U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2015, 09:01 PM

281 posts, read 239,013 times

Advertisements

Just give it to me straight

Old 08-13-2015, 09:41 PM

1,601 posts, read 752,279 times
Well, what we know is that Muhammed married a little 6 year old child and started having sex with her when he was 53 years old and she was 9 years old. A 4th grader.

He also had sex with a lot of grown women (many wives and slaves/captive women). But that doesn't mean he was not a pedophile. My opinion is that he was a pedophile, based on my work with abused children, so I am a bit emotional about it after seeing children ripped up. I cannot imagine a 53 year old man wanting to have sex with a 9 year old child and hurting that child. Also, from what I have read Aisha had not even had her first period, but I don't think that matters. She was a child that was too young to give informed consent. I am sure Muhammed raped her. Look at a 9 year old child and try to imagine her giving consent for a 53 year old man to have sex with her. Aisha was swinging with playmates and playing with dolls.

Here is an article that does it's best to say Muhammed was not a pedophile, but gives some good food for thought:
David Wood: Was Muhammad a Pedophile?

Old 08-14-2015, 02:03 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,585,301 times
Re all psychiatric problems with the DSM-V, one will note from various reports they normally represent a small percentile of the population.
For example it is commonly reported about 1% of any large population are psychopaths of various degrees.

Pedophilia is one such psychiatric problem listed in the DSM-V.
It is estimated,
Pedophiles are perhaps 3 percent of the population and at least 90 percent are men. Sexually abusive behavior may be linked to testosterone.
More Characteristics of Sexual Offenders: Pedophiles, Non-Pedophiles, Juveniles | JCCF

Psychiatric problems are due to abnormal wirings in the brain.
Therefore a person will like be a pedophile if s/he has 'pedophiliac' circuits in the brain.
Note the connectivity do comes in degrees.

If a person do NOT have any 'pedophiliac' circuits in the brain, they will not be a pedophile, unless they are forced into it. The non-pedophile will be VERY averse to having sex with children especially when the normal human has a default neural program to care and have empathy for children.

A pedophile will view every child as a sexual object to satisfy their lust rather than as children to be cared for or not to be harmed.

The point is, if one is a prophet of God and proclaimed by God to be an exemplar for all mankind to follow, and if such a person do not have 'pedophiliac' circuits in the brain of any degrees, it is only natural and spontaneous that such a person will NEVER ever think of marrying a small child of 6 and consummate it at 9.

If such a person do not have 'pedophiliac' circuits in the brain, but due to cultural circumstance is recommended a child for marriage, such a prophet will have enough influence to convince others not to go ahead with it.

OP: Was Muhammad a pedophile?
No straight answer for me, but hopefully one can infer from the above.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:27 AM

11,191 posts, read 11,006,323 times
To start a thread with such an inflammatory question while offering no reasons or discussion is nothing more that trolling and does absolutely nothing to further anybody's knowledge of Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or