U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2015, 03:59 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times

Advertisements

This is a question I have heard several times. Needless to say Mosques do not just pop-up by magic or grow like Mushrooms.

To begin with there is no mysterious Mosque building society that finances Mosques.

Using just personal experience. If you want a Mosque some place, most likely you will pay for it and build it your self.

In areas that have a sizable Muslim Population an "Islamic Society" will sometimes form and the members will pool resources to build a Mosque.

Nearly every Mosque is built for by the local Muslim community or one or 2 families or an individual. If the community has some one or group willing to pay a salary for a full time Imam the community might select someone to be Imam.

Often the Imam will be unpaid and simply be the person who built the Mosque or the oldest person in the community.

There is no organization that approves of Imams or appoints them. Very often a Mosque has no source of income except the wealth of the Imam.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 01:00 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,582,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
This is a question I have heard several times. Needless to say Mosques do not just pop-up by magic or grow like Mushrooms.

To begin with there is no mysterious Mosque building society that finances Mosques.

Using just personal experience. If you want a Mosque some place, most likely you will pay for it and build it your self.
.<snip>
The problem with your blinkered views is you are always posting from some tall-silo in the middle of nowhere, i.e. Using just personal experience.

To be fair to yourself and others, you should at least do some fast checking from google and [beside personal experience] you will note the following;
Funding Mosques Overseas - FactCheck.org

Mar 10, 2011 - Q: Is President Obama using tax dollars to rebuild mosques around the .... "USAID-Financed Restoration of Church and Mosque on Cyprus ...
Danish Mega-Mosque Funded by Iran - Gatestone Institute

Sep 22, 2011 - The mosque is being financed by the Islamic Republic of Iran; critics say that theocrats in Tehran intend to use the mosque to establish a ...
Qatar Financing Wahhabi Islam in France, Italy, Ireland and ...

Feb 9, 2012 - http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2833/qatar-financing-wahhabi-islam- ... The religious orientations of these mosques are heavily influenced by ...
Rise of the Mega-Mosques - Discover the Networks

Aug 3, 2012 - The proposed mega mosque of Marseille, France, for example, would ... The Stockholm mega mosque was financed primarily by Sheikh Zayed ...
QATAR is the main financier of mosques around the world ...

Jul 8, 2014 - Rumors have it that the mosque will be financed by Qatar, which recently donated €800,000 ($1 million) to build a mega-mosque in Cork.
I am sure there are thousands of articles of how Mosques are funded around the world and therefrom the spread of extremist views.

55% of the Quran [more than 1 in every 2 verses] is the bashing of non-Muslims in the most degrading and dehumanizing ways, thus what is oozing [subliminally and explicitly] from many [not all] mosques around the world are tons of negativities within humanity.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The problem with your blinkered views is you are always posting from some tall-silo in the middle of nowhere, i.e. Using just personal experience.

To be fair to yourself and others, you should at least do some fast checking from google and [beside personal experience] you will note the following;
Funding Mosques Overseas - FactCheck.org

Mar 10, 2011 - Q: Is President Obama using tax dollars to rebuild mosques around the .... "USAID-Financed Restoration of Church and Mosque on Cyprus ...
Danish Mega-Mosque Funded by Iran - Gatestone Institute

Feb 9, 2012 - http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2833/qatar-financing-wahhabi-islam- ... The religious orientations of these mosques are heavily influenced by ...
Qatar Financing Wahhabi Islam in France, Italy, Ireland and ...

Rise of the Mega-Mosques - Discover the Networks

Aug 3, 2012 - The proposed mega mosque of Marseille, France, for example, would ... The Stockholm mega mosque was financed primarily by Sheikh Zayed ...
QATAR is the main financier of mosques around the world ...

Jul 8, 2014 - Rumors have it that the mosque will be financed by Qatar, which recently donated €800,000 ($1 million) to build a mega-mosque in Cork.
I am sure there are thousands of articles of how Mosques are funded around the world and therefrom the spread of extremist views.

55% of the Quran [more than 1 in every 2 verses] is the bashing of non-Muslims in the most degrading and dehumanizing ways, thus what is oozing [subliminally and explicitly] from many [not all] mosques around the world are tons of negativities within humanity.

Rumors have it that the mosque will be financed by Qatar

was financed primarily by Sheikh Zayed ...--- an individual--you may want to learn what a Sheikh is, I carry the title of sheikh simply because I am over 60 years old

Feb 9, 2012 - http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2833/qatar-financing-wahhabi-islam- ... The religious orientations of these mosques are heavily influenced by ---what Mosques and where?

Danish Mega-Mosque Funded by Iran - Gatestone Institute-----What mosque? Lots of rumors about who is funding it. Qatar and the Muslim Brotherhood---http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/181923#.VbHotpOmVr4 or is it their mortal enemy Shi'ite Iran that is funding it? ---http://en.europenews.dk/Danish-Mega-Mosque-Funded-by-Iran-79147.html

I use personal experience because that is what I have seen and heard with my own eyes and ears. Not what comes from rumor mills. Lots ot rumors He said-She said etc but is is like finding big foot or the Loch Ness monster actual boogey men are never found--Just claims

Quote:
55% of the Quran [more than 1 in every 2 verses] is the bashing of non-Muslims in the most degrading and dehumanizing ways, thus what is oozing [subliminally and explicitly] from many [not all] mosques around the world are tons of negativities within humanity
You have been able to show a smoke filled room of them. but I have yet to see you produce one verse you can prove bashes non-Muslims. Show and PROVE a single verse bashes non-Muslims.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:50 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,582,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Rumors have it that the mosque will be financed by Qatar

was financed primarily by Sheikh Zayed ...--- an individual--you may want to learn what a Sheikh is, I carry the title of sheikh simply because I am over 60 years old

Feb 9, 2012 - http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/2833/qatar-financing-wahhabi-islam- ... The religious orientations of these mosques are heavily influenced by ---what Mosques and where?

Danish Mega-Mosque Funded by Iran - Gatestone Institute-----What mosque? Lots of rumors about who is funding it. Qatar and the Muslim Brotherhood---http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/181923#.VbHotpOmVr4 or is it their mortal enemy Shi'ite Iran that is funding it? ---http://en.europenews.dk/Danish-Mega-Mosque-Funded-by-Iran-79147.html

I use personal experience because that is what I have seen and heard with my own eyes and ears. Not what comes from rumor mills. Lots ot rumors He said-She said etc but is is like finding big foot or the Loch Ness monster actual boogey men are never found--Just claims
Note the above are merely a sample of probable 1000s of related articles.

In Turkey there are
In line with some counting sources, there are nearly 80,636 mosques in Turkey, and this shows that every mosque accounts for 900 people out of total Turkey’s population.
Every 900 people in 80-million populated Turkey account a mosque - aysor.am - Hot news from Armenia
There are probably other 10,000s of mosques in various Islamic nation. Are you implying the respective governments [Saudi, Iran, Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, Syria, etc] do not have a hand in financing and building these mosques?

Note even European government contribute to build mosques,
The final hurdle regarding the construction of a Mosque in Athens seems to have been overcome, with the necessary funds being allocated. Follow approval of its Public Investment Program, the Ministry of Education will transfer 946,000 euros to the Ministry of Growth for the purposes of the construction.
Ministry allocates funds for Athens mosque -
Quote:
You have been able to show a smoke filled room of them. but I have yet to see you produce one verse you can prove bashes non-Muslims. Show and PROVE a single verse bashes non-Muslims.
It is off topic. As a side note I have always stated it is set of verses and the martial ethos that catalyzed SOME Muslims to commit terrible evils.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note the above are merely a sample of probable 1000s of related articles.

In Turkey there are
In line with some counting sources, there are nearly 80,636 mosques in Turkey, and this shows that every mosque accounts for 900 people out of total Turkey’s population.
Every 900 people in 80-million populated Turkey account a mosque - aysor.am - Hot news from Armenia
There are probably other 10,000s of mosques in various Islamic nation. Are you implying the respective governments [Saudi, Iran, Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, Syria, etc] do not have a hand in financing and building these mosques?

Note even European government contribute to build mosques,
The final hurdle regarding the construction of a Mosque in Athens seems to have been overcome, with the necessary funds being allocated. Follow approval of its Public Investment Program, the Ministry of Education will transfer 946,000 euros to the Ministry of Growth for the purposes of the construction.
Ministry allocates funds for Athens mosque -
It is off topic. As a side note I have always stated it is set of verses and the martial ethos that catalyzed SOME Muslims to commit terrible evils.
In the 49 Islamic nations all houses of worship are built and maintained by the Nation. Including Churches, Synagogues etc.

In the Non-Islamic Nations we are sink or swim and self reliant.

In the case of Greece, they may have an ulterior motive in supporting a Mosque

Quote:
The announcement comes as massively indebted Greece battles a growing recession that has left nearly one million Greeks out of work. Greece recently needed a €110 billion ($146 billion) three-year bail-out package to rescue the embattled economy from bankruptcy.
Officially, Greece has a Muslim population of around 500,000, mostly of Turkish origin. But in recent years, tens of thousands of Muslims have migrated to Greece from Africa, the Maghreb [North Africa], the Middle East and Central and Southeast Asia.
Greece to Build First Official Mega-Mosque in Athens

Greece is in some major financial difficulties and needs to find some construction projects fast

Greeks Wake Up to Open Banks, Huge Tax Hikes

Greeks Riot After Bailout Plan Passed

IMF: Greek Deal Sucks

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or