U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 03:42 PM

6,893 posts, read 3,415,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
They are not like any Muslims I know, either. I am concerned for the Muslims in my workplace and with whom we do business, that others might focus on them as enemies because they are Muslim.
Me, too. I remember the backlash after 9/11. The villagers with torches were about. What a terrible thing to fear for the safety of their children.

I hope every Muslim family remains safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 03:46 PM

28,669 posts, read 15,549,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There are many misconceptions about Islam by both Muslims and non-Muslims.

As Islam is not an organization and has no central leaders it can not take over a nation. While it is true people claiming to be Muslim can take over nations and have done so, they are not Islam and do not represent Islam.

Islam is not a group, it is an action performed by individual Muslims.

A Nation can only be Islamic if 100% of the population performs the action of Islam through their own free will.

CAIR is also misunderstood. It is a very small organizations that was originally founded to help American Muslims.

Currently it is about 1/10 it's original size, has virtually no financial support and is deeply in debt.

It is virtually impossible to find out anything about their status after 2007 and it seems nearly every CAIR office has closed.

As to your question:

People taking over a nation is illegal and those who try to do such are criminals and should be treated as such. The government has no way to control if I perform or do not perform Islam. That is personal between each Muslim and Allaah(swt) it requires no human leadership nor organization.

Yes, I would like the world to be 100% Muslim. but only through the free choice of every person.

That will not happen until Jesus(a.s.) returns and with the Mehdi conquers the anti-Christ and all people follow Jesus(a.s.) to Islam.
Thanks for the response.

CAIR may have been founded with one purpose... that doesn't mean that's how it functions today. There have been questionable activity linked to them in the past.

Your answer is a nice answer, but it's talk. Just like a bunch of dialogue does not win a war. It just seems like these people are defining your religion with not much resistance from the "good" Islamists.

I wish I could be nicer about it - but it's kind of tough right now with the growing resume' of the radicals.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:46 PM

43,638 posts, read 52,882,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Woodrow LI - Not trying to be overly confrontational... what do you do to keep the criminals from defining your faith. Because right now, it's difficult for Islam to be seen as peaceable and safe. Islam (or this group of people representing Islam) is a threat to all countries right now. The Muslim Brotherhood protects them. CAIR protects them.

Honestly - if these people took over America, and Islam ruled this country, would you not be OK with that?
1 billion people are Muslim. 1 billion.

Literally 99% of them are not violent terrorists.

Seems like YOU are defining things.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:33 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,339,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
1 billion people are Muslim. 1 billion.

Literally 99% of them are not violent terrorists.

Seems like YOU are defining things.
Actually we passed the billion mark a few years ago. Current estimate is at least 1.5 and possibly as many as 1.7.

It is hard to tell as we have no membership roles or the like. The Number of Mosques is no indication as we do not "Join" Mosques. Many of us have never even been inside a Mosque.

But I believe you are correct that 99% of us are not terrorists.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 11-15-2015, 05:07 PM

6,090 posts, read 2,328,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The Westboro Baptist Church doesn't kill people. In fact, they don't do anything illegal as their entire family is comprised of lawyers. They make their money through lawsuits from people who attack them.
What about the Catholics and Proestants in Northern Ireland and those who supported them financially and with arms in the United States? Or the Sikhs bombing Air India?

If the majority of the one and a half billion Muslims were out to get us there would be a lot more than the odd terrorist attacks.

The goal of these terrorist is to not only make us afraid but primarily for us to hate all Muslims in 9rder to be able to recruit more and to have countries back them too. Hate all Muslims and you support the goals of the terrorists.

But we also must remember that we are poor because the Jews control the money, the Chinese are trying to destroy us and everyone else that is not us must be hated, right?

Woodrow, it doesn't matter how many Muslims condemned the terrorists attacks or how loud that condemnation is the haters will only notice those that support the terrorists.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Me, too. I remember the backlash after 9/11. The villagers with torches were about. What a terrible thing to fear for the safety of their children.

I hope every Muslim family remains safe.
Ars9n at one mosque in Canada last night. And the same group were also hit right after 911.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Ars9n at one mosque in Canada last night. And the same group were also hit right after 911.
The terrorists are already beginning to achieve one of their goals.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
The terrorists are already beginning to achieve one of their goals.
So true unless we all put an end to silent acceptance of terrorism and of bigotry.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
So true unless we all put an end to silent acceptance of terrorism and of bigotry.
Terrorism is our common enemy. One goal of terrorism is to spread distrust and suspicion. Very often it succeeds.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:32 PM

5,281 posts, read 2,724,418 times
Quote:
Terrorism is our common enemy. One goal of terrorism is to spread distrust and suspicion. Very often it succeeds.
Woodrow, you said you were a christian before? Why did you convert, and why are muslims converting to Christianity?

If it is too personal, I understand . You don't have to answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam