U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2015, 12:59 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,291,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Ah yes, I had a feeling you'd come back with that! The other day you were telling me that there were so many hadiths that it would take a lifetime to read them all!

Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal is a collection of Hadith collected by Sunni scholar Ibn Hanbal to whom the Hanbali fiqh (legislation) Sunnis is attributed.

Jami` at-Tirmidhi (Arabic: جامع الترمذي‎, Jāmi` at-Tirmidhī), popularly and mistakenly Sunan at-Tirmidhi (Arabic: سُـنَن الترمذي‎, Sunan at-Tirmidhī), is one of Kutub al-Sittah (the six major hadith collections).

etc....

And I think most, if not all of these hadiths have been judged authentic. They certainly back each other up.
There are way over a million Hadith but only 6 compilations have been verified to any degree. The Shi'ite claim 12 but also believe Bukahri is not a valid compilation

Yes there are millions of Hadith, but the vast majority have not been verified. Some are almost certainly frauds having been written very recently. It is possible there are "New" hadith being forged even today.

In my above post I should have stated those quotes are not from Authenticated Ahadtith.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 01:23 PM

1,601 posts, read 752,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There are way over a million Hadith but only 6 compilations have been verified to any degree. The Shi'ite claim 12 but also believe Bukahri is not a valid compilation

Yes there are millions of Hadith, but the vast majority have not been verified. Some are almost certainly frauds having been written very recently. It is possible there are "New" hadith being forged even today.

In my above post I should have stated those quotes are not from Authenticated Ahadtith.
So it goes from 'these are not hadith' to 'these are not authenticated hadith'. Well, you are wrong again. And, these hadith back each other up.

Do your research. I'm not doing it for you this time.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:16 PM

21,964 posts, read 22,131,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
Katzpur, You left out a very important detail...
I didn't leave out anything that matters. You just don't understand Mormon doctrine to the extent I do.

Quote:
Mormons believe everyone else will get to a part of heaven called the "Telestial Kingdom" or "Terrestrial Kingdom", which lacks all of the glory of the "Celestial Kingdom". Only mormons who have tithed 10% of their salary and kept the commandments (no coffee, no tea, no alcohol, no sex before marriage, wearing the undergarments, served a mission, had their marriage sealed in the temple, etc.) are allowed into this special part of heaven called the Celestial Kingdom.
Wrong. The Celestial Kingdom is not going to be populated along the earth's denominational or religious lines. Many people who lived their entire lives as non-Mormons, non-Christians and even as atheists may very well end up in the Celestial Kingdom. As LDS Apostle Dieter F. Uchtdorf put it, "The more you understand about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more you come to realize that endings here in mortality really aren't endings at all." Death is not the final curtain; it's merely the end of one act.

Quote:
What's not taught in conventional / mainstream mormonism anymore is that much like Islam, in the Celestial Kingdom, Men are promised plural wives, which is why they practiced polygamy back during the pioneer era (a.k.a Mitt Romney's grandfather who moved to Mexico to practice polygamy).
You really need to get your information from more accurate sources. There was never a time in Mormonism when polygamy was a requirement for the Celestial Kingdom. Furthermore, even if that statement was true, about 95% of all Mormon men would have been disqualified, as only 5% had more than one wife.

Quote:
In Mormonism, people who also commit apostasy also suffer consequences (outer darkness in the afterlife).
And you don't even understand what this means -- this "committing apostasy" that you speak of.

Quote:
You are right that mormonism and islam have a lot of intersection. Which begets the question, how do I know which religion is correct?
Well, I think you've already decided that neither of them are, so what difference does it make to you?

Quote:
P.S. You must certainly be aware of the chatter going around the stake houses regarding evangelizing the syrian refugees....
I'm aware that this is utter BS, and I think you are, too.

Now, how about getting back to the topic of the OP, which has absolutely nothing to do with Mormonism? If you want to discuss Mormonism, the Islam forum is hardly the place to do so.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:31 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,130,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I didn't leave out anything that matters. You just don't understand Mormon doctrine to the extent I do.

Wrong. The Celestial Kingdom is not going to be populated along the earth's denominational or religious lines. Many people who lived their entire lives as non-Mormons, non-Christians and even as atheists may very well end up in the Celestial Kingdom. As LDS Apostle Dieter F. Uchtdorf put it, "The more you understand about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more you come to realize that endings here in mortality really aren't endings at all." Death is not the final curtain; it's merely the end of one act.

You really need to get your information from more accurate sources. There was never a time in Mormonism when polygamy was a requirement for the Celestial Kingdom. Furthermore, even if that statement was true, about 95% of all Mormon men would have been disqualified, as only 5% had more than one wife.

And you don't even understand what this means -- this "committing apostasy" that you speak of.

Well, I think you've already decided that neither of them are, so what difference does it make to you?

I'm aware that this is utter BS, and I think you are, too.

Now, how about getting back to the topic of the OP, which has absolutely nothing to do with Mormonism? If you want to discuss Mormonism, the Islam forum is hardly the place to do so.
Wow, for someone who used to speak to me online all the time a couple of years ago and teach me about mormonism (answer my questions), you sure... changed. Why the nasty tone? I was only regurgitating a lot of what you taught me....

Old 12-06-2015, 09:13 PM

21,964 posts, read 22,131,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
Wow, for someone who used to speak to me online all the time a couple of years ago and teach me about mormonism (answer my questions), you sure... changed. Why the nasty tone? I was only regurgitating a lot of what you taught me....

Oh yeah? So what parts did I just change? (And where, by the way, did we talk? Which website? Because you haven't been around here for a couple of years, unless you were using a different name.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or