U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 04:18 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
The Muslims in other places of the world would probably be killed for participating in a video that included these American Muslims that refuse to follow the same rules. Yes, that is speculation on my part, but what do you think would happen to them?
there are 49 Muslim Majority Nations. about 60% of the World's Muslims live in 5 nations 4 of which are Muslim Majority(Indonesia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nigeria) and one of which (India) Muslims are a very small Minority but have the third lagest number of Muslims in the world.

Looking at videos from those 5 nations can show that most Muslims do not fit the stereotypical beliefs While Islam is very strict, much is left up to personal responsibility. In the larger Muslim Nations a person will free to follow their own conscience even if it goes against Islam

Indonesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4EF...M&spfreload=10

American Country Western Music has become very popular in Indonesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkuM...8&spfreload=10

Bangladesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYIdaN7VJJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH7q_9VHNzE

Pakistan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DJesfCpIXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLXiy-YE8v0

Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzcvvncXBRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBRVs2dkrno

India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQq9pGWfj34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKxU4_DDxu4

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 10-28-2015 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: Spelling correction made. Hit the K instead of L in Looking

Old 10-28-2015, 04:50 PM

21,367 posts, read 24,115,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Not pre-Islam, but also not related to Islam - the Northern Crusades sound like they would have been pretty horrific to live through...
The First Crusades were an attack on Muslims nearly 500 years after the introduction of Islam. These Christians not only slaughters Muslims, they slaughters other Christians who were not like them and Jews.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:44 PM

13,358 posts, read 7,027,058 times
"I'm Muslim but [blah blah blah]."

Great! But you still belong in a Muslim country, since Islam does not belong here (or anywhere that odious religion hasn't already infested, for that matter).

Old 10-28-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
"I'm Muslim but [blah blah blah]."

Great! But you still belong in a Muslim country, since Islam does not belong here (or anywhere that odious religion hasn't already infested, for that matter).
And the U.S. is what national religion for you to state so?

Old 10-28-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
And the U.S. is what national religion for you to state so?
What has that got to to with anything? Our ability to restrict immigrants on the basis of things like nationality was unquestioned prior to 1965. That is the same sort of standard we should have today. The Islamic problem isn't as bad here as it is in Europe, though, but that doesn't mean it's insignificant. Allowing massive Muslim immigration is tantamount to a betrayal of future generations, who will have to deal with the actual consequences of such a disastrous and treasonous policy.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
What has that got to to with anything? Our ability to restrict immigrants on the basis of things like nationality was unquestioned prior to 1965. That is the same sort of standard we should have today. The Islamic problem isn't as bad here as it is in Europe, though, but that doesn't mean it's insignificant. Allowing massive Muslim immigration is tantamount to a betrayal of future generations, who will have to deal with the actual consequences of such a disastrous and treasonous policy.
Following Islam is not a nationality. Europe caused its own problem nearly a century ago and it had nothing to do with immigration. But that is another topic for another forum.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Following Islam is not a nationality.
Never said it was. But immigration should be restricted for various reasons, including religion, and there is plenty of reason and precedent to do so.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:20 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,286,660 times
Quote:
Many American Muslims were born here. My ancestors came here in 1895. My wife's ancestors (Northern Cheyenne) were here long before Columbus. Her family views all Europeans as illegal immigrants

Many Muslims came here as slaves beginning in the colonial era and are among the earliest non-indigenous people to arrive in America.

There were Muslims here before the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock in 1620.

Quote:
No matter how anxious people may be about Islam, the notion of a Muslim invasion of this majority Christian country has no basis in fact. Moreover, there is an inconvenient footnote to the assertion that Islam is anti-American: Muslims arrived here before the founding of the United States ó not just a few, but thousands.

They have been largely overlooked because they were not free to practice their faith. They were not free themselves and so they were for the most part unable to leave records of their beliefs. They left just enough to confirm that Islam in America is not an immigrant religion lately making itself known, but a tradition with deep roots here, despite being among the most suppressed in the nationís history.

In 1528, a Moroccan slave called Estevanico was shipwrecked along with a band of Spanish explorers near the future city of Galveston, Tex. The city of Azemmour, in which he was raised, had been a Muslim stronghold against European invasion until it fell during his youth. While given a Christian name after his enslavement, he eventually escaped his Christian captors and set off on his own through much of the Southwest.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/09/op...lims.html?_r=0
Unless you are Native American, your ancestors were invading immigrants no different from the Muslim immigrants of today.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 10-28-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There were Muslims here before the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock in 1620.
Muslims had virtually nothing to do with the founding of the USA. And the very small number that have historically been here do not justify bringing them into the country in any proportion similar to what we see in Europe today, or even here in the US today. That's the very relevant political issue of the day. But fine, let's for the sake of simplicity Muslims are (or have been) 1% of the US population. Immigration laws should at the minimum be structured so that this proportion is kept the same. Changes in this proportion will simply cause conflict in many ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Unless you are Native American, your ancestors were invading immigrants no different from the Muslim immigrants of today.
In a way, I don't disagree. And being Slavic, I also don't see myself as a part of this country's predominant Northwestern European heritage. So my family were "invaders" - but human history is full of population displacements and tribal conflicts. And I certainly don't see such matters as things of the past but as present realities. So one must consider one's own interests first before anyone else's. You would do that on a collective level just as you would on an individual one with your personal interests.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:12 PM

18,678 posts, read 23,258,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Well while you at it, can you bring Christianity to the year 2015......helps balancing out Christians and Islam today. Like Saudi Arabia and Jordan.......

Where are these places? One has to remember, just because people claim to be Christian doesn't mean they have given up their voodoo ways, let alone their past religion. Plus, people who are ONLY introduced to the OT tend to believe strange things, this is not the fault of Christians. Does Jesus call for the killing of non-Christians?

I think the moral to the story; some of us read for information and learning, others follow what they have not read. ISIS does much worse to their females, much worse. Wonder how many have read the Quran and are following Muhammad or military leaders.

There is a part you missed; The context of this verse is that two angels had visited Lot in Sodom in an effort to get him to leave the city since it was about to be destroyed. The two angels appeared in the form of men. Meanwhile, many of the men of the city, who were homosexual, wanted to have relations with the two men, not knowing they were really angels. Lot offered his daughters to the crowd of people instead. The crowd refused the daughters and began to forcibly enter Lot's home in order to abduct the two men/angels so that they could molest them sexually. The angels then blinded the people in the crowd, and the crowd dispersed.

I am sure this wasn't your intention to leave it out or possibly you never learned this.

Never learned it? No. I may have learned it from a different Christian perspective that yours, but I am familiar with it.

According to the Biblical account, the angels punished the crowds - but did not punish Lott.
So, when God could have taken a stance on using young women in order to stave off angry crowds - He, through His angels, decided to say nothing.

Most people reading this for the first time would agree that this is wrong. It would be shocking and disturbing to them.

The crowd was not a "homosexual crowd" - it was a crowd of people who's custom was to rape men as a part of humiliating the vanquished. It was not a sexual act - it was an act of violence and brutality.

Women were nothing in ancient times. Raping one - or two - would not prove power or defeat.

I do not want to digress, but there is a lot of violence in the bible. Violence, depravity, metaphor that can be confusing and easily misconstrued.

Jesus told us to "hate our mothers and fathers" and follow him. - if some read that in the Koran, they would say "see? Those Muslims follow a cult leader.

The Bible and the Koran both contain some disturbing passages and accounts. As a practicing Christian, I prefer to deconstruct, study and critique my own holy book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or