U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2015, 09:33 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 751,221 times
Reputation: 435

Advertisements

Sadly, this year's Ramadan topped last year's for number of people killed in the name of Islam.

2015 Final
In the name of
The Religion
of Peace
Terror Attacks 314
Suicide Bombings 63
Dead Bodies 2988
Wounded 3696

In the name of
ANY Other
Religion
Terror Attacks 0
Suicide Bombings 0
Dead Bodies 0
Wounded 0

By Way of
Anti-Muslim
Hate Crime
Terror Attacks 0
Suicide Bombings 0
Dead Bodies 0
Wounded 0


2014

272 deadly terror attacks
37 homicide bombings
2,429 dead bodies
2,028 critically wounded
-0- attacks by all other religions
*2 anti-Muslim attacks
*2014.07.03 A Myanmar Muslim was killed by Buddhists on rumor of a rape. (A Buddhist was also killed by Muslims during the same riot).
*2014.07.02 An Arab teen was murdered by Israeli Jews in response to the kidnap and murder of three Jewish teens.

 
Old 07-20-2015, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,582,753 times
Reputation: 461
Ramadan - the most holy month in the Islamic calendar

The above are real truths which should not be hidden or shut off.
The fact is these evils and violent acts are committed by SOME Muslims inspired by the Islamic holy texts, -the same holy texts - that are used by ALL Muslims.

The problem with why the above will definitely continue next year and the future is the majority of Muslims and non-Muslims are unable to identify the proximate root cause or deliberately become ostriches on this issue.

I believe David Cameron in his recent speech [I heard it [live] over the news channel] is getting near to it but still cannot put his finger on the 'nub' of it.

Cameron in his speech stated, ISIS claimed to be the 'truer' Muslims which is a poisonous ideology. This evil ideology should be exterminated but first we need to recognize it is nevertheless a part & parcel of Islam.

However the various medias twisted his words and did not report the main critical point of his speech. e.g.
He said the focus of his speech was Islamist extremism - not Islam the religion - and that moderate Muslims also hated the "sick world view" of extremists.
Cameron unveils strategy to tackle Islamist extremism - BBC News
Even if David Cameron get near to the root cause of Islamic evils and violence, i.e. recognizing Islam itself is part of the problem, from what I read so far, I don't see them getting the proximate root causes.

Unless we deal with the precise and proximate root cause of Islamic evils and violence, next year Ramadan holy violence and evils could only get worse. At present ISIS is beginning to use WMDs, i.e. poison gas and one can guess it can only get worse into the future.
 
Old 07-21-2015, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Reputation: 7407
The people that are killing Muslims want to kill Muslims.

The best time to identify Muslims and to catch Muslims in large groups is during Ramadan.

Yes, the ones doing the killing believe they are the only true Muslims and the rest of us are heretics that need to be destroyed.


The vast majority of us believe it is wrong to be aggressors and harm innocent people.

As Allaah(swt) has no need nor do we have anything to offer the only way we can Serve Allaah(swt) is to treat all of his creation with kindness care, respect, and dignity. We have the responsibility to provide for those who have less than we have. When we give charity to the needy we are not to question their religious beliefs, their sins or anything. we are to only know they are in need of help and we should render our help anonymously never revealing who we gave to or what we gave--with one exception if our revealing such will encourage others to give.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
 
Old 07-21-2015, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,582,753 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The people that are killing Muslims want to kill Muslims.

The best time to identify Muslims and to catch Muslims in large groups is during Ramadan.

Yes, the ones doing the killing believe they are the only true Muslims and the rest of us are heretics that need to be destroyed.

The vast majority of us believe it is wrong to be aggressors and harm innocent people.
From my reading and analysis of the Quran, yes, the ones committing violence and evil are the 'truer' Muslims. They have done nothing wrong against what is stipulated in the immutable Quran from Allah & the expounded Hadiths & Sira.

In accordance to the Quran, the majority of Muslims can be viewed as less truer Muslims because they do not follow the Quran to the 't' and compromise or ignore some critical aspects of the Quran.

The very positive point about the majority is they are progressive human beings who used their higher moral compass to compromise the evil elements in the Quran so as to optimize their necessary & unavoidable eschatological, soteriological, existential and psychological needs.

Quote:
As Allaah(swt) has no need nor do we have anything to offer the only way we can Serve Allaah(swt) is to treat all of his creation with kindness care, respect, and dignity. We have the responsibility to provide for those who have less than we have. When we give charity to the needy we are not to question their religious beliefs, their sins or anything. we are to only know they are in need of help and we should render our help anonymously never revealing who we gave to or what we gave--with one exception if our revealing such will encourage others to give.
That is a good principle that all humans should adopt.

However I would question whether the majority of Muslims donate to non-Muslims charity regularly or even once?

Muslims are encouraged, cajoled and even threatened to give zakat. However there is no provisions to distribute from what is collected via zakat to non-Muslims.
In the Medinian verses, Muhammad threatened Muslims not to hoard but to spend, spend & spend and that is indirectly to contribute to his war efforts.
 
Old 07-22-2015, 05:45 AM
 
352 posts, read 308,187 times
Reputation: 54
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name Of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
However I would question whether the majority of Muslims donate to non-Muslims charity regularly or even once?

Muslims are encouraged, cajoled and even threatened to give zakat. However there is no provisions to distribute from what is collected via zakat to non-Muslims.
In the Medinian verses, Muhammad threatened Muslims not to hoard but to spend, spend & spend and that is indirectly to contribute to his war efforts.

Not so. I know of many, more than one, Muslim organizations that contributes to non-muslims. But, here is just one:

ICNA Relief USA - Home ICNA Relief




Wassalaam. devotee
 
Old 07-22-2015, 06:03 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
From my reading and analysis of the Quran, yes, the ones committing violence and evil are the 'truer' Muslims. They have done nothing wrong against what is stipulated in the immutable Quran from Allah & the expounded Hadiths & Sira.

In accordance to the Quran, the majority of Muslims can be viewed as less truer Muslims because they do not follow the Quran to the 't' and compromise or ignore some critical aspects of the Quran.

The very positive point about the majority is they are progressive human beings who used their higher moral compass to compromise the evil elements in the Quran so as to optimize their necessary & unavoidable eschatological, soteriological, existential and psychological needs.

That is a good principle that all humans should adopt.

However I would question whether the majority of Muslims donate to non-Muslims charity regularly or even once?

Muslims are encouraged, cajoled and even threatened to give zakat. However there is no provisions to distribute from what is collected via zakat to non-Muslims.
In the Medinian verses, Muhammad threatened Muslims not to hoard but to spend, spend & spend and that is indirectly to contribute to his war efforts.
Here in the USA nearly all charities are non-Muslim and the typical American in need is most likely to be non-Muslim.

Virtually all of my donations go to benefit Pine Ridge and Rosebud Reservations

__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
 
Old 07-22-2015, 07:55 AM
 
Location: WV and Eastport, ME
11,175 posts, read 10,995,744 times
Reputation: 7412
This thread appears to have no purpose beyond bashing Muslims and the religion of Islam.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top