U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 01:10 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times

Advertisements

And We gave him Isaac and Jacob; each did We guide aright, and Noah did We guide aright aforetime, and of his progeny, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 6:85)

And create not disorder in the earth after it has been set in order, and call upon Him in fear and hope. Surely, the mercy of Allah is nigh unto those who do good. (Al Quran 7:57)

No blame lies on the weak, nor on the sick, nor on those who find naught to spend, if they are sincere to Allah and His Messenger. There is no cause of reproach against those who do good deeds; and Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful. (Al Quran 9:91)

And he who submits himself completely to Allah, and is a doer of good, he has surely grasped a strong handle. And with Allah rests the end of all affairs. (Al Quran 31:23)

They ask thee what they shall spend. Say: ‘Whatever of good and abundant wealth you spend should be for parents and near relatives and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer. And whatever good you do, surely Allah knows it well.’ (Al Quran 2:216)

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 02:32 PM

1,244 posts, read 710,100 times
Woodrow you are very patient. May Allah reward you. This stubborn man is quoting verses related to the punishment of the Hellfire and is trying to make them pass as promotion of violence against people. Just like if I quoted the biblical passages when Jesus is mentioning Hell and tried to interpret them as justification of violence against christians.

"Allah does not guide the wrongdoers."

Old 08-09-2015, 03:02 PM

1,601 posts, read 751,951 times
Let me state the rules again:
" I'll post hateful verses against disbelievers and you post verses of love and peace towards disbelievers."

We should make sure to do (as I am doing) the words that are hateful against dis-believers (which I do) or the words that promote love and peace towards disbelievers.

For example:
"And he who submits himself completely to Allah, and is a doer of good, he has surely grasped a strong handle. And with Allah rests the end of all affairs. (Al Quran 31:23)" ... this is not about disbelievers!

No blame lies on the weak, nor on the sick, nor on those who find naught to spend, if they are sincere to Allah and His Messenger. There is no cause of reproach against those who do good deeds; and Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful. (Al Quran 9:91) ... this is not about disbelievers!

To continue:

2:121 Those to whom We have given the Book recite it with its true recital. They [are the ones who] believe in it. And whoever disbelieves in it - it is they who are the losers.

2:126 And [mention] when Abraham said, "My Lord, make this a secure city and provide its people with fruits - whoever of them believes in Allah and the Last Day." [ Allah ] said. "And whoever disbelieves - I will grant him enjoyment for a little; then I will force him to the punishment of the Fire, and wretched is the destination."

2:159 Indeed, those who conceal what We sent down of clear proofs and guidance after We made it clear for the people in the Scripture - those are cursed by Allah and cursed by those who curse,

2:161-162 Indeed, those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers - upon them will be the curse of Allah and of the angels and the people, all together,Abiding eternally therein. The punishment will not be lightened for them, nor will they be reprieved.

2:165 And [yet], among the people are those who take other than Allah as equals [to Him]. They love them as they [should] love Allah . But those who believe are stronger in love for Allah . And if only they who have wronged would consider [that] when they see the punishment, [they will be certain] that all power belongs to Allah and that Allah is severe in punishment.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:05 PM

"This stubborn man is quoting verses related to the punishment of the Hellfire and is trying to make them pass as promotion of violence against people."

I am posting verses of hatred against those who will not submit to Islam. I said: "I'll post hateful verses against disbelievers" and that is just what I am doing.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Woodrow you are very patient. May Allah reward you. This stubborn man is quoting verses related to the punishment of the Hellfire and is trying to make them pass as promotion of violence against people. Just like if I quoted the biblical passages when Jesus is mentioning Hell and tried to interpret them as justification of violence against christians.

"Allah does not guide the wrongdoers."
wa alaikum Salam wa Ramatullahi wa Baraktuhu (May the Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allaah be upon you)

It has nothing to do with patience. For 65 years of my life I also fought against Islam and presented the very same arguments.

One can not easily see Islam until they have found reason to believe Allaah(swt) exists. While it is impossible to make an unbeliever become a believer addressing the allegations and questions is an excellent reminder as to why I remain Muslim.

I may not be a scholar and am still very much a baby in Islam, the challenge of the questions and allegations give me the incentive to learn more and to partake in defensive Jihad. It gives me an opportunity to serve Allaah(swt)

As frustrating and repetitive it becomes, it is a gift and Blessing from Allaah(swt) that I am grateful for.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:31 PM

I am waiting for 5 more verses. I'll keep the ball rolling:

2:171 The example of those who disbelieve is like that of one who shouts at what hears nothing but calls and cries cattle or sheep - deaf, dumb and blind, so they do not understand.

2:174 -175 Indeed, they who conceal what Allah has sent down of the Book and exchange it for a small price - those consume not into their bellies except the Fire. And Allah will not speak to them on the Day of Resurrection, nor will He purify them. And they will have a painful punishment. Those are the ones who have exchanged guidance for error and forgiveness for punishment. How patient they are in pursuit of the Fire!

2:211 Ask the Children of Israel how many a sign of evidence We have given them. And whoever exchanges the favor of Allah [for disbelief] after it has come to him - then indeed, Allah is severe in penalty.

2:217 - 218 They ask you about the sacred month - about fighting therein. Say, "Fighting therein is great [sin], but averting [people] from the way of Allah and disbelief in Him and [preventing access to] al-Masjid al-Haram and the expulsion of its people therefrom are greater [evil] in the sight of Allah . And fitnah is greater than killing." And they will continue to fight you until they turn you back from your religion if they are able. And whoever of you reverts from his religion [to disbelief] and dies while he is a disbeliever - for those, their deeds have become worthless in this world and the Hereafter, and those are the companions of the Fire, they will abide therein eternally. Indeed, those who have believed and those who have emigrated and fought in the cause of Allah - those expect the mercy of Allah .

2:257 Allah is the ally of those who believe. He brings them out from darknesses into the light. And those who disbelieve - their allies are Taghut. They take them out of the light into darknesses. Those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:55 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,584,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
And We gave him Isaac and Jacob; each did We guide aright, and Noah did We guide aright aforetime, and of his progeny, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward those who do good. (Al Quran 6:85)

And create not disorder in the earth after it has been set in order, and call upon Him in fear and hope. Surely, the mercy of Allah is nigh unto those who do good. (Al Quran 7:57)

No blame lies on the weak, nor on the sick, nor on those who find naught to spend, if they are sincere to Allah and His Messenger. There is no cause of reproach against those who do good deeds; and Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful. (Al Quran 9:91)

And he who submits himself completely to Allah, and is a doer of good, he has surely grasped a strong handle. And with Allah rests the end of all affairs. (Al Quran 31:23)

They ask thee what they shall spend. Say: ‘Whatever of good and abundant wealth you spend should be for parents and near relatives and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer. And whatever good you do, surely Allah knows it well.’ (Al Quran 2:216)
Btw, you need to produce those verses that are 'positive' and not conditioned upon only if one is a Muslim and do good ONLY as a Muslim.
You will NEVER find one such unconditional verse of being good-to-infidels in the Quran.

In contrast note:
Buddhism, Jainism - be compassionate to all sentient beings regardless
Christianity - 'love your enemies'

Note according to the Quran, even if parents [non-Muslims] love their child [a Muslim] unconditionally but if they do not convert to Islam, a Muslim child is supposed to be wary of his/her parent and kins, and treat them as 'enemy' never as 'friend' [allies or intimate friends].
Other verses may say 'be kind to parents' but these are overriden by the above.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:09 AM

Five more verses:

3:10 Those who reject Faith,- neither their possessions nor their (numerous) progeny will avail them aught against Allah: They are themselves but fuel for the Fire.

3:12 Say to those who disbelieve, "You will be overcome and gathered together to Hell, and wretched is the resting place."

3:19 Lo! religion with Allah (is) the Surrender (to His Will and Guidance). Those who (formerly) received the Scripture differed only after knowledge came unto them, through transgression among themselves. Whoso disbelieveth the revelations of Allah (will find that) lo! Allah is swift at reckoning.

3:28 Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah.

3:32 Say, "Obey Allah and the Messenger." But if they turn away - then indeed, Allah does not like the disbelievers.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:25 AM

3:56 "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

3:77 Lo! those who purchase a small gain at the cost of Allah's covenant and their oaths, they have no portion in the Hereafter. Allah will neither speak to them nor look upon them on the Day of Resurrection, nor will He make them grow. Theirs will be a painful doom.

3:85 And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender (to Allah) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

3:86 - 88 How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their belief and (after) they bore witness that the messenger is true and after clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty) had come unto them. And Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk. As for such, their guerdon is that on them rests the curse of Allah and of angels and of men combined. Abiding eternally therein. The punishment will not be lightened for them, nor will they be reprieved.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:40 AM

"And We have not sent you but as a mercy to all the worlds." (Quran 21:107)
this next one is a Hadith, but appropriate as the ahadith are the guides as to how we should practice Islam

"Beware! Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, curtails their rights, burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment." (Abu Dawud)

"We have honored the children of Adam; provided them with transport on land and sea; given them for sustenance things good and pure; and conferred on them special favors, above a great part of Our creation." (Quran 17:70)

"And dispute you not with the People of the Scripture, except in the best way, unless it be with those who do wrong, but say, ‘We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; our God and your God is One; and it is to Him we submit (in Islam).’" (Quran 21:46)

"Do not revile those whom they call upon besides God, lest they revile God out of spite in their ignorance. Thus, We have made alluring to each people its own doings. In the end will they return to their Lord and He shall then tell them the truth of what they did." (Quran 6:108)

"Let there be no compulsion in religion; truth stands clear from error: whoever rejects false gods and believes in God has grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold that never breaks. And God hears and knows all things." (Quran 2:256)

"Indeed, Allah commands you to render trusts to whom they are due, and when you judge between people, to judge with justice. Excellent is that which Allah instructs you. Indeed, Allah is ever Hearing and Seeing." (Quran 4:58)

"…and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just." (Quran 5:8)

"And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of God (the Quran). Then deliver him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who do not know." (Quran 9:6)

"God does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes – from dealing kindly and justly with them. Indeed, God loves those who act justly. God only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion – (forbids) that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers." (Quran 60:8-9)

I am going to be out of pocket shortly and do not expect to be back home until late tomorrow evening at the earliest. There is a possibility I may be gone for a few days.
If you do not see me, I am not ignoring you all. In the words of Gen Douglas MacArthur "I will return"

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or