U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 08:31 PM

1,601 posts, read 752,279 times

Advertisements

Allah brags in the Quran over and over about how he controls everything and he's all powerful. So I have to conclude that he either directly caused this, or let this happen and looked on while Muslims died. so, what do Muslims really think about this? They can't eat their cake and have it too, so they have to conclude Allah caused this or sat back and watched this happen. What was his motivation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 01:37 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Allah brags in the Quran over and over about how he controls everything and he's all powerful. So I have to conclude that he either directly caused this, or let this happen and looked on while Muslims died. so, what do Muslims really think about this? They can't eat their cake and have it too, so they have to conclude Allah caused this or sat back and watched this happen. What was his motivation?
That is like saying the Wright Brothers are responsible for 9/11 because they invented the Airplane.

Yes Allaah(swt) created all things and it is through him we have the ability to do as we do just as nature acts in accordance with the laws of physics.

For the most part Allah(swt) does not interfere in the happenings of the physical world. Life was created as a challenge and test, we all face the same risks and we all are subject to the forces of nature.

Just because we are Muslims we do not expect to be exempted from the forces of nature Allah(swt) created or free from the actions of other people. Allaah(swt) does not exist to serve us, we exist to serve Allaah(swt).

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 09-13-2015, 05:43 AM

144 posts, read 107,551 times
Every year during hajj people die because of the crowd or other types of incidents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_during_the_Hajj

Old 09-15-2015, 12:04 AM

2,371 posts, read 1,503,833 times
'Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent. Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?'

Epicurus (c. 341 - c. 270 BC)

Old 09-15-2015, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
'Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then He is not omnipotent. Is He able, but not willing? Then He is malevolent. Is He both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is He neither able nor willing? Then why call Him God?'

Epicurus (c. 341 - c. 270 BC)
Indeed. This Allah, who was invented by Muhammed, was invented to gain absolute power for Muhammed and excuse his evil perversions.

But Muslims really believe in this supernatural thing that created all and controls all. The cannot be objective enough to look at the sorry plight of the Muslims ... the horrible violence of Muslims slaughtering Muslims, the poverty, the terrorism, the illiteracy and backwardness, the parasitism, the perversions and hate. This is the gift 'Allah' gives Muslims. No wonder there has to be promises of a giant orgy after death!

Old 09-15-2015, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Indeed. This Allah, who was invented by Muhammed, was invented to gain absolute power for Muhammed and excuse his evil perversions.

But Muslims really believe in this supernatural thing that created all and controls all. The cannot be objective enough to look at the sorry plight of the Muslims ... the horrible violence of Muslims slaughtering Muslims, the poverty, the terrorism, the illiteracy and backwardness, the parasitism, the perversions and hate. This is the gift 'Allah' gives Muslims. No wonder there has to be promises of a giant orgy after death!

All people Muslims and non-Muslims face the same ranomnous of a physical universe and the probabilities of facing obstacles we can not overcome. But life is to be a learning time and a trial not a ends, but a means.

God(swt) does not exist to serve us, we exist to serveGod(swt) We will all face choices in which we will have strong reason to doubt the existence of God(swt) and it is our responsibility to finr reason we should believe in Him.

We could have been created as the Angels, in heaven with all the blessings we have to strive for and constantly work at staying on the path that leads to them.

It all comes to be a matter of free choice and a willingness to never stop seeking or trying. But unlike the Angels, we have free will and the ability to makes choices.

We do know the more we desire to perorm Islam, the easier God(swt) makes our path.

Old 09-16-2015, 07:26 PM

"All people Muslims and non-Muslims face the same ranomnous of a physical universe and the probabilities of facing obstacles we can not overcome."

"We do know the more we desire to perorm Islam, the easier God(swt) makes our path."

Well, which is it?

So all the Muslims living in horrible poverty or beaten by their husbands or sexually mutilated or raped or slaughtered by other muslims were not doing a good job performing Islam? Are their families ashamed? Do all Muslims in Syria know they are doing a poor job of being Muslims and making allah mad?

It amazes me how allah hates so many of the people he created.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:47 PM

Quote:
"All people Muslims and non-Muslims face the same ranomnous of a physical universe and the probabilities of facing obstacles we can not overcome."

"We do know the more we desire to perorm Islam, the easier God(swt) makes our path."

Well, which is it?

So all the Muslims living in horrible poverty or beaten by their husbands or sexually mutilated or raped or slaughtered by other muslims were not doing a good job performing Islam? Are their families ashamed? Do all Muslims in Syria know they are doing a poor job of being Muslims and making allah mad?

It amazes me how allah hates so many of the people he created.
The easy path is not always pleasant of enjoyable. It is simply the more sabr we have and the more we can tolerate the temporary distractions and pains of life.

We know that life can be difficult and even unfair and very painful. But we know Allaah(swt) will give us what we need to withstand it. We have no need to ask him to remove the hardships as they are very much a part of the physical world.

When I first went into the US military my Basic Training and Combat training where quite cruel, painful and out right Hell. My Tactical Instructors could have pulled me from the suffering if I had simply asked them to, but it would not have benefited me and would have prevented me from reaching my goal of serving proudly in the US Military (USAF)

so it with life, we face the hardships of life and do not ask for relief, we ask for the strength to overcome the aversities and the tempations and to remain on the path to heaven.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:32 AM

1,189 posts, read 802,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazira View Post
Every year during hajj people die because of the crowd or other types of incidents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_during_the_Hajj
Another incident to add to the list

Old 09-24-2015, 07:50 AM

4,609 posts, read 4,114,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
so it with life, we face the hardships of life and do not ask for relief, we ask for the strength to overcome the aversities and the tempations and to remain on the path to heaven.
This reminds me of a quote from a speech by John Kennedy:

“Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

[Quoting Reverend Phillips Brooks, during Remarks at Presidential Prayer Breakfast, February 7 1963]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or