuzaymah (may Allaah be pleased with them both). The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) left behind nine wives when he died; there is no difference of scholarly opinion on this matter.

See Zaad al-Ma’aad, 1/105-114

It was said that Rayhaanah bint ‘Amr al-Nadariyyah (or al-Quraziyyah) was also one of his wives. She was taken prisoner during the battle of Bani Qurayzah, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) chose her for himself and married her, then he divorced her then took her back. Tabaqaat Ibn Sa’d , narrating from al-Waaqidi, 8/130

And it was said that she was a concubine.

My Journey To Islam: Chris Mortimer YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf9nH4h5l8M

3 Jewish Rabbis Say Islam Is The Truth YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBcA2IaZyNg

Old 11-28-2015, 02:32 AM

Joanna Mahfoz - My Journey to Islam | 11th May 2014 youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxOHdZoNP0U

My Revert Story. From jewish to Islam. youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovcxnhRQlwE

Old 11-28-2015, 08:37 AM

I wonder at the irrationality....women wear the hajib so as to not attract men, but then they wear a pile of eye make up to attract men. This is actually pretty sad....the only part of their individuality they can display and they want to make that small part attractive to men.

And it is so sad that all these Muslim men rape women. Sweden is now the rape capital of the world because of Muslims.

Allah encouraged rape of captive women. Both the Quran and hadiths concur on rape.

The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives.
Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

I bet converts to Islam would fail my simple quiz.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:29 AM

[LEFT]someone told me

Women have their reasons for converting to Islam in as far as they do convert. For example, there was a story in the Blaze this summer about a Playboy bunny who made this conversion precisely in order to excuse covering up. She reports being happy with the results. She writes on her blog: "Yes, I was a Playboy Bunny. [I've] done shoots in lingerie, bikinis and attires that are not exactly meant to protect my modesty…but really, all these achievements got me thinking of a woman’s worth. I believe I am more worthy than showing off my body. I am MORE than this. I started to look for something deeper…a religion, a God, a better way of living life." And later she concludes: "I wanted to cover myself up more…be respected and known for who I am inside…not for how much flesh I am showing outside. The first time I put on a hijab was when I went for local telco company TVC casting…and I looked at myself, and I feel liberated…I feel so happy and protected…I feel safe."

Sounds actually kind of feminist, doesn't it? You see, in reality, having to be immodest is not essentially different from having to be modest. When pressured into doing one thing, many people instinctively want to rebel against that pressure sooner or later and voluntarily go in the opposite direction. Islam became this young woman's excuse. It became a source of security and empowerment for her. That can happen! It's for these sorts of reasons that I'm not as judgmental of Islam or other religions as such as some outsiders to the faith in question are. Most seriously religious people (about 3 out of 5 overall, according to a 2011 survey by Pew Research) are female. There are reasons why that happens. Women don't usually convert in order to become homebound wives and mothers. They convert because they find something empowering in a particular faith that matters more to them than other things.

If I may offer a personal opinion, I believe that when Westerners assail Islam, their motivations are usually a lot more racist than authentically feminist, with Islam simply functioning as a socially acceptable stand-in for a direct assault on someone else's race or nationality. Most Western anti-Islam crusaders in reality are also opposed to things like abortion rights, equal pay and other anti-discrimination laws, and so on and so on. They're not real feminists. They're just posers who are seizing upon the fact that our society is having a feminist moment right now in order to rationalize a more ethnic prejudice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vay0L6LKJmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqS_lRsWMGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWPOngOBvoQ
[/LEFT]

Old 12-02-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lion5 View Post
[LEFT]someone told me

Women have their reasons for converting to Islam in as far as they do convert. For example, there was a story in the Blaze this summer about a Playboy bunny who made this conversion precisely in order to excuse covering up. She reports being happy with the results. She writes on her blog: "Yes, I was a Playboy Bunny. [I've] done shoots in lingerie, bikinis and attires that are not exactly meant to protect my modesty…but really, all these achievements got me thinking of a woman’s worth. I believe I am more worthy than showing off my body. I am MORE than this. I started to look for something deeper…a religion, a God, a better way of living life." And later she concludes: "I wanted to cover myself up more…be respected and known for who I am inside…not for how much flesh I am showing outside. The first time I put on a hijab was when I went for local telco company TVC casting…and I looked at myself, and I feel liberated…I feel so happy and protected…I feel safe."

Sounds actually kind of feminist, doesn't it? You see, in reality, having to be immodest is not essentially different from having to be modest. When pressured into doing one thing, many people instinctively want to rebel against that pressure sooner or later and voluntarily go in the opposite direction. Islam became this young woman's excuse. It became a source of security and empowerment for her. That can happen! It's for these sorts of reasons that I'm not as judgmental of Islam or other religions as such as some outsiders to the faith in question are. Most seriously religious people (about 3 out of 5 overall, according to a 2011 survey by Pew Research) are female. There are reasons why that happens. Women don't usually convert in order to become homebound wives and mothers. They convert because they find something empowering in a particular faith that matters more to them than other things.

If I may offer a personal opinion, I believe that when Westerners assail Islam, their motivations are usually a lot more racist than authentically feminist, with Islam simply functioning as a socially acceptable stand-in for a direct assault on someone else's race or nationality. Most Western anti-Islam crusaders in reality are also opposed to things like abortion rights, equal pay and other anti-discrimination laws, and so on and so on. They're not real feminists. They're just posers who are seizing upon the fact that our society is having a feminist moment right now in order to rationalize a more ethnic prejudice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vay0L6LKJmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqS_lRsWMGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWPOngOBvoQ
[/LEFT]
First of all, Islam is not a race or nationality. It is an ideology. You can't choose your race or where you happen to be born. It's CHANCE and says nothing about who you are as an individual. You DO choose what you believe - your ideology, philosophy, religion. People of every race and nationality choose to become Muslims. You are responsible for the beliefs you choose and your belief system makes up your character...for good or bad. Good people do not choose to follow an evil ideology.

Since Islam is a belief system, it has beliefs. No surprise there. What are those beliefs? Are they good beliefs, or bad beliefs? Do the beliefs support life, or death? Human rights, or violations of human rights? We can read the Quran and hadiths to find out. Muhammed is supposedly the prophet of allah, the god of Islam, and the moral example to follow for all Muslims:
"Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah." (Qur'an 33:21)

According to the hadiths and Quran, Muhammed had sex with a little child of 9 years old. He raped women and let his men rape women - and this is after Muhammed and his men attacked villages and slaughtered the fathers, sons and husbands of these women. Then Muhammed and his gang would enslave or sell or trade or ransom the women. Muhammed had 13 wives. But women were not allowed to have 13 husbands. Muhammed's child bride Aisha said that Muslim women were the women most beaten:

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women'"

Muhammed hit the little girl who was his child bride (Muslim (4:2127).

Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her. Her skin was bruised so badly that it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing. Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual desires.

Abu Dawud (2142) - "The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife."

Abu Dawud (2126) - "A man from the Ansar called Basrah said: 'I married a virgin woman in her veil. When I entered upon her, I found her pregnant. (I mentioned this to the Prophet).' The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: 'She will get the dower, for you made her vagina lawful for you. The child will be your slave. When she has begotten (a child), flog her'"

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's fathers-in-law (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him by slapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him. According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.

The Quran gives permission for men to beat their wives.

Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

What else does this 'beautiful pattern of conduct do? Muhammed gave captive women out to his men like party favors:

The apostle gave Ali a girl called Rayta; and he gave Uthman a girl called Zaynab; and he gave Umar a girl whom Umar gave to his son Abdullah. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 878)

Muhammed sold women:

Tabari VIII:39 "Then the Messenger of Allah sent Sa'd bin Zayd with some of the Qurayza captives to Najd, and in exchange for them he purchased horses and arms."

Muhammed/Allah promoted the mass rape of women:

"O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interruptus?" The Prophet said, "It is better for you not to do it. No soul that which Allah has destined to exist, but will surely come into existence.” (Bukhari 34:432)

After taking Mecca in 630, Muhammad also ordered the murder of a slave girl who had merely made up songs mocking him. There are examples of other women Muhammed ordered to be slaughtered.

Under Islam, women are less than men:

Tabari I:280 "Allah said, 'It is My obligation to make Eve bleed once every month as she made this tree bleed. I must also make Eve stupid, although I created her intelligent.' Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of this world menstruate and are stupid."

Qur'an (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176). In Islam, sexism is mathematically established.

Qur'an (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..." A man has dominion over his wives' bodies as he does his land.

Qur'an (4:24) and Qur'an (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage.

Bukhari (6:301) - "[Muhammad] said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'"

Bukhari (2:29) - Women comprise the majority of Hell's occupants. This is important because the only women in heaven mentioned explicitly by Muhammad are the virgins who serve the sexual desires of men.

It goes on and on.

Why would a woman convert to Islam, then?

I cannot answer for this woman, I would need to ask her. Does she have any idea of the facts of Islam that I have posted above. or is she ignorant? Is she stupid, looking for attention, punishing herself because of guilt? She obviously made bad decisions before this. I do know that she still wears piles of makeup and seems obsessed with herself and is making money selling sexy undergarments and beauty supplies.

Felixia Yeap's Official Blog

I do know that many women who convert to Islam later leave Islam.

Today we see the effects of Islam all over the world. Muslim gangs mass rape women and little girls. Women are sexually mutilated, stoned, beaten, horribly abused. There are honor killings, child brides and slavery. Rape victims are punished. All in the name of Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam