U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 03:39 PM

1,601 posts, read 752,279 times

Advertisements

"If you worked at the WFC and read or watched even a cursory amount of news in the city at that time, you know Muslims decried the attacks."

That is not at all what I saw. But this is not what my OP addressed!

THIS is my OP:

I was bouncing around on a lot of different forums on 9/11. Many Americans were talking about what happened 14 years ago. Mostly they talked about the heroic acts of other Americans. they also spoke about the horror of that day. The innocent lives lost. One thing I didn't see was Muslims speaking out against the terrorism on 9/11. No Muslim spoke against what happened. Why not? Muslims always tell us that they're against terrorism. But I didn't see any Muslim speaking out on 9/11. there should have been a massive outcry by Muslims. But, nothing. and I'm talking about Muslims who live in this country, American Muslims.

If Muslims are so against what happened on 9-11, why were there no posts on discussion forums and social media against the attacks on 9-11?

I went to about 45 different sites, all of which had plenty of Muslims posting. Not one Muslim spoke out. MANY non-Muslim Americans were speaking out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 04:13 PM

56,107 posts, read 54,597,263 times
Lol, OK, I missed that you meant THIS year.

I don't know. Only Muslims can tell you that.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:49 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,289,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"If you worked at the WFC and read or watched even a cursory amount of news in the city at that time, you know Muslims decried the attacks."

That is not at all what I saw. But this is not what my OP addressed!

THIS is my OP:

I was bouncing around on a lot of different forums on 9/11. Many Americans were talking about what happened 14 years ago. Mostly they talked about the heroic acts of other Americans. they also spoke about the horror of that day. The innocent lives lost. One thing I didn't see was Muslims speaking out against the terrorism on 9/11. No Muslim spoke against what happened. Why not? Muslims always tell us that they're against terrorism. But I didn't see any Muslim speaking out on 9/11. there should have been a massive outcry by Muslims. But, nothing. and I'm talking about Muslims who live in this country, American Muslims.

If Muslims are so against what happened on 9-11, why were there no posts on discussion forums and social media against the attacks on 9-11?

I went to about 45 different sites, all of which had plenty of Muslims posting. Not one Muslim spoke out. MANY non-Muslim Americans were speaking out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Lol, OK, I missed that you meant THIS year.

I don't know. Only Muslims can tell you that.
It is a catch 22 situation. What the non-Muslims seem to want us to do is ascribe blame for 9/11 to Islam. When we do speak out against 9/11 and state the 19 do not represent Islam, we will get lambasted and called everything short of being lieing devels. We can not make it clear that we do not accept what happened, but we are not going to blame it on Islam.

Even this post is going to invoke a response like: "Muslims will not speak out against acts by Muslims, even Woodrow will not acknowledge 9/11 was an evil act."

The Muslim haters do not want to hear us decry evil acts, they want us to say they are the fault of Islam and the Teachings of the Qur'an.

It has been a catch 22 for us, as such we find our self boxed into the posistion of condemning the acts as an American and not let it be known to non-Muslims we are Muslim.

I am not going to debate the issue, but will simply state the haters of Islam have made it nearly impossible for a Muslim to denounce terrorism by Muslims as we will find our words twisted to mean we believe Islam is evil.

We can not even mourn the Muslim dead that were murdered in the cowardly act of 9/11 without the Muslim haters accusing us of playing the victim card.

It has become a baited trap for a Muslim to try to address comments like "If Muslims are so against what happened on 9-11, why were there no posts on discussion forums and social media against the attacks on 9-11? "

It is like demanding a yes or no answer but asking "Do you still support Muslim terrorists?"

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 09-25-2015, 06:26 PM

1,601 posts, read 752,279 times
"What the non-Muslims seem to want us to do is ascribe blame for 9/11 to Islam. "

Hardly. The ones who do, like me, are in the minority.
This is what our last two presidents said:

"September 20, 2001

I also want to speak tonight directly to Muslims throughout the world. We respect your faith. It's practiced freely by many millions of Americans, and by millions more in countries that America counts as friends. Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah. The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them."
GW Bush, days after 9-11

#1 “The future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam”

#2 “The sweetest sound I know is the Muslim call to prayer”

#3 “We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world — including in my own country.”

#4 “As a student of history, I also know civilization’s debt to Islam.”

#5 “Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance.”

#6 “Islam has always been part of America”

All from Obama and there are many more.

Mainstream media and our politicians and the liberals suck up to Islam even during Islamic terrorist attacks. The most recent example of the pandering to Muslims is the publicity of the Muslim boy who brought a hoax clock to school. This kid was made a hero and when the facts came out, the media went silent. He even got an invite to the White House, offers of a scholarship and internships, piles of gifts!! No non-Muslim has been treated so well, and this kid was a complete fraud!

After the attempted slaughter over the cartoon of Muhammed, the media refused to show the winning cartoon in deference to Islam!!

Every day I see multitudes of non-Muslims trying to protect Muslims. If people like me who have researched and tell the truth about Islam, or speak out too much against Islam we are warned or banned from discussion forums.

Do not make such an untrue statement again. Yes, some non-Muslims are getting very fed up with Islam, and rightfully so. But the vast majority are still welcoming Muslims and extending a hand of friendship and defending Muslims.

And, as a person of justice and principle, I can tell you that all your rationalizations would not matter to a Muslim who was truly horrified and sickened by 9-11. What others think would not matter one bit to them. But I saw no Muslim like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam