U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 07:39 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,582,067 times

Advertisements

Here is a very objective critique of Islam from a psychological and various perspectives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65O2mAZ8CHQ

As an ex-Salafi Muslim Farhan explained why Islam is dangerous for America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 08:31 PM

39,035 posts, read 10,825,389 times
Well, there the not-theists are posting a few takings -on of Islam. That should satisfy the Christians who complain we only have a go at them. I trust they won't be rolling up shouting about intolerant racist atheism.

Old 11-07-2015, 08:46 PM

1,808 posts, read 1,588,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
As an ex-Salafi Muslim Farhan explained why Islam is dangerous for America.
How? This is one person's testimony; he's not saying Islam is dangerous for America, he's saying that he left Islam for personal reasons.

I say the same things about Christianity -- it's not the right path for me. My saying such things doesn't make Christianity 'dangerous for America'.

Old 11-07-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
How? This is one person's testimony; he's not saying Islam is dangerous for America, he's saying that he left Islam for personal reasons.

I say the same things about Christianity -- it's not the right path for me. My saying such things doesn't make Christianity 'dangerous for America'.
If you listen to the whole video you will note he spoke of why Islam is dangerous to America and humanity

@28:44
@30:20

Yes it is one person's testimony and I have listened and read of many [which mostly are for personal reasons], and this is one of the most objective one. I would highly recommend one to listen to the full video.

Christianity is ultimately a pacifist religion and thus not a danger [in terms of serious evils and violence] to any country nor humanity, other than its hinder to the progress of human knowledge with its insistence of creationism and other issues.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:19 AM

11,175 posts, read 10,993,793 times
Most people aren't going to waste a half hour of their time watching a video. If this is such a fine, objective reason, just say it. Make the point and leave the video as supporting evidence.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
If you listen to the whole video you will note he spoke of why Islam is dangerous to America and humanity

@28:44
@30:20
I've listened to those points, and for the benefit of those who don't have the time or inclination to sit through all 45 minutes, I will quote the relevant phrases:

"The liberties and freedoms that we enjoy would not be there in an Islamic state" (28:44). No mention of America in particular.

"People should be aware of how people are being persecuted and treated in the world: (30:20) Again, no mention of America in particular.

The freedoms he's so convinced Muslims should not haveare the same freedoms that protect the rights of Christians, Buddhists, Wiccans, Druids, and even Scientologists (and they believe that aliens are corrupting our souls) to practice whatever religion they wish.

When we start controlling the religious beliefs of our citizens, this country will no longer be a democracy, but a dictatorship.

And I will be one of the first to stand up in opposition when that happens.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:30 AM

Quote:
I've listened to those points, and for the benefit of those who don't have the time or inclination to sit through all 45 minutes, I will quote the relevant phrases:

"The liberties and freedoms that we enjoy would not be there in an Islamic state" (28:44). No mention of America in particular.

"People should be aware of how people are being persecuted and treated in the world: (30:20) Again, no mention of America in particular.
Btw, the video is only 36:22 minutes not 45 mins.
Note the 'we' above was with reference to Americans. OK I was not very precise early as it is quite tedious to do additional transcribing from the video.

Here are the points [summarized] where the USA and American are stated.

26:41 Questioner: [Q]. Islam is a danger to humanity..
28:25 Farhan: [F]. You can disagree with any foreign or domestic you want with the USA but ...
28:34 Farhan: [F]. The freedom enjoyed in the United States would be gone [if Sharia implemented]

29:40 Q: Do you think American should be aware of this danger [Islam and Sharia]
29:40 F: people [Americans] should be aware of how people are persecuted around the world

30:16 Q: Should we stop Islam from spreading in the United States
30:17 F: That should be a goal

30:23 Q: Would that be against freedom of religion
30:24 F : No they can believe all they want. We need to explain why Islam is dangerous and why Islam is wrong.

30:53 Q Americans are not giving priority to the danger of Islam?
30:54 F For the growth of human civilization it is a priority.

I suggest the whole video 36:22 minutes is very worth the listening.

Old 11-09-2015, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Btw, the video is only 36:22 minutes not 45 mins.
Note the 'we' above was with reference to Americans. OK I was not very precise early as it is quite tedious to do additional transcribing from the video.

Here are the points [summarized] where the USA and American are stated.

26:41 Questioner: [Q]. Islam is a danger to humanity..
28:25 Farhan: [F]. You can disagree with any foreign or domestic you want with the USA but ...
28:34 Farhan: [F]. The freedom enjoyed in the United States would be gone [if Sharia implemented]

29:40 Q: Do you think American should be aware of this danger [Islam and Sharia]
29:40 F: people [Americans] should be aware of how people are persecuted around the world

30:16 Q: Should we stop Islam from spreading in the United States
30:17 F: That should be a goal

30:23 Q: Would that be against freedom of religion
30:24 F : No they can believe all they want. We need to explain why Islam is dangerous and why Islam is wrong.

30:53 Q Americans are not giving priority to the danger of Islam?
30:54 F For the growth of human civilization it is a priority.

I suggest the whole video 36:22 minutes is very worth the listening.

(For various reasons, I haven't had a lot of sleep, so I'm going to do my utmost to avoid 'grumpy badger' mode.)

'We need to explain why Islam is dangerous'.

McCarthy said the same thing about Communists in the '50s: 'There are hundreds of card-carrying Commies in the US! Protect yourselves!' he shouted. And we believed him. And neighbor started informing on neighbor.

Thankfully, we've learned from that experience, haven't we?

Haven't we?

It's been fourteen years since 9/11. Islamophobia is rampant, anti-Muslim hate-crimes are constantly in the news...and we're just lapping it all up, aren't we?

And why wouldn't we? Every war needs an enemy, right?

'What they believe is wrong'. 'We have to seek out our enemies'.

Oh, how often those phrases have been used to justify acts of tyranny. You can dress it up all you want, you can use all the fancy rhetoric and rationalization you desire, but the message is the same: 'anyone who is different must be destroyed'.

But...every war needs an enemy...

So, we direct our insecurities at the latest 'threat to democracy', but this time, instead of Communists...it's Muslims. The same fear and suspicion and paranoia, wearing a different hat.

You see, the terrorists don't even need to hit us 'again'. They've already turned us into a pack of frightened sheep, bleating pseudo-patriotic phrases that are just so much cover for our own neurotic delusions.

The simple, sad truth is that we've become more of a danger to ourselves than any terrorist could ever be.

And we don't even realize it.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:23 AM

6,893 posts, read 3,392,752 times
Quote:
(For various reasons, I haven't had a lot of sleep, so I'm going to do my utmost to avoid 'grumpy badger' mode.)

'We need to explain why Islam is dangerous'.

McCarthy said the same thing about Communists in the '50s: 'There are hundreds of card-carrying Commies in the US! Protect yourselves!' he shouted. And we believed him. And neighbor started informing on neighbor.

Thankfully, we've learned from that experience, haven't we?

Haven't we?

It's been fourteen years since 9/11. Islamophobia is rampant, anti-Muslim hate-crimes are constantly in the news...and we're just lapping it all up, aren't we?

And why wouldn't we? Every war needs an enemy, right?

'What they believe is wrong'. 'We have to seek out our enemies'.

Oh, how often those phrases have been used to justify acts of tyranny. You can dress it up all you want, you can use all the fancy rhetoric and rationalization you desire, but the message is the same: 'anyone who is different must be destroyed'.

But...every war needs an enemy...

So, we direct our insecurities at the latest 'threat to democracy', but this time, instead of Communists...it's Muslims. The same fear and suspicion and paranoia, wearing a different hat.

You see, the terrorists don't even need to hit us 'again'. They've already turned us into a pack of frightened sheep, bleating pseudo-patriotic phrases that are just so much cover for our own neurotic delusions.

The simple, sad truth is that we've become more of a danger to ourselves than any terrorist could ever be.

And we don't even realize it.
This deserves repeating.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post

They will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature it on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. ( United States ).

It is good to remember that in many, many countries, such as France, the Muslim populations are centered around ghettos based on their ethnicity. Muslims do not integrate into the community at large. Therefore, they exercise more power than their national average would indicate."

FrontPage Magazine - What Islam Isn't
Thank you for illustrating my point.

There already is halal food in American supermarkets, because Muslims are American citizens.

Unfortunately, the term 'American citizen' seems to mean very little anymore.

And the African American population is centered around enclaves based on their ethnicity. The Sino-American community (who, let's not forget, came here to help build America and were treated like absolute garbage in the process; thank Chester A. Arthur for introducing the Chinese Exclusion Act), the Jewish population.

Oh, but that doesn't matter, does it? The rights that protect you are far too important to allow anyone else to embrace them.

'Freedom and justice for all'.

Well...almost all, anyway. Just the ones we decide we like.

How disappointing -- and yet still utterly predictable.

Last edited by FredNotBob; 11-09-2015 at 10:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or