U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2015, 09:54 PM

8,671 posts, read 3,108,153 times

Advertisements

Walls of fire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 11:08 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,585,898 times
Oil and Water!

Old 07-25-2015, 07:38 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times
The question does not compute. Both are Prophets(PBUT) and all Prophets are equal

Ishmael is mentioned in the Qur'an 12 times

Quote:
2:125 (Picktall) And when We made the House (at Mecca) a resort for mankind and a sanctuary, (saying): Take as your place of worship the place where Abraham stood (to pray). And We imposed a duty upon Abraham and Ishmael, (saying): Purify My house for those who go around and those who meditate therein and those who bow down and prostrate themselves (in worship).

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:127 (Picktall) And when Abraham and Ishmael were raising the foundations of the House, (Abraham prayed): Our Lord! Accept from us (this duty). Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:133 (Picktall) Or were ye present when death came to Jacob, when he said unto his sons: What will ye worship after me? They said: We shall worship thy God, the God of thy fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac, One God, and unto Him we have surrendered.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:136 (Picktall) Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the Prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:140 (Picktall) Or say ye that Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Do ye know best, or doth Allah? And who is more unjust than he who hideth a testimony which he hath received from Allah? Allah is not unaware of what ye do.

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)

3:84 (Picktall) Say (O Muhammad): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was vouchsafed unto Moses and Jesus and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

An-Nisa (The Women)

4:163 (Picktall) Lo! We inspire thee as We inspired Noah and the prophets after him, as We inspired Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and Jesus and Job and Jonah and Aaron and Solomon, and as we imparted unto David the Psalms;

Al-An'am (The Cattle)

6:86 (Picktall) And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot. Each one of them did We prefer above (Our) creatures,

Ibrahim (Abraham)

14:39 (Picktall) Praise be to Allah Who hath given me, in my old age, Ishmael and Isaac! Lo! my Lord is indeed the Hearer of Prayer.

Maryam (Mary)

19:54 (Picktall) And make mention in the Scripture of Ishmael. Lo! he was a keeper of his promise, and he was a messenger (of Allah) a Prophet.

Al-Anbiya (The Prophets)

21:85 (Picktall) And (mention) Ishmael, and Idris, and Dhul-Kifl. All were of the steadfast.

Suad

38:48 (Picktall) And make mention of Ishmael and Elisha and Dhul Kifl. All are of the chosen.
Isaac is mentioned 16 times

Quote:
Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:133 (Picktall) Or were ye present when death came to Jacob, when he said unto his sons: What will ye worship after me? They said: We shall worship thy God, the God of thy fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac, One God, and unto Him we have surrendered.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:136 (Picktall) Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the Prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:140 (Picktall) Or say ye that Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Do ye know best, or doth Allah? And who is more unjust than he who hideth a testimony which he hath received from Allah? Allah is not unaware of what ye do.

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)

3:84 (Picktall) Say (O Muhammad): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was vouchsafed unto Moses and Jesus and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

An-Nisa (The Women)

4:163 (Picktall) Lo! We inspire thee as We inspired Noah and the prophets after him, as We inspired Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and Jesus and Job and Jonah and Aaron and Solomon, and as we imparted unto David the Psalms;

Al-An'am (The Cattle)

6:84 (Picktall) And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob; each of them We guided; and Noah did We guide aforetime; and of his seed (We guided) David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good.

Hud (The Prophet Hud)

11:71 (Picktall) And his wife, standing by, laughed when We gave her good tidings (of the birth) of Isaac, and, after Isaac, of Jacob.

Yusuf (Joseph)

12:6 (Picktall) Thus thy Lord will prefer thee and will teach thee the interpretation of events, and will perfect his grace upon thee and upon the family of Jacob as he perfected it upon thy forefathers, Abraham and Isaac. Lo! thy Lord is Knower, Wise.

Yusuf (Joseph)

12:38 (Picktall) And I have followed the religion of my fathers, Abraham and Isaac and Jacob. It never was for us to attribute aught as partner to Allah. This is of the bounty of Allah unto us (the seed of Abraham) and unto mankind; but most men give not thanks.

Ibrahim (Abraham)

14:39 (Picktall) Praise be to Allah Who hath given me, in my old age, Ishmael and Isaac! Lo! my Lord is indeed the Hearer of Prayer.

Maryam (Mary)

19:49 (Picktall) So, when he had withdrawn from them and that which they were worshipping beside Allah. We gave him Isaac and Jacob. Each of them We made a Prophet.

Al-Anbiya (The Prophets)

21:72 (Picktall) And We bestowed upon him Isaac, and Jacob as a grandson. Each of them We made righteous.

Al-'Ankabut (The Spider)

29:27 (Picktall) And We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob, and We established the Prophethood and the Scripture among his seed, and We gave him his reward in the world, and lo! in the Hereafter he verily is among the righteous.

As-Saffat (The Rangers)

37:112 (Picktall) And We gave him tidings of the birth of Isaac, a Prophet of the righteous.

As-Saffat (The Rangers)

37:113 (Picktall) And We blessed him and Isaac. And of their seed are some who do good, and some who plainly wrong themselves.

Suad

38:45 (Picktall) And me mention of our bondmen, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, men of parts and vision.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or