U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 07:59 PM

22,626 posts, read 10,460,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Do Malaysia or Indonesia have diplomatic ties with Israel?
No formal relations, some trade relations.

But what do you think that says?

After all, we don't have formal relations with Bhutan, Cuba (at least until very recently), NOrth Korea, or Taiwan.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:31 PM

161 posts, read 114,927 times
LOL at the Muslim feminist. That is too funny

Old 10-26-2015, 09:49 PM

5,085 posts, read 7,745,588 times
but your muslim brothers consider you to be an infidel.

"My religion teaches me to love everyone." Yeah, right, guess he's never read the quran.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:54 PM

37 posts, read 27,162 times
I wish they created similar cool videos against ISIS and their ideology.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:00 PM

13,754 posts, read 9,869,364 times
Peaceful Muslims and bloodthirsty Jihadis are all part of Islam.
Nothing guarantees the former nor prevents the latter.
The only safe choice is to deport all Muslims. Close all Mosques. Period.

Islam is at war (jihad) with all other peoples (kafirs).
Every non-Muslim needs to unite in opposition to Islam. They won't stop until we're Muslim, dhimmi or dead.
MUSLIM PEACE TRAIN
-or-
What Happened to Cat Stevens

Yusuf Islam (aka Cat Stevens), accused of backing Salman Rusdie fatwah, appears at DC 'Rally to Restore Sanity' Telegraph Blogs
Cat Stevens wanted me dead

However much Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam may wish to rewrite his past, he was neither misunderstood nor misquoted over his views on the Khomeini fatwa against The Satanic Verses (Seven, April 29). In an article in The New York Times on May 22, 1989, Craig R Whitney reported Stevens/Islam saying on a British television programme "that rather than go to a demonstration to burn an effigy of the author Salman Rushdie, 'I would have hoped that it'd be the real thing'."

He added that "if Mr Rushdie turned up at his doorstep looking for help, 'I might ring somebody who might do more damage to him than he would like. I'd try to phone the Ayatollah Khomeini and tell him exactly where this man is'."

In a subsequent interview with The New York Times, Mr Whitney added, Stevens/Islam, who had seen a preview of the programme, said that he "stood by his comments".

Let's have no more rubbish about how "green" and innocent this man was.

- - - Salman Rushdie, New York

Old 10-27-2015, 12:40 AM

5,085 posts, read 7,745,588 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfJ6FpabknY

Old 10-27-2015, 05:27 AM

21,380 posts, read 24,159,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Might help with stereotypes.

a CYA video for Americans. When in Arabic a different video is aired that does make some Muslims go WTH as shown in the following clip.

https://youtu.be/aVb2zBByGCA

Old 10-27-2015, 05:37 AM

2,337 posts, read 1,352,889 times
I work with and sit next to a muslim
he was born here...and does NOT travel back home

he claims progressive muslims (the very few who do not live in nor return to muslim nations ) are trying to get away from the jihad nonsense, to be more tolerant and live in peace with other beliefs...but these peeps are the VAST minority...jihad according to him, the way it is usually taught, is NOT about inner struggle, it is about a militaristic approach to bringing islam to others, and killing infidels...sure the leaders in muslim nations downplay this...but it is what it is

this is at the core of their beliefs...so tell me another story please LOL

Old 10-27-2015, 07:51 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,679,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Pretty sad when one of the most supposed Progressive Muslim countries requires you to get your clitoris cut off as a woman. Same applies with Malaysia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preval...ntry#Indonesia
"Female genital mutilation Type I and IV is prevalent in Indonesia 97.5% of females from Muslim families"
I have to say when people make this comment on other countries being moderate, they NEVER consider women's rights.

Women can't do this in Indonesia......Ban onwomen straddling motorbikes in Indonesia.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:36 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,679,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Peaceful Muslims and bloodthirsty Jihadis are all part of Islam.
Nothing guarantees the former nor prevents the latter.
The only safe choice is to deport all Muslims. Close all Mosques. Period.

Islam is at war (jihad) with all other peoples (kafirs).
Every non-Muslim needs to unite in opposition to Islam. They won't stop until we're Muslim, dhimmi or dead.
MUSLIM PEACE TRAIN
-or-
What Happened to Cat Stevens
Yusuf Islam (aka Cat Stevens), accused of backing Salman Rusdie fatwah, appears at DC 'Rally to Restore Sanity' Telegraph Blogs
Cat Stevens wanted me dead

However much Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam may wish to rewrite his past, he was neither misunderstood nor misquoted over his views on the Khomeini fatwa against The Satanic Verses (Seven, April 29). In an article in The New York Times on May 22, 1989, Craig R Whitney reported Stevens/Islam saying on a British television programme "that rather than go to a demonstration to burn an effigy of the author Salman Rushdie, 'I would have hoped that it'd be the real thing'."

He added that "if Mr Rushdie turned up at his doorstep looking for help, 'I might ring somebody who might do more damage to him than he would like. I'd try to phone the Ayatollah Khomeini and tell him exactly where this man is'."

In a subsequent interview with The New York Times, Mr Whitney added, Stevens/Islam, who had seen a preview of the programme, said that he "stood by his comments".

Let's have no more rubbish about how "green" and innocent this man was.
- - - Salman Rushdie, New York
Interesting.....I read one time Stevens never knew the Bible, but was introduced to the Quran and read the story about Joseph. He always liked the name Joseph and he related Joseph's story to "Peace Train." Makes one wonder where he would be, if he had read about Joseph through the King James Bible.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or