U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 03:52 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,317,313 times

Advertisements

While the Thread title is Shi'ite the message pertains to all Muslims and a reminder there is to be no sects in Islam.

We are Muslim there is no room for any adjectives in front of Muslim.

May we all remember Ramadan is a time for peace and friendship. Let us all strive to avoid discord, disagreement and conflicts with all people.

Quote:
Rouhani says Ramadan bears message of ‘peace and friendship’
Tehran Times Political Desk

TEHRAN – In separate congratulation messages to the heads of the Islamic countries on the onset of the auspicious fasting month of Ramadan, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says that Ramadan bears message of “mercy, peace, brotherhood and friendship”.

In his statement issued on Friday, Rouhani expressed hope that unity among Muslims would be increased in this holy month.

tehran times : Rouhani says Ramadan bears message of ?peace and friendship?
Other words of Hope for Peace

Quote:
Philippine governor calls for peace in Ramadan message

17 June 2015 22:16 (Last updated 17 June 2015 22:17)
Mujiv Hataman of autonomous Mindanao region stresses message of love, compassion as Muslims begin fast Thursday

by Hader Glang

ZAMBOANGA CITY, Philippines

The governor of an autonomous region in the southern Philippines has called on Filipino Muslims to spread the message of love, peace and compassion as they prepare for the holy month of Ramadan.

Mujiv Hataman, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) governor, stressed in a statement Wednesday that the message should extend to Muslims as well as “to our non-Muslim brothers and sisters in Mindanao, the Philippines, and across the world."
Philippine governor calls for peace in Ramadan message Anadolu Agency
Quote:
Ramadan: Buhari begs Boko Haram to embrace peace
June 18, 2015Talatu Usman
President Muhammadu Buhari has urged those who perpetrate violence and destruction in the name of Islam all over the world to desist from tarnishing the name of the religion.

In his message to Muslims Thursday as they started the 2015 Ramadan fast, the president called on Nigerians to pray for peace, love and prosperity throughout the country.

Ramadan: Buhari begs Boko Haram to embrace peace - Premium Times Nigeria
Quote:
Ramadhan Message of GPH Peace Panel Chair Miriam Coronel-Ferrer
Message of GPH Peace Panel Chair Miriam Coronel-Ferrer
On the Holy Month of Ramadan

[Released on June 18, 2015]

I extend my most heartfelt salaam to the Bangsamoro, the Muslim Filipinos, and the rest of Muslims around the world, as you begin your observance of the Holy Month of Ramadhan.

The individual sacrifices you set out to do, such as the holy fasting and abstinence during the next month, are not only to show reverence and devotion to the Almighty. They are also opportunities for enlightenment – to cleanse one’s self of earthly impurities, to consider the suffering of others, and to struggle to live a life worthy of God’s mercy and grace.
Ramadhan Message of GPH Peace Panel Chair Miriam Coronel-Ferrer | Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines
Quote:
Ramadan 2015: Wishes, Messages and Greetings to be Shared on Muslim Holy Month of Fasting

It is the time of the year when Muslims all around the globe observe the strict annual one month of fasting to commemorate the time when Quran was revealed to Prophet Muhammad.

How First Day of the Islamic Holy Month was Observed Around the World [PHOTOS]

During the holy month, which is expected to start on 18 June, this year, Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset. Ardent devotees even refrain from swallowing their saliva during the fasting days.

Ramadan 2015: Quran Verses, Quotes and Messages on Fasting

It is also the holy month of sharing, donating and praying to bring joy and harmony among others.
Ramadan 2015: Wishes, Messages and Greetings to be Shared on Muslim Holy Month of Fasting

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 09:30 PM

Why we as Muslims are obligated to wish peace for our non-Muslim neighbors, relatives and friends during Ramadan.

Quote:
Congratulating Non-Muslims on Their Festive Occasions
Question and answer details
Name of Questioner: Abu Yusuf
Reply date: 2015/04/06
Question: Dear scholars, as-salamu `alaykum. Would you please shed light on the ruling of congratulating non-Muslims on their festive occasions. Please, explain this issue in detail, such as congratulating them for their different festivities including national ones as well as exchanging gifts. Jazakum Allah khayran.
consultant: European Council for Fatwa and Research
Answer

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.
Dear brother in Islam, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

First of all, we stress that Muslims are commanded to deal justly and kindly with their non-Muslim neighbors or friends. Therefore, there is nothing wrong in exchanging gifts with them. Muslims are allowed to congratulate non-Muslims on their festive days and this becomes more of an obligation if the non-Muslims offer their greetings on Islamic festive occasions. Allah Almighty says: (When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or at least return it equally…) (An-Nisa’ 4: 86)
Congratulating Non-Muslims on Their Festive Occasions - Da`wah to Non- & New Muslims - counsels - OnIslam.net

Old 06-20-2015, 09:32 PM

To all People Muslim and Non-Muslim

Ramadan Mubarak

Peace and Joy be upon all.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:45 PM

Breaking the Ramadan fast in the company of Jews
By Lauren Markoe | Religion News Service July 10, 2014

Muslim tradition calls for breaking the Ramadan fast in the evening with a date and a sip of water, and increasingly these days, the company of Jews.

Muslim-Jewish iftars are popping up across the nation, bringing together dozens and sometimes hundreds of people for a celebratory Ramadan meal and to forge interfaith friendships.

This Ramadan, as Jews and Muslims exchange rocket fire in Israel and Gaza, those attending these meals say they are all the more significant, as a way of demonstrating that Jews and Muslims have much in common, and can enjoy each others’ food and company.
Breaking the Ramadan fast in the company of Jews - The Washington Post

Old 06-20-2015, 09:51 PM

Can I Share an Iftar Meal with My Christian Friend?
Question and answer details
Name of Questioner: Ibrahem
Subject (not all answers are published): Can I Share an Iftar Meal with My Christian Friend?
Reply date: 2003-11-10
Question: Dear Sheikh! Ramadan Mubarak! I have a simple question for you. Can I have Iftar (i.e. to have an Iftar meal) at the house of my Christian friend?
consultant: Muhammad Muhammad Abu Laylah
Answer
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thank you for your question and the confidence you place in our service and we pray to Allah to enable us render this service purely for His Sake.

In the first place, we'd like to note that we must always be positive and work for the best. We should thank Allah for His Blessings and pray to Him to remove the difficulties. We should seize the opportunity of this blessed month to the life which is REAL and feel the sweetness of faith and the introduce Islam, with its tolerance and kindness to all our relative, neighbors, friends, Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

Indeed, Ramadan is a great opportunity to turn to Allah, to do the good deeds. We should take good advantage of this time. In addition to fasting and prayers in this month, you can invite your non-Muslims neighbors, civic and political leaders, interfaith leaders to have Iftar with you and tell them about Islam, its beautiful message. Try to remove whatever misunderstanding they may have about Islam and Muslims.

Can I Share an Iftar Meal with My Christian Friend? - Da`wah to Non- & New Muslims - counsels - OnIslam.net

Old 06-20-2015, 09:59 PM

THE BEAUTY OF RAMADAN

Old 06-21-2015, 01:14 AM

1,666 posts, read 772,200 times
Good post brother

Old 06-21-2015, 09:09 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,121,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
you can invite your non-Muslims neighbors, civic and political leaders, interfaith leaders to have Iftar with you and tell them about Islam, its beautiful message.
If one of your many Christian friends invited you to an Easter dinner so they could tell you about Christianity and its beautiful message, would you accept the invitation?

Old 06-21-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
If one of your many Christian friends invited you to an Easter dinner so they could tell you about Christianity and its beautiful message, would you accept the invitation?
I would accept the invitation, but would not participate in the religious aspects. I would not interfere but would remain silent during their Easter Worship.. Shucks I like chocolate Easter Bunnies, most of them are halal. Chocolate free from intoxicant and meat products is Halal

I would be a bit disappointed in my friends if they invited me for the purpose of converting me to Christianity just as I would be disappointed in myself if I invited friends to Ramadan Iftar with the purpose of converting them.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:02 PM

4,609 posts, read 4,121,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I would be a bit disappointed in my friends if they invited me for the purpose of converting me to Christianity just as I would be disappointed in myself if I invited friends to Ramadan Iftar with the purpose of converting them.
That makes a lot of sense.

I'm glad you do not agree with the quote from that nutjob Muhammad Muhammad Abu Laylah in post #5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or