Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 10:02 PM

116 posts, read 87,904 times

Advertisements

I don't see (non-Muslim) Americans speaking out against Drones, against torture, against profiling and entrapment of American-Muslims, against the proxy wars, interventions and invasions that their government commits in their name....

Stop pointing fingers at others and do something about your own faults first.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 01:11 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,150 times
"I don't see (non-Muslim) Americans speaking out against Drones, against torture, against profiling and entrapment of American-Muslims, against the proxy wars, interventions and invasions that their government commits in their name...."

Are you joking? Do you remember, for example, the uproar over Abu Ghraib by Americans? And in America we do not profile Muslims, although we should! And if we did, Muslims would sue. Do you know how many burkas I've seen at airports over the last two weeks? A LOT! And there was no profiling.

Because of Muslim terrorist attacks, Americans have lost huge amounts of our individual rights in the name of safety. Muslims enjoy the protection of the very thing they are out to destroy.

Entrapment? Let me tell you a story. Over the past few years, Muslim gangs in England have been gang raping little girls. And the police COVERED IT UP because of political correctness to protect your stinking Islam.

"1,400 British non-Muslim children were gang-raped and brutalized by Muslims in Rotherham, and "several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so."

UK: City that covered up Muslim rape gangs wants to ban anti-child rape protests

Does this sound like entrapment? And the same crap is happening in the USA. Muslims are handled with kid gloves.

You are simply proving my point.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:12 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Just saw this thread. I worked at the old WTC for 20 years and survived both the '93 and '01 attacks.

You must not have been anywhere near New York City around 9/11/01. Many Muslim groups spoke out against the attacks, as did many individuals.

In addition to those who died, my Muslim coworkers ran out of those buildings alongside the rest of us and then were subjected to suspicion and questioning because they worked in the WTC. One of them went the night of 9/11 with a few of his friends to confront members of the Palestinian community in a city in NJ who were celebrating the attacks. The police asked them to leave because they were trying to contain the celebration and keep it from becoming public knowledge lest angry Americans from the suburbs of that city come in and start a bloodbath. This man's faith was shaken for quite a time afterward and he did not observe his religion and was smoking and drinking and generally gave up on his beliefs. He talked to me about it one day on the train. As time went on, he was able to return to Islam, and he married and had children and seems settled and observant again.

Another Muslim, an engineer from Pakistan, traveled down from the 80s in One with the rest of his office. At one point they were blocked by fire, and amazingly, the fire hose in that area was functional. He held the hose on the fire until his colleagues had all passed safely, and then he joined them.

A Muslim my office did business with frantically tried to reach us to see if we were OK. Meanwhile, we were worried about HIM, but he assured us that his non-Muslim neighbors had reached out and let him know that they had his back should anyone give him trouble.

Muslims also worked on the recovery and cleanup and on the rebuilding effort.

FYI, I am Christian.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:59 PM

"You must not have been anywhere near New York City around 9/11/01. Many Muslim groups spoke out against the attacks, as did many individuals."

Muslims all over the world celebrated, including in NYC. Here's someone who says it well:
"The 9/11 attacks were not committed by ghosts or the invisible man. They were not perpetrated by Fijians or Samoans or the North Dakota Coven of Sexy Wiccans. And those same groups didn’t celebrate the attacks. Nope, it was one group, with 1.8 billion adherents worldwide that did both the mass murder and the celebrating afterword. If you won’t admit that, you aren’t remembering a thing. You’re in fantasyland (and not the kind with the 72 Helen Thomases). Yup, that same religion that isn’t protesting in the streets against ISIS the way they do when they daily rounded up 10,000 Muslims to march in support of HAMAS and Hezbollah in Detroit and Dearbornistan.

Nearly 3,000 innocent people targeted and murdered in cold blood because they were Americans. People like my cousin, Jon Schlissel, who heroically went back to his office to save someone who needed help getting out. The Muslims who died that day were collateral damage and not the target of the Muslims who perpetrated the attacks. Clearly, their deaths meant nothing to their fellow Muslims around the world, who cheered the attacks, passed out candy, danced in the streets, and let out their stupid hyena-like, “lalalalalalahs.” The deaths of these Muslims are important to them and the mainstream media only for politically correct public relations purposes." - Debbie Schlussel

Nowhere did Muslims denounce the Quran, which incites horrible violence and hate towards non-Muslims. What Muslims did do was flood the internet with garbage accusations that 9-11 was a set up by the US government , not Muslims. They did all they could to turn 9-11 into an attack against our government and spewed endlessly that Muslims were the victims and being targeted by islamophobia. Muslims turned 9-11 into a publicity stunt for Muslims.

Again, 13 years later I was reading posts on social media and forums like this one. No Muslims were speaking out as Americans against the terrorism on 9-11. I did see continued conspiracy trash spewed against the US government where Muslims insist that no Muslims were involved in 9-11.

FYI, I worked at the WFC.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:52 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,645,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Just saw this thread. I worked at the old WTC for 20 years and survived both the '93 and '01 attacks.

You must not have been anywhere near New York City around 9/11/01. Many Muslim groups spoke out against the attacks, as did many individuals.
"Many Muslims" ?? what is their percentage to the 1.5 billion Muslims around the world?

SOME Muslims have no hesitation doing a 911 and sacrificing some Muslims lives. To them these Muslims are martyred as prescribed in the Quran. They are fated to die upon their appointed term and will be rewarded in paradise. The infidels meanwhile will be burnt in eternal hell fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-9JpRytCx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BtQgTGOI4

Old 09-21-2015, 08:15 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Just saying the first video was Uploaded on Apr 12, 2008 The second was Uploaded on Nov 6, 2009

are we certain these have anything to do with 9/11?

Old 09-21-2015, 08:35 PM

"Just saying the first video was Uploaded on Apr 12, 2008 The second was Uploaded on Nov 6, 2009"

Uploaded just means that was when that video was put on YouTube. I've seen MANY cases where Muslims gang up and complain en masse about a post or video they don't like to get it removed, so it could be that it happened in this case and the video had to be reuploaded many times.

Anyways, here's a link to a major news story:
Palestinian Officials Quash Pictures of Arab Celebrations | Fox News
And if that is not enough:
snopes.com: Palestinians Dancing in the Street

Old 09-22-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
"Many Muslims" ?? what is their percentage to the 1.5 billion Muslims around the world?

SOME Muslims have no hesitation doing a 911 and sacrificing some Muslims lives. To them these Muslims are martyred as prescribed in the Quran. They are fated to die upon their appointed term and will be rewarded in paradise. The infidels meanwhile will be burnt in eternal hell fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-9JpRytCx0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5BtQgTGOI4
What do percentages of Muslims worldwide have to do with American Muslims speaking out against the 9/11 terrorism? The claim being made was that NO American Muslims said anything against the terrorism, and that's a untrue. I gave examples of individuals I know. A simple search on a site such as the NY Times would give you more.

Lumping all of a group into one hateful blob goes nowhere. Isn't that exactly what the people in your videos are doing?

Old 09-22-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"You must not have been anywhere near New York City around 9/11/01. Many Muslim groups spoke out against the attacks, as did many individuals."

Muslims all over the world celebrated, including in NYC. Here's someone who says it well:
"The 9/11 attacks were not committed by ghosts or the invisible man. They were not perpetrated by Fijians or Samoans or the North Dakota Coven of Sexy Wiccans. And those same groups didn’t celebrate the attacks. Nope, it was one group, with 1.8 billion adherents worldwide that did both the mass murder and the celebrating afterword. If you won’t admit that, you aren’t remembering a thing. You’re in fantasyland (and not the kind with the 72 Helen Thomases). Yup, that same religion that isn’t protesting in the streets against ISIS the way they do when they daily rounded up 10,000 Muslims to march in support of HAMAS and Hezbollah in Detroit and Dearbornistan.

Nearly 3,000 innocent people targeted and murdered in cold blood because they were Americans. People like my cousin, Jon Schlissel, who heroically went back to his office to save someone who needed help getting out. The Muslims who died that day were collateral damage and not the target of the Muslims who perpetrated the attacks. Clearly, their deaths meant nothing to their fellow Muslims around the world, who cheered the attacks, passed out candy, danced in the streets, and let out their stupid hyena-like, “lalalalalalahs.” The deaths of these Muslims are important to them and the mainstream media only for politically correct public relations purposes." - Debbie Schlussel

Nowhere did Muslims denounce the Quran, which incites horrible violence and hate towards non-Muslims. What Muslims did do was flood the internet with garbage accusations that 9-11 was a set up by the US government , not Muslims. They did all they could to turn 9-11 into an attack against our government and spewed endlessly that Muslims were the victims and being targeted by islamophobia. Muslims turned 9-11 into a publicity stunt for Muslims.

Again, 13 years later I was reading posts on social media and forums like this one. No Muslims were speaking out as Americans against the terrorism on 9-11. I did see continued conspiracy trash spewed against the US government where Muslims insist that no Muslims were involved in 9-11.

FYI, I worked at the WFC.
Listen, I was responding to the statements in YOUR OP. If you worked at the WFC and read or watched even a cursory amount of news in the city at that time, you know Muslims decried the attacks.

Now you're veering into a different topic.

Yes, I've seen the stupid conspiracy stuff. Used to argue with them, gave up. But I've met far more non-Muslim Americans who grabbed onto that than I did Muslim Americans, probably because there simply are more non-Muslim Americans to begin with. I do believe many foreign Muslims buy the conspiracy theory that the US did it themselves. Others know differently, of course, especially if they have terrorist leanings themselves and think the 19 did a great thing.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:02 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

In addition to those who died, my Muslim coworkers ran out of those buildings alongside the rest of us and then were subjected to suspicion and questioning because they worked in the WTC. One of them went the night of 9/11 with a few of his friends to confront members of the Palestinian community in a city in NJ who were celebrating the attacks. The police asked them to leave because they were trying to contain the celebration and keep it from becoming public knowledge lest angry Americans from the suburbs of that city come in and start a bloodbath. This man's faith was shaken for quite a time afterward and he did not observe his religion and was smoking and drinking and generally gave up on his beliefs. He talked to me about it one day on the train. As time went on, he was able to return to Islam, and he married and had children and seems settled and observant again.

Another Muslim, an engineer from Pakistan, traveled down from the 80s in One with the rest of his office. At one point they were blocked by fire, and amazingly, the fire hose in that area was functional. He held the hose on the fire until his colleagues had all passed safely, and then he joined them.

A Muslim my office did business with frantically tried to reach us to see if we were OK. Meanwhile, we were worried about HIM, but he assured us that his non-Muslim neighbors had reached out and let him know that they had his back should anyone give him trouble.

Muslims also worked on the recovery and cleanup and on the rebuilding effort.

FYI, I am Christian.

Thank you for this wonderful post.

A year after 9/11, we were in a shopping mall in Boston with my brother-in-law who was doing a medical research at Harvard.

All of sudden we heard sounds of a small panic from a side. We rushed there to see a man on the floor, full of sweat and unconscious.

My brother-in-law immediately introduced himself as a doctor and checked the patient to start the CPR. He did whatever he had to do to stabilize the man. The 911 medical unit arrived after about 20 minutes and the patient had gone better and stable by then.

Here, we knew the protocols. My brother-in-law now had to stay with the patient until another physician at the hospital would take over. So we put aside our shopping plan, and went to the hospital, and waited 3 hours before another doctor was available to take over.

No media reported that a non-American, Muslim doctor saved the life of what looked like a full blown white American Christian. And neither did we want any media coverage or praise in return.

Right after 9/11, our neighbors (all Christians) visited our home and provided us assurance that we are protected and they will stand up to protect us from any hate crimes.

One of Jewish neighbor at our old residence would send her kids to my home to play with our kids for hours.

The point is, in our daily lives, people are people. And we care and help each other regardless of our faith or ethnicity.

There are a few bad apples in every faith and in every race and in every ethnicity who will spread hate and misconceptions by lies (just like we have a couple here), but generally people are caring towards each other regardless of the faith.

And for the tragic incident of 9/11 itself, it's my faith that whoever is behind it (whether Muslim or not) WILL be held accountable in the court of God. There is absolutely no doubt in it.

Quran has promised this in chapter 99: verses 07-08.

"So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it,

"And whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it."

Note that it says "whoever", which means it's not addressed to Muslims only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam