U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: "Is the Christian belief in the Trinity polytheistic?"
Yes 9 81.82%
No 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 05:31 AM

762 posts, read 986,775 times

Advertisements

Then why is it Woodrow, that some muslims use this very same stick to beat at christians today? Accusing Catholics of worshipping Mary. as I said it would appear the Quran is very much a work for a certain people for a certain time.

Of the ayats you post above I find interesting that without the words in parenthesis added by scholars the Quran's view Jesus is described much as christians see Him. makes me wonder sometimes how much the "scholars" over the centuries may have changed the interpretation of the Quran.

Just a thought to add... The trinity being mentioned only twice in the Quran makes it twice more than being mentioned in the Bible. Where it's not mentioned at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 06:49 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
Then why is it Woodrow, that some muslims use this very same stick to beat at christians today? Accusing Catholics of worshipping Mary. as I said it would appear the Quran is very much a work for a certain people for a certain time.

Of the ayats you post above I find interesting that without the words in parenthesis added by scholars the Quran's view Jesus is described much as christians see Him. makes me wonder sometimes how much the "scholars" over the centuries may have changed the interpretation of the Quran.

Just a thought to add... The trinity being mentioned only twice in the Quran makes it twice more than being mentioned in the Bible. Where it's not mentioned at all.
The notes in parenthesis are not in an actual Qur'an. Many probably most of the Translators to English are not Islamic scholars but are Linguistic scholars adept in Arabic and English.

Muslims are encouraged to read the original Arabic, without commentary or interpretations.

While some of the Surah are addressed to a specific people, the message contained is for all people.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam