U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-24-2015, 11:41 AM
 
352 posts, read 308,035 times
Reputation: 54

Advertisements

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name Of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You (all).







What NASA Discovered About The Kabah And Macca





Wassalaam. devotee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2015, 04:52 PM
 
3,404 posts, read 2,249,298 times
Reputation: 1315
Please tell me you don't buy this! This is junk science and conspiracy theories.The idea that the magnetic field is not existant around Mecca, that gravity affects one less in Mecca, and that there is some shortwave radio signal of infinite wavelength are just absurd. (An absolute contradiction in terms. Shortwave is from 1.6 to 30 MHz, generally speaking, and there are several radio bands with longer wavelength. Furthermore, a signal of infinite wavelength is just a dc component, and as such cannot carry information or propagate at all!)

Add to the bogus science that the supposed proof is data from NASA that has "mysteriously" disappeared, and you have a whole lot of mumbo jumbo that makes your religion appear less true, not more. Please don't just accept it because someone from your faith who appears smart is making these claims. Your faith and your god do not need dodgy, misused science, conspiracy theories, and outright disregard for the truth, do they? Aren't your beliefs deeper than that?

-NoCapo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2015, 05:46 PM
 
1,666 posts, read 768,938 times
Reputation: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Please tell me you don't buy this! This is junk science and conspiracy theories.The idea that the magnetic field is not existant around Mecca, that gravity affects one less in Mecca, and that there is some shortwave radio signal of infinite wavelength are just absurd. (An absolute contradiction in terms. Shortwave is from 1.6 to 30 MHz, generally speaking, and there are several radio bands with longer wavelength. Furthermore, a signal of infinite wavelength is just a dc component, and as such cannot carry information or propagate at all!)

Add to the bogus science that the supposed proof is data from NASA that has "mysteriously" disappeared, and you have a whole lot of mumbo jumbo that makes your religion appear less true, not more. Please don't just accept it because someone from your faith who appears smart is making these claims. Your faith and your god do not need dodgy, misused science, conspiracy theories, and outright disregard for the truth, do they? Aren't your beliefs deeper than that?

-NoCapo
You're correct we don't need it. However the Quran's explicit agreement with the Big Bang theory, evolution and the embryological stages of human development are quite amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2015, 06:32 PM
 
3,404 posts, read 2,249,298 times
Reputation: 1315
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
You're correct we don't need it. However the Quran's explicit agreement with the Big Bang theory, evolution and the embryological stages of human development are quite amazing.
And, while I have seen most of those, I find them... strained at best. But regardless, the kind of stuff the OP posted are not helpful. It presents your faith as one needing to be supported by sensationalistic falsities and conspiracy theories. I don't think that is his intention or yours.

I encountered similar attitudes when I was a Christian, and I have to say it is equally damaging to that faith. I find it frustrating when well meaning people will swallow and regurgitate things that are demonstrably false because the person who told it to them is a fellow believer. It is demeaning to one's own sincerely held faith to support it with falsities and deception.

While I don't believe, I do think Islam is a for more complex and interesting religion than one would think from some of what gets posted. Its just a shame that so much of the discussion gets derailed into terrorism or stuff like this.

-NoCapo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2015, 08:42 PM
 
1,666 posts, read 768,938 times
Reputation: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
And, while I have seen most of those, I find them... strained at best. But regardless, the kind of stuff the OP posted are not helpful. It presents your faith as one needing to be supported by sensationalistic falsities and conspiracy theories. I don't think that is his intention or yours.

I encountered similar attitudes when I was a Christian, and I have to say it is equally damaging to that faith. I find it frustrating when well meaning people will swallow and regurgitate things that are demonstrably false because the person who told it to them is a fellow believer. It is demeaning to one's own sincerely held faith to support it with falsities and deception.

While I don't believe, I do think Islam is a for more complex and interesting religion than one would think from some of what gets posted. Its just a shame that so much of the discussion gets derailed into terrorism or stuff like this.

-NoCapo
I understand. The focus is usually on what a said religion's members are doing rather than the actual theology, philosophy and scripture of said religion. I guess it makes perfect sense as I believe most people only know a given religion based on their interaction with members of the religion or how they see the religion portrayed in media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2015, 07:00 AM
 
352 posts, read 308,035 times
Reputation: 54
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name Of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You (all).


Well, it's obvious that NoCapo, has not made the hajj, or he would have spoken of his experiences. I would like to hear from those whom have made the pilgrimage. I would not accept someone else's experience's as junk science!


Wassalaam. devotee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2015, 05:04 AM
 
352 posts, read 308,035 times
Reputation: 54
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name Of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You (all).






The Arrivals - Part 45 (The Kaaba & The 9-11 Ritual)





Wassalaam. devotee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2015, 07:24 PM
 
3,404 posts, read 2,249,298 times
Reputation: 1315
Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name Of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You (all).


Well, it's obvious that NoCapo, has not made the hajj, or he would have spoken of his experiences. I would like to hear from those whom have made the pilgrimage. I would not accept someone else's experience's as junk science!


Wassalaam. devotee
Absolutely correct. And you will not see me make the hajj, as I am not a muslim.

I do not doubt for a moment that many believers who make that pilgrimage experience a feeling of energy, an electric atmosphere, a spiritual charge while they take part in one their faiths' great traditions in the company of other believers.

I had similar experiences as a Christian attending the Brownsville Revival in Florida, and at a host of other occasions taking part in worship and spiritual communion with those who shared my faith. At this point in my life, I believe that those experiences were based on my human emotions, expectations, and sense of community, and not on a divine presence or mystical spiritual energy. Nevertheless I believe that the feelings I experienced were real, and I believe the experience described on the hajj is no less real.

However, that does not change the fact that the speaker is flatly incorrect about the science of the Earth's magnetic field, about gravity being somehow abnormal around Mecca, and about the possibility of a shortband signal of infinite wavelength (a contradiction in terms, not unlike a square circle).

To try to explain the experience of communion with thousands of fellow believers, of participating in one of the most foundational experiences of your faith often at great personal expense, of putting your whole being into an act of obedience to the God that you worship with bad science and things that are demonstrably not true is to do your own faith a disservice. Let your faith, your devotion, and your experiences stand alone. Are they not a powerful enough testimony on their own? They don't need to be justified with nonsense that reads like a science fiction novel.

-NoCapo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2015, 08:15 AM
 
352 posts, read 308,035 times
Reputation: 54
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name Of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You (all).





Quote:
Absolutely correct. And you will not see me make the hajj, as I am not a muslim.

NoCapo, you don't know that some Christians, make the pilgrimage to Mecca.




Quote:
However, that does not change the fact that the speaker is flatly incorrect about the science of the Earth's magnetic field, about gravity being somehow abnormal around Mecca, and about the possibility of a shortband signal of infinite wavelength (a contradiction in terms, not unlike a square circle).
Well, we all have a lot to learn, in the life of this world.




Holy Mysteries - Secrets of the Kaaba


The Arrivals pt. 44 (The Significance of The Kaaba)





Wassalaam. devotee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2015, 10:22 AM
 
13,092 posts, read 13,683,396 times
Reputation: 9156
Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
NoCapo, you don't know that some Christians, make the pilgrimage to Mecca.
This from the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Cosular Affairs;
Non-Muslims are forbidden to travel to the holy city of Makkah.

Non-Muslims are strictly prohibited from entering the city of Mecca. The penalty is deportation from the country. Documentation will be checked upon entry and anyone not showing proof of being Muslim will be denied entry.

And here is another fun fact: In the U.S.A, an estimated 80 percent of mosques are supported largely with funds and imams from Saudi Arabia.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 05-30-2015 at 10:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top