U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 02:35 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
yes i agree with you Islam = politics

and as such the human man Muhammad belongs grouped with Stalin, Hitler

he bears no resemblance whatsoever either in person or in teachings or in wisdom to Jesus, Gautama Buddha, Abraham, or the Dalai Lama
I am quite certain I have never meet Muhammad(saws) personally and I doubt any one living today has done so.

as Muhammad(saws) never wrote anything we can only rely upon what others have said about Him.

Like many people there are conflicting opinions. Some true and some fabricated. Even more difficult is the Arabian Peninsula was sparesly inhabited 1400 years ago.

Some sources from his era are the Ahadith. Actually they are almost the only source. But, they are difficult as typically they are only a few words a witness heard and we do not always know who was being spoken to or the circumstances.

A few stick in my mind such as the things he said about women.

WIVES:

1.Muhammad said: "Beat not your wives." Then Omar came to the Rasul (Muhammad) and said, "Wives have got the upper hand of their husbands from hearing this."

2.He is the most perfect Muslim whose disposition is best; and the best of you are they who behave best to their wives.

3. A virtuous wife is a man's best treasure.

4.Women are the twin-halves of men.

WOMEN:

1.The world and all things in it are valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman.

2.The best women are the virtuous; they are the most affectionate to infants, and the most careful of their husbands' property.

3. When a woman performeth the five times of prayer, and fasteth the month of Ramadan, and is chaste, and is not disobedient to her husband, then tell her to enter Paradise by whichever door she likes..

4. Verily a great number of women are assembled near my family, complaining of their husbands; and those men who ill-treat their wives do not behave well. He is not of my way who teacheth a woman to stray.

5.Asma, daughter of Yazid, said, "Victuals were brought to Muhammad, and he put them before some of us women who were present, and said, `Eat ye.' But notwithstanding we were hungry we said, ` We have no inclination.' Muhammad said, `O women! do not mix hunger with lies."'

6.Whoever doeth good to girls, it will be a curtain to him from hell-fire.

7.Whoever befriendeth two girl till they come of age, will be in the next world along with me, like my two fingers joining each other.

8.Whoever befriendeth three daughters, or three sisters, and teacheth them manners, and is affectionate to them, till they come of age, may God apportion Paradise for him.

9.Whoever hath a daughter, and doth not bury her alive, or scold her, or prefer his male children to her, may God bring him into Paradise.

10. Shall I not point out to you the best of virtues? It is your doing good to your daughter when she is returned to you having been divorced by her husband.

11.God enjoins you to treat women well, for they are your mothers, daughters, and aunts.

Islam & The Third World War - Anti-Islam Propaganda: What Prophet Mohamed Said about Women

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 06-18-2015, 03:20 PM

1,601 posts, read 751,221 times
"I am quite certain I have never meet Muhammad(saws) personally and I doubt any one living today has done so."

True.

"as Muhammad(saws) never wrote anything we can only rely upon what others have said about Him."

OK, So why do you choose to believe this man of mystery is a prophet?

Same with that allah character. No one has ever met him, even back then. Just word of mouth from people none of us has ever met. Neither one of them could seem to write a decent book. From everything we know, it seems that Muhammed made up this CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE who had such interest in Muhammed's perverted sexual preferences and mass murder.

What we can say is that many of the hadith collaborate that Muhammed raped a child, raped and sold and enslaved women, demanded terrorism and hate and that people be slaughtered, etc. Further, the Quran itself says it is OK to beat women, rape captive women, enslave women, etc. It all ties so horribly together in one evil package. And we can say that Muslims submit to this nonsense.

The mystery is how so many people can choose to follow such evil. Since you claim it is all reliance upon what others have said, why not trash the whole evil business and start fresh? Really, you can do better! Instead of perversion and hate and slaughter and backwardness and human rights abuses and worship of death and terrorism.............choose rationality, self-esteem, productivity, integrity, justice, individual rights, honesty, independence!!

Old 06-18-2015, 04:15 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"I am quite certain I have never meet Muhammad(saws) personally and I doubt any one living today has done so."

True.

"as Muhammad(saws) never wrote anything we can only rely upon what others have said about Him."

OK, So why do you choose to believe this man of mystery is a prophet?

Same with that allah character. No one has ever met him, even back then. Just word of mouth from people none of us has ever met. Neither one of them could seem to write a decent book. From everything we know, it seems that Muhammed made up this CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE who had such interest in Muhammed's perverted sexual preferences and mass murder.

What we can say is that many of the hadith collaborate that Muhammed raped a child, raped and sold and enslaved women, demanded terrorism and hate and that people be slaughtered, etc. Further, the Quran itself says it is OK to beat women, rape captive women, enslave women, etc. It all ties so horribly together in one evil package. And we can say that Muslims submit to this nonsense.

The mystery is how so many people can choose to follow such evil. Since you claim it is all reliance upon what others have said, why not trash the whole evil business and start fresh? Really, you can do better! Instead of perversion and hate and slaughter and backwardness and human rights abuses and worship of death and terrorism.............choose rationality, self-esteem, productivity, integrity, justice, individual rights, honesty, independence!!
Allaah(swt( spelled Alif Lam Hah is the same Root word as the Jewish Elohim and the Aramaic Eli. All referring to the same monotheistic deity that was worshiped by Moses, Abraham and Jesus.
Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic are essentially composed of the same root words.

Allah was used by Arabic Christians pre-Muhammad as can been seen in the oldest known bible, the Codex Arabicus which was written in Arabic, not long after the Death of Muhammad(saws)

From a Christian site... I believe this came as a response to when Indonesia tried to pass a law forbidding Christians to call God Allah

Quote:

Allah Does not Belong to Islam
Article ID: DI220 | By: Helen Louise Herndon
This article first appeared in the Viewpoint column of the Christian Research Journal, volume 25, number 1 (2002). For further information or to subscribe to the Christian Research Journal go to: EQUIP, Christian Articles, Bible Answer Man | CRI

Arabic-speaking Coptic, Roman Catholic, Orthodox, Maronite, evangelical, and Reformed Christians worship Allah, which is simply the word or term for God in another language. Islam does not hold a copyright to the term. In fact, Arab Christians existed before Islam appeared on the scene. Christians who worship Allah number in the millions, and their biblical version of Allah differs from the Qur’anic version. To demean or demonize the word for God in another language does a great disservice to believers who speak that language. Opportunities to win a hearing or dialogue between Christians and Arabic-speaking Muslims vis-à-vis Jesus Christ are also minimized.
It is time for all of us, especially Christians, to exercise caution when it comes to attacking the term for God in a language foreign to most of us. No other term exists in Arabic for the God Christians claim to be the one, true God. Western Christians do not normally use Hebrew terms for God in their languages. They cannot expect Arab Christians to use any other term or word for theirs. Allah is equivalent to the English God, the French Dieu, or the Spanish Dios.
Allah Does not Belong to Islam - Christian Research Institute

the reason a believe he is a Prophet is because He could not have written the Qur'an nor could any other person. No one has ever been able to write as much as one original sentence in Qur'anic Arabic. The uniqueness of the Qur'an has convinced me and many others the Qur'an is the exact words as spoken by Allaah(swt)

God Allah - Can We Prove Quran is from God?

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 06-18-2015, 04:19 PM

7,811 posts, read 10,702,458 times
Thread temporarily closed pending moderator consideration, due to nature of the OP, in light of upcoming Islamic holiday....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam