U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 06:05 AM

13,362 posts, read 7,036,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I don't favor genocide. I favor payback. Islam is not the problem. The Imams who mistranslate it for their own agenda is.
Payback, huh? Deliberate demographic replacement is genocide according to UN standards. Just like China's actions in Tibet amount to genocide.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:06 AM

10,829 posts, read 4,168,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Seems to be a thing these days.

"I'm not a.... but... " or:

" I am a.... but I don't... "(implied)
Nothing like having your cake and eating it, too.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:11 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,299,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I don't favor genocide. I favor payback. Islam is not the problem. The Imams who mistranslate it for their own agenda is.
Sadly, I agree with you there.

As we have no central leadership many, too many, of us make the mistake of thinking an Imam is to be followed.

there is no criteria to be an Imam. for the most part an Imam is self appointed. I am very often the Imam when I attend a Mosque, simply because I am almost always the oldest person present. I also carry the title of Sheik, again only because I am older then the hills (well some hills, I was born 5 years before Paricutin popped up in Mexico)

Having no ordained clergy does have the drawback in that anyone can appoint themself as an Imam. The responsibility always falls back on the individual, we are not to pray behind an Imam who has less Islamic knowledge than we have. We are not to accept any living person as the final religious authority, we are not to follow any fatwah unless we our self have verified it to be true.

But like all people many of us are sheeple and will follow any idiot that calls himself Imam

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 10-29-2015, 06:38 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,672,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Never learned it? No. I may have learned it from a different Christian perspective that yours, but I am familiar with it.

According to the Biblical account, the angels punished the crowds - but did not punish Lott.
So, when God could have taken a stance on using young women in order to stave off angry crowds - He, through His angels, decided to say nothing.

Most people reading this for the first time would agree that this is wrong. It would be shocking and disturbing to them.

The crowd was not a "homosexual crowd" - it was a crowd of people who's custom was to rape men as a part of humiliating the vanquished. It was not a sexual act - it was an act of violence and brutality.

Women were nothing in ancient times. Raping one - or two - would not prove power or defeat.

I do not want to digress, but there is a lot of violence in the bible. Violence, depravity, metaphor that can be confusing and easily misconstrued.

Jesus told us to "hate our mothers and fathers" and follow him. - if some read that in the Koran, they would say "see? Those Muslims follow a cult leader.

The Bible and the Koran both contain some disturbing passages and accounts. As a practicing Christian, I prefer to deconstruct, study and critique my own holy book.
I actually couldn't agree more......but I also know the OT is why the NT was created. I do believe some mothers and fathers lead their children into hating them.....after all, our beliefs drive everyone of us. I would think this statement "hate our mothers and fathers" is obvious some parents would hate for their children to follow Jesus.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:40 AM

21,376 posts, read 24,142,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Payback, huh? Deliberate demographic replacement is genocide according to UN standards. Just like China's actions in Tibet amount to genocide.
IMPOV Britain deserves the biggest payback for all the damage they did over the past century. But as long as they do backdoor payoffs and shell out Billions, Muslims may be a thorn but not a thorn bush. As to the UN, the building in NYC should be bulldozed and the UN should be based in another country. The UN has no standards that it follows equally no matter the country.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:10 AM

3,626 posts, read 1,565,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
there are 49 Muslim Majority Nations. about 60% of the World's Muslims live in 5 nations 4 of which are Muslim Majority(Indonesia, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nigeria) and one of which (India) Muslims are a very small Minority but have the third lagest number of Muslims in the world.

Looking at videos from those 5 nations can show that most Muslims do not fit the stereotypical beliefs While Islam is very strict, much is left up to personal responsibility. In the larger Muslim Nations a person will free to follow their own conscience even if it goes against Islam

Indonesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4EF...M&spfreload=10

American Country Western Music has become very popular in Indonesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkuM...8&spfreload=10

Bangladesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYIdaN7VJJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH7q_9VHNzE

Pakistan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DJesfCpIXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLXiy-YE8v0

Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzcvvncXBRw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBRVs2dkrno

India

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQq9pGWfj34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKxU4_DDxu4
To represent India you could have chosen AR Rahman or Abdul Kalam or the number of other music legends . Shabana Azmi is a poor example and a politician.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:04 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,299,862 times
Quote:
"I'm Muslim but [blah blah blah]."

Great! But you still belong in a Muslim country, since Islam does not belong here (or anywhere that odious religion hasn't already infested, for that matter).
That is one opinion but it is not shared by all Americans.

Here is another view about Muslims in America

Quote:
Since the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001 there have been a number of scholarly studies on terrorism. These studies differ greatly from the social construction of the terrorist threat created by the media and politicians. The highly sensationalized and highly selective reporting on terrorism has irresponsibly raised levels of fear and incited discriminatory rhetoric targeting the American Muslim community.

Of course, research on terrorism is difficult. But scholarly research on the topic is very useful in providing real knowledge about terrorism and a basis for a realistic awareness by the public. This research is especially useful in discerning trends. A major problem with existing datasets on terrorism is that many right-wing terrorists involved in terrorist incidents are not prosecuted under existing terrorism statutes. As a result government databases are inherently biased and seriously underestimate the threat of domestic right-wing terrorism while exaggerating the threat of jihadist inspired terrorism (Schlatter, 2013).

Nonetheless, even using biased and flawed law enforcement data sets there are some clear conclusions which can be reached. First, the most significant efforts to control jihadist terrorist incidents have emanated from the American Muslim community. Second, the threat of “homegrown” jihadist terrorists is significantly smaller than the threat of right-wing domestic terrorism. The FBI’s own research demonstrates that terror from the right is the most dangerous and prolific threat to the safety of American citizens (Schlatter, 2013).

It is our intention to highlight, summarize and discuss every credible study of terrorism on American soil conducted since 9/11 and in doing so to confront the sensationalism of the media; the pandering to fear by politicians; and the xenophobic reactions to the American Muslim community.

Terrorism, Extremism and Xenophobia - Uprooting Criminology : A Reasoned Plot

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 10-29-2015, 10:51 AM

22,580 posts, read 10,443,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Sixteen pages in and not one person has given me any reason why I should be anything other than adamantly opposed to increased Islamic immigration in to our nation and culture.
Perhaps almost no one is trying to convince you of that.

I know Muslims here in America who are fine people. I'd vouch for their character anytime. But that doesn't mean that -- under the present circumstances -- that I approve of increased Islamic immigration to America. Really, those are two separate issues.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:53 AM

22,580 posts, read 10,443,524 times
Quote:
So you favor the genocide of Europeans as retribution for the past. I see no point, then, in having this discussion with you. At least you implicitly admit that Islam is no friendly force. Since I am no traitor to my people, it follows that I completely oppose Islam.
You're just full of hyperbole. Traitor, treason. Tone it down a notch and people might be more impressed with what you trying to impart.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:58 AM

13,749 posts, read 9,862,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
show me the ayyat in the Qur'an where it says that.
TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Taqiyya and Lying

From the Hadith:
Bukhari (52:269) - "The Prophet said, 'War is deceit.'" The context of this is thought to be the murder of Usayr ibn Zarim and his thirty unarmed men by Muhammad's men after he "guaranteed" them safe passage (see Additional Notes below).

Bukhari (49:857) - "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar." Lying is permitted when the end justifies the means.

Bukhari (84:64-65) - Speaking from a position of power at the time, Ali confirms that lying is permissible in order to deceive an "enemy."

Muslim (32:6303) - "...he did not hear that exemption was granted in anything what the people speak as lie but in three cases: in battle, for bringing reconciliation amongst persons and the narration of the words of the husband to his wife, and the narration of the words of a wife to her husband (in a twisted form in order to bring reconciliation between them)."

Bukhari (50:369) - Recounts the murder of a poet, Ka'b bin al-Ashraf, at Muhammad's insistence. The men who volunteered for the assassination used dishonesty to gain Ka'b's trust, pretending that they had turned against Muhammad. This drew the victim out of his fortress, whereupon he was brutally slaughtered despite putting up a ferocious struggle for his life.

From Islamic Law:

Reliance of the Traveler (p. 746 - 8.2) - "Speaking is a means to achieve objectives. If a praiseworthy aim is attainable through both telling the truth and lying, it is unlawful to accomplish through lying because there is no need for it. When it is possible to achieve such an aim by lying but not by telling the truth, it is permissible to lie if attaining the goal is permissible (N:i.e. when the purpose of lying is to circumvent someone who is preventing one from doing something permissible), and obligatory to lie if the goal is obligatory... it is religiously precautionary in all cases to employ words that give a misleading impression...

One should compare the bad consequences entailed by lying to those entailed by telling the truth, and if the consequences of telling the truth are more damaging, one is entitled to lie.
- - - -

Since ISLAM is at war with all other religions / peoples / governments, Muslims can LIE to Kafirs without violating their religious tenets.

Last edited by jetgraphics; 10-29-2015 at 11:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or