Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 11:02 AM

19,012 posts, read 14,191,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Also sharia is to never be forced upon non-Muslims.
NEVER BE FORCED?

From Jihad in Islam by Sayyeed Abdul A'la Maududi, one of the most prolific and most widely read and influential Islamic writers of the 20th Century:
“The goal of Islam is to rule the entire world and submit all of mankind to the faith of Islam. Any nation or power that gets in the way of that goal, Islam will fight and destroy.”
FROM THE SAYINGS OF MUHAMMAD:
• -- Muhammad said to the Jews: "If you embrace Islam, you will be safe. You should know that the earth belongs to Allah and His Apostle, and I want to expel you from this land. “
• -- Allah's Apostle said, "You (i.e. Muslims) will fight with the Jews till some of them will hide behind stones. The stones will (betray them) saying, 'O 'Abdullah (i.e. slave of Allah)! There is a Jew hiding behind me; so kill him.' "
• -- Mohammed said, "I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and whoever says, " None has the right to be worshipped but Allah , his life and property will be saved by me." (otherwise it will not).
• -- Mohammed said, "Whoever changes his Islamic religion, kill him."
• -- Mohammed said, " No Muslim should be killed for killing a Kafir" (infidel).
• -- Muhammad said: "Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war, …"
Ayatollah Khomeini, the most important Moslem leader of the 20th Century, said:
"Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those who say this are witless.
Islam says: Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all! Does this mean that Muslims should sit back until they are devoured?
Islam says: Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter their armies....
Islam says: whatever good there is exists thanks to the sword and in the shadow of the sword!
People cannot be made obedient except with the sword! the sword is the key to Paradise, which can be opened only for the Holy Warriors! There are hundreds of other Koranic psalms and Hadiths urging Muslims to value war and to fight. Does all this mean that Islam is a religion that prevents men from waging war? I spit upon those foolish souls who make such a claim."

Old 10-29-2015, 11:02 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
"One should compare the bad consequences entailed by lying to those entailed by telling the truth, and if the consequences of telling the truth are more damaging, one is entitled to lie.
How is that different than what we call in our culture "little white lies"? I was taught by nuns in Catholic school that it was OK to tell a little white lie if the truth would be too hurtful, too, for heaven's sake.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
How is that different than what we call in our culture "little white lies"? I was taught by nuns in Catholic school that it was OK to tell a little white lie if the truth would be too hurtful, too, for heaven's sake.
Ah, what is the difference between "Islam is a religion of peace!"
-and-
"I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, "None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, and whoever says, " None has the right to be worshipped but Allah , his life and property will be saved by me." (saith Mohammed)
. . .
. . .
Eternal jihad until all are converted, dhimmi, or dead.
That is some PEACEFUL religion you've got there.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:09 AM

Muslims revere Mohammed because very few know the truth about him. The effectiveness of the direct attack on Mohammed has been demonstrated by father Zakaria Botros, a Christian Priest who broadcasts the truth about Mohammed, based on the Muslims' own scriptures:
"It's not enough that al-Qaeda has called Fr Zakaria Botros "one of the most wanted infidels in the world," issuing a 60 million dollar bounty on his head, or that popular Arabic magazines call him "Islam's public enemy #1"; now, as expected, CAIR is getting in on the action, calling for a "national alert" -- as in umma alert, eerily reminiscent of a fatwa -- against him. Apparently his last few shows dealing with Muhammad's questionable sexual habits, including necrophilia - are irking CAIR.

Why do radical (ahem) devout Muslims, such as CAIR, hate -- and fear -- Zakaria Botros so? The problem Muslims have with Fr Botros is that they simply cannot refute him: everything he says -- no matter how scandalizing to Islam -- is always based on, often revered, Islamic sources. Moreover, Fr Botros rarely makes any claims about Islam: he only exposes; he only raises questions and then invites Islam's ulema to respond and "clarify" the matter. However, as this story indicates, their response is only to have him censored -- or, for the more radical, killed."
Father Zakaria Botros on CAIR’s radar

Old 10-29-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
But it's not surprising. I am against all Abrahamic religions. Christianity is also a very negative influence and subjugated pagan Europeans in much the same way that Islam today threatens to eventually do. Christians destroyed so much of what we had, just as Muslims have destroyed various artefacts of pre-Muslim religious traditions in lands they occupy.

The main difference now between Christianity and Islam is the latter has far more fanatical followers. Christianity is thankfully declining in Europe and other Western nations.
Please show me the NEGATIVE teachings of Jesus the Christ.
I see this - - -
::::::::::::::::
(KJV) Matthew 22:34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. 35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, 36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
::::::::::::::::
Now, please tell us all how loving God and your neighbor is JUST AS BAD as Mohammed urging the decapitation of infidels, rape, kidnapping, and slavery?
"-- I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers." (8:12)
..|||..
ISLAM : Kidnapping and Rape
Mohammed promotes kidnapping, ransom and rape of non-Muslims
Abu Sirma said to Abu Sa'id al Khadri (Allah he pleased with him): O Abu Sa'id, did you hear Allah's Messenger (May peace be upon him) mentioning al-'azl? He said: Yes, and added: We went out with Allah's Messenger (May peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing 'azl (Withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah's Messenger (May peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born. (Sahih Muslim 3371)
Sahih Muslim Book 008, Hadith Number 3371. - Hadith Collection

Old 10-29-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Perhaps almost no one is trying to convince you of that.

I know Muslims here in America who are fine people. I'd vouch for their character anytime. But that doesn't mean that -- under the present circumstances -- that I approve of increased Islamic immigration to America. Really, those are two separate issues.
How about the poor Syrians who are fleeing violence at home? Everything they have has been destroyed. Many of the people fleeing are well educated, were successful, are just average people like you or I - trying to feed their families and get through life. Given the instability we've helped cause by some of the decisions our country has made in the region, don't we have some obligation to help them?

Old 10-29-2015, 12:19 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,347 times
Quote:
How about the poor Syrians who are fleeing violence at home? Everything they have has been destroyed. Many of the people fleeing are well educated, were successful, are just average people like you or I - trying to feed their families and get through life. Given the instability we've helped cause by some of the decisions our country has made in the region, don't we have some obligation to help them?
It can be argued that we do and it can be argued that we don't but in either case that does not mean we are required to give up our culture to them. Help to them must not come in the form of destruction for us.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
It can be argued that we do and it can be argued that we don't but in either case that does not mean we are required to give up our culture to them. Help to them must not come in the form of destruction for us.
Every immigrant group that has come to the US has changed the culture here. People who take a snapshot in time and call it the real America are just not being honest about our history and seeking to preserve it exactly as it was is a fool's errand. We're a vibrant, constantly changing society. That is one of our strengths. None of the Muslim immigrants I know are out to change the culture here, or force Christians to convert, or impose sharia.

In a lifetime of friendship and kinship with people I care about who happen to be Muslim guess how many times someone has tried to convert me? Once. And when I said I wasn't interested, they left me alone. Now guess how many times a Christian I know has tried to convert me to their own little flavor of Christianity? A whole lot more, and they were way more insistent and pushy about it, too.

I think it would benefit a lot of the folks here to befriend some Muslims, listen to them, and reflect a bit.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:52 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Every immigrant group that has come to the US has changed the culture here. People who take a snapshot in time and call it the real America are just not being honest about our history and seeking to preserve it exactly as it was is a fool's errand. We're a vibrant, constantly changing society. That is one of our strengths. None of the Muslim immigrants I know are out to change the culture here, or force Christians to convert, or impose sharia.

In a lifetime of friendship and kinship with people I care about who happen to be Muslim guess how many times someone has tried to convert me? Once. And when I said I wasn't interested, they left me alone. Now guess how many times a Christian I know has tried to convert me to their own little flavor of Christianity? A whole lot more, and they were way more insistent and pushy about it, too.

I think it would benefit a lot of the folks here to befriend some Muslims, listen to them, and reflect a bit.
This is a very good post.

I doubt most of the posters here have had any ongoing interpersonal contact with Muslims in America.

Old 10-29-2015, 12:53 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,284,645 times
Quote:

Not yet because they are minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam