U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 06:29 AM

417 posts, read 447,822 times

Advertisements

Do you think there is alot of anger in the Muslim world? I feel that there is so much of it and mainly because of duty and obedience and alot of untreated mental illness. People marry one another not out of love but duty. A person is chosen that makes families happy, parents happy and to impress the rest of the community. Everything seems to be done for show. The problem is people are only happy with you for a short amount of time and then you must do more and more to please them. It is neverending. Just because you think you are doing good doesn't mean something good will happen. Sometimes I think when we ignore that small, tiny voice inside that is an inaudible whisper that is actually the universe or something telling us what we should do. Everyone is telling everyone else what to do but ignoring what they need to do. Legislating how people should live in every part of a persons life and trying to please everyone just results in misery, anger, and hopelessness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 08:05 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,274,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffy1 View Post
Do you think there is alot of anger in the Muslim world? I feel that there is so much of it and mainly because of duty and obedience and alot of untreated mental illness. People marry one another not out of love but duty. A person is chosen that makes families happy, parents happy and to impress the rest of the community. Everything seems to be done for show. The problem is people are only happy with you for a short amount of time and then you must do more and more to please them. It is neverending. Just because you think you are doing good doesn't mean something good will happen. Sometimes I think when we ignore that small, tiny voice inside that is an inaudible whisper that is actually the universe or something telling us what we should do. Everyone is telling everyone else what to do but ignoring what they need to do. Legislating how people should live in every part of a persons life and trying to please everyone just results in misery, anger, and hopelessness.
I think if you get to know some of us personalty you will find most of us are very happy.

Yes, there are problems in the Mideast, it is a war zone. Much of it the result of Palestin Iraq, Yemen, Syria and Afghanistan having been devastated by war for quite a few years now. It is a very depressing part of the world, much of it the result of outside actions and not because of the choices of the populace. but only about 10% -20% of the world's Muslims live in the Mideast.

As for Islam being part of every facet of our life, it is, because we do our best to make all things we do a reflection of our love for God(swt) all things are a prayer. How we live is a better indication of our worship, than our formal prayers. Marriage is a free choice, although it is also an obligation our choice of spouse if our own choosing. We are just realistic. A marriage has little chance opf lasting if it is past only upon attachment for each other. We all have expectations and obligations. The agreed upon Nikah addresses these issues and the Nikah is a legal contract that becomes void if either party fails to keep their part of the contract.

As far as "Legislating how people should live" That is a necessry part of every civlicised society. Every Nation has laws that will affect our personal desires. They only pose a problem if we do not desire to live in accordance with them.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 08-20-2015, 10:55 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,581,295 times
Quote:
Do you think there is alot of anger in the Muslim world? I feel that there is so much of it and mainly because of duty and obedience and alot of untreated mental illness.

People marry one another not out of love but duty. A person is chosen that makes families happy, parents happy and to impress the rest of the community. Everything seems to be done for show. The problem is people are only happy with you for a short amount of time and then you must do more and more to please them. It is neverending. Just because you think you are doing good doesn't mean something good will happen.

Sometimes I think when we ignore that small, tiny voice inside that is an inaudible whisper that is actually the universe or something telling us what we should do. Everyone is telling everyone else what to do but ignoring what they need to do. Legislating how people should live in every part of a persons life and trying to please everyone just results in misery, anger, and hopelessness.
Yes there is a lot of anger in the Muslim world as a result of the religion they adopted which trigger their inherent anger emotion.

One [not all] of the main leverage of Islam [as with other Abrahamic religion] is invoking and sustaining the 'us versus them' impulse inherent in humans.
The God of Islam is a VERY angry God whose anger is directed at non-Muslims.
The 'us versus them' is already seeded in the psyche of Muslims in the first chapter
1:6. Show us the Straight Path,
1:7. The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not (the path) of those [Infidels -Kuffar] who earn Thine anger nor of those [Infidels] who astray.
Chapter 1 comprising 7 verses is a sort of prayer that is repeated many times on a daily basis and thus the element of anger is brainwashed subliminally in the minds of Muslims.

There are terrible anger and wrath all over in the verses of the Quran directed at non-Muslims and non-Muslims are condemned like a piece of sh:t in the worst dehumanizing manner.

Now, I am NOT saying all Muslims - while exposed to the above anger - are influenced by the angry messages.
I believe 50% would be indifferent while the other 50% will have built up varying degrees of anger, contempt, enmity, 'hatred' against non-Muslims.

What is critical here is the element of 'varying degrees' [Low to High] of inbuilt anger, 'hatred' animosity against non-Muslims and other Muslims who they think are hypocrites.
There are 1.5 billion Muslims around the world.
If only 20% have a medium level of anger towards non-Muslims and others, that is 300 million Muslims around the world.

This is why one can sense the "distance" and "sternness" when we meet SOME Muslims. The anger of the small percentage of Muslims is very evident. Their anger that is converted to real evils and violence is very real which is very evident at present and the past.

Quote:
I feel that there is so much of it and mainly because of duty and obedience and
alot of untreated mental illness.
Yes it is because of the strict duty and obedience that a Muslims must execute otherwise they are at the risk of going to hell and be tormented eternally.
Mental illness adds to the seriousness of the issue but SOME good people also turned evil when influenced by the anger and evil laden verses in the Quran which they have to comply as a matter of duty.

So, yes, I know there are a lot of very dangerous anger in the Muslims world from SOME [not all] Muslims.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:09 AM

2,371 posts, read 1,500,940 times
I'd also add a possible sneaking suspicion on the part of some, that their religiosity for all its apparent piousness hasn't really served them that well. It's those damn infidels who make things work, who create.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:14 AM

271 posts, read 214,198 times
Quote:
Why do not you come here and see things by yourself? Your return ticket is on my expense !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or