Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:21 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,101,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Cool, isn't it?
That's democracy for you. He is an elected president through a democratic process.
If you think he's a cool President, have it your way. Our nation did elect him twice, and now we get to reap the bad fruit- cool!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
So there are no facts to back up what you just claimed then, fair enough. It has nothing to do with feeling superior, or making the rules, or what you are obligated to do or not. The simple fact remains that you just espoused unsubstantiated nonsense, and you have shown no willingness to back it up. And everyone can see that.
Let's see your "facts" to back up your opinion about what I said? Just the facts, mam.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:31 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,893,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
If you think he's a cool President, have it your way. Our nation did elect him twice, and now we get to reap the bad fruit- cool!!
George Bush was elected twice, many still hate him. Billy-Bob Clinton was elected twice, and many still hate him.

Getting elected doesn't mean you are liked. It just means at the time of the election, what you were promulgating was in the electorate's best perceived interest.

Old 11-18-2015, 01:10 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,354,824 times
Quote:
Let's see your "facts" to back up your opinion about what I said? Just the facts, mam.
Why do I need to back up YOUR opinion? YOU claim that Obama is a Muslim. Have you any evidence? YOU claim that he wants everyone else to be Muslim. Have you any evidence?

Old 11-18-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Why do I need to back up YOUR opinion? YOU claim that Obama is a Muslim. Have you any evidence? YOU claim that he wants everyone else to be Muslim. Have you any evidence?
I believe what I believe- you believe what you believe. I'm not here to be "right" or convince anyone else. I simply state my opinion. If it upsets you that someone disagrees, then so be it.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
George Bush was elected twice, many still hate him. Billy-Bob Clinton was elected twice, and many still hate him.

Getting elected doesn't mean you are liked. It just means at the time of the election, what you were promulgating was in the electorate's best perceived interest.
Unfortunately, the electorate in our nation is largely ignorant and/or apathetic.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:38 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,067,675 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, the electorate in our nation is largely ignorant and/or apathetic.
So democracy should not be the way in our country since the larger portion of electorate is ignorant and/or apathetic? Remember, majority is the authority in democracy.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
So democracy should not be the way in our country since the larger portion of electorate is ignorant and/or apathetic? Remember, majority is the authority in democracy.
The fact that this is our "system" doesn't mean it's working well at the moment.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:32 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,159,266 times
Quote:
Correct. Democracy is mob rule. It should not be the way in any country. This is why UNALIENABLE INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS are so important...and why the USA has a Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Islam takes away individual rights by force, and sadly, our politicians are doing a good job of it also.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:06 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,593,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazira View Post
Yes, for their own good.
Is that a veiled threat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam