Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2015, 12:08 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times

Advertisements

In part owing to Muslim violence in one area, all Muslims are being driven out in others

Here is my open letter to highest official I met in Brunei.

Please duplicate or contact people you know to help these people.

########
Attention: Garrison's Chief of Staff Major John Dawson,

Brunei HIVE
Brunei Garrison

Dear Major,
A few years ago I shared a table with you at Istana Nurul Iman. I am that tall American with the sailboat. You kindly offerred to listen to any call for assistance.

I recall seated at the table were staff members from the British Army Air Corps (7 Flight) and RLD. They may be needed for an airlift.

It is for people on another vessel I seek assistance.

The Malaysian government has just pushed back an overloaded vessel carrying Muslims escaping from Myanmar. It is currently SW of Langkawi.

There are those that claim the last person one Muslim will permit to move into his country is another Muslim. I don't believe that is the case for Brunei.

In fact I believe is the perfect Country to help resettle these oppressed people.

It is possible here for the people of Brunei to show compassion and gain a large pool of eager young workers

I don't have the Sultan's ear as you do. Would you please inquiry if saving the lives of Muslims are more important than his polo ponies.

Thank you

Philip Maise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 11:53 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,293 times
JazakAllahukhairun for bringing this up. The plight of our Burmese Muslim brothers and sisters must be addressed.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:56 AM

These eatimated 6,000 men, women, and children are floating on boats in conditions that must be pure hell. Several hundred have died and those alive have little or no protection from sun, heat, and waves.

Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia claim they are trying to prevent "human trafficking".

That is not the real problem. The real problem for the Rohingya-muslims is they are being purged in a similar manner that other religions are purged from Iraq. Once purged, from villages they lived hundreds of years, they have no where to go back.

Call, write, network, do something, anything to find a new homeland for these people.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/world/bangl...o-go-1.3072054

Why do rich Arabic countries fly in untrained workers from India, and the Philippines by the million when this willing young, Muslim work force is rejected?

Old 05-19-2015, 09:44 PM

Todays news is difficult for me to read. It appears the vessel shown here has sank with loss of life 300+ people.

Southeast Asian migrant crisis: 'Ghost ship' carrying 350 starving Rohingya Muslims vanishes off Thailand

Each child, woman, and man in this photograph has likely died. The price paid owing to some Muslims that have lost their compassion is high.

Obviously no one has any compassion for Rohingya. Even Muslim nations have no compassion. One mega-yacht owner could easily have rescued a fishing boat full of people.

Another vessel report is equally distressing. That vessel was thankfully accepted into Indonesia. It spent many months at sea. Warning this article is graphic and desribes chaos aboard and 200 dead thrown overboard.
'They hit us, with hammers, by knife': Rohingya migrants tell of horror at sea | World news | The Guardian
Attached Thumbnails
Help needed for eacaping Muslims from Myanmar-rohingya-boat-koh-lipe-thailand.jpg  

Old 05-20-2015, 08:04 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,293 times
Here's some good news on the topic...

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015...ment.html?_r=0

"Indonesia and Malaysia agreed Wednesday to provide temporary shelter to thousands of migrants believed to be stranded at sea, a potential breakthrough in the humanitarian crisis confronting Southeast Asia after weeks of reluctance by the region's nations to take responsibility."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam