U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 06:38 AM

144 posts, read 107,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Good post!

Let's remember that this issue in France is much bigger than the recent slaughter. For years Muslims have been rioting and burning cars. For years Muslims have been demanding Shariah Law and clogging the streets during prayer. For years Muslims in France form their own enclaves and refuse to let others in.
You can't make a comparision with extremists and young delinquants people.

Like in the US, when the police kill, harass black people, ther's riots or demonstrations.
This have nothing to do with religion even if those youngs people were in majority muslims.
They weren't asking for Sharia law.

According to statements by Mr. Altun, who remains hospitalized with injuries, a group of ten or so friends had been playing football on a nearby field and were returning home when they saw the police patrol. They all fled in different directions to avoid the lengthy questioning that youths in the housing projects say they often face from the police. They say they are required to present identity papers and can be held as long as four hours at the police station, and sometimes their parents must come before the police will release them.

This event ignited pre-existing tensions. Protesters told The Associated Press the unrest was an expression of frustration with high unemployment and police harassment and brutality. "People are joining together to say we've had enough", said one protester. "We live in ghettos. Everyone lives in fear." The rioters' suburbs are also home to a large, mostly North African, immigrant population, allegedly adding religious tensions, which some commentators believed contribute further to such frustrations. However, according to Pascal Mailhos, head of the Renseignements Généraux (French intelligence agency) radical Islamism had no influence over the 2005 civil unrest in France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_French_riots
Quote:
For years Muslims have been demanding Shariah Law and clogging the streets during prayer.
Of wich country are you talking about ? France or Uk ?
From a country to another one there's differences.

As for the streets prayers, that's because they don't have enought mosques they only have fews locals so they pray outside. And i think it's was during the Friday's prayer only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 08:11 AM

1,601 posts, read 750,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazira View Post
You can't make a comparision with extremists and young delinquants people.

Like in the US, when the police kill, harass black people, ther's riots or demonstrations.
This have nothing to do with religion even if those youngs people were in majority muslims.
They weren't asking for Sharia law.

According to statements by Mr. Altun, who remains hospitalized with injuries, a group of ten or so friends had been playing football on a nearby field and were returning home when they saw the police patrol. They all fled in different directions to avoid the lengthy questioning that youths in the housing projects say they often face from the police. They say they are required to present identity papers and can be held as long as four hours at the police station, and sometimes their parents must come before the police will release them.

This event ignited pre-existing tensions. Protesters told The Associated Press the unrest was an expression of frustration with high unemployment and police harassment and brutality. "People are joining together to say we've had enough", said one protester. "We live in ghettos. Everyone lives in fear." The rioters' suburbs are also home to a large, mostly North African, immigrant population, allegedly adding religious tensions, which some commentators believed contribute further to such frustrations. However, according to Pascal Mailhos, head of the Renseignements Généraux (French intelligence agency) radical Islamism had no influence over the 2005 civil unrest in France.

Of wich country are you talking about ? France or Uk ?
From a country to another one there's differences.

As for the streets prayers, that's because they don't have enought mosques they only have fews locals so they pray outside. And i think it's was during the Friday's prayer only.
I certainly do make a comparison since the point is that it is all being done in the name of Islam. And you cannot equate race with ideology. Islam is not a race.

"In October and November of 2005, a series of riots occurred in the suburbs of Paris and other French cities,[4][5] involving the burning of cars and public buildings at night.

The unrest started on 27 October at Clichy-sous-Bois, where police were investigating a reported break-in at a building site, and a group of local youths scattered in order to avoid interrogation. Three of them hid in a power-station where two died from electrocution, resulting in a power blackout. (It was not established whether police had suspected these individuals or a different group, wanted on separate charges.) The incident ignited rising tensions about youth unemployment and police harassment in the poorer housing estates, and there followed three weeks of rioting throughout France. The rioters were the children of immigrants from North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa for whom Islam was an inseparable component of their self-identity which strengthened their sense of solidarity, gave them the appearance of legitimacy and drew a line between them and the French.[6] A state of emergency was declared on 8 November, later extended for three weeks, and the government announced a crackdown on immigration and fraudulent marriages."

Civilized people do not riot. Even if employment is an issue. The solution is to start businesses, not burn cars and riot.

The liberal media does it's best to protect Muslims, although slowly that is starting to change. The slaughter by Muslims in Paris is helping media be a bit more objective.

The street prayers were illegal. Do you have to pray en masse and disrupt all traffic? Muslims were violating the rights of the French in their own country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Btc9qMALg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeoF14PuPtU

Old 11-18-2015, 08:22 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,040,830 times
But you won't unite to condemn the attacks. Deep down you are glad because you look at all non Muslims as infidels. Face it your religion is violent and disgusting.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I certainly do make a comparison since the point is that it is all being done in the name of Islam.
The riots weren't done "in the name of Islam".
2 young boys playing football return to their home escaping the police because they didn't want to spend the night in the police office.

Those who died weren't asking for Sharia and the others young who led the riots neither.
They were angry their friends died, they also wanted to show they had enought of unemployment, police harassement etc Where is the link to Islam here ?
And i never said riots are a normal thing to do.

Quote:
The street prayers were illegal. Do you have to pray en masse and disrupt all traffic? Muslims were violating the rights of the French in their own country.
I agree, street prayers are illegal.
They did something illegal but because they wanted bigger places to pray in not because they wanted Sharia.

I can't watch your videos i have a problem with the pluggins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
But you won't unite to condemn the attacks. Deep down you are glad because you look at all non Muslims as infidels. Face it your religion is violent and disgusting.
Of course i condamn the attack.
As i condamn the attack in Beirout and in Irak or Syria etc
My cousin was living in England during the bomb attack, i have few other ones in Paris.
I was worried for them, what do you think ?

Old 11-18-2015, 09:16 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,272,269 times
Quote:
who says we do not unite to condemn terrorism?

Muslims around the world condemn terrorism after the Paris attacks
Muslims around the world condemn terrorism after the Paris attacks - Quartz

British Muslim groups take out advert unreservedly condemning terror attacks in Paris 'with one voice' and praising bravery of security guard who risked his life

Read more: British Muslim groups take out advert unreservedly condemning Paris attacks | Daily Mail Online

No Islam in Islamic State: Muslims unite on Twitter to condemn Paris attacks
No Islam in Islamic State: Muslims unite on Twitter to condemn Paris attacks - Firstpost

Terrorism and its ripple effect on Muslim young people was one the main topics discussed Saturday night at the Islamic Center of Southern California, which brought together several speakers to condemn the terrorist attacks in Paris.
Paris attacks: Local Muslims unite to speak out against terrorism | 89.3 KPCC

Paris Terrorist Attacks: Muslims, Iranian And Arab Leaders Condemn ISIS Violence In France
Paris Terrorist Attacks: Muslims, Iranian And Arab Leaders Condemn ISIS Violence In France

Muslim groups strongly condemn terror attacks in Paris
By Khorri Atkinson
Muslim groups around the world have strongly condemned the deadly terror attacks Friday in Paris that left at least 127 people dead.
Muslim groups strongly condemn terror attacks in Paris | MSNBC

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 11-18-2015, 09:51 AM

Some muslim students made this video "we are united"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVUC...ature=youtu.be

Gregory Reibenberg (jew) lost his wife Djamila Houd (muslim)
Some of his muslim employees co-worker and friends (muslim and no muslims) died too.

Halima Saadi Ndiaye and her sister Hodda Saadi (muslims) died this night, their brother Khaled worked in this café.
19 of their friends who were with them died too.

Le propriétaire juif d'un café parisien perd sa femme dans l'attaque terroriste | The Times of Israël

Attentats à Paris : Halima, 37*ans, et Hodda, 35 ans, soeurs et victimes

Old 11-18-2015, 11:23 AM

1,601 posts, read 750,497 times
Quote:
This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBRSfdAvsDQ

Old 11-18-2015, 11:20 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,580,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
who says we do not unite to condemn terrorism?

Muslims around the world condemn terrorism after the Paris attacks
Muslims around the world condemn terrorism after the Paris attacks - Quartz

The terrors, horrors and violence from ISIS are so abominable that 99% of humans who are normal would spontaneously condemn it. [except 1% deviants in any group].
Therefore we should expect 99% of Muslims to condemn the abominable acts of ISIS.
But surprisingly that is not the case.

Note this PEW [one to the most notable poll organization];

Quote:
In 11 countries with significant Muslim population people hold overwhelmingly
negative views about the Islamic State with the exception of Pakistan where most people have no definite opinion on the terror group, according to a new research.

In no country surveyed did more than 15 per cent of the population show
favourable attitudes towards ISIS. And in those countries with mixed religious
and ethnic populations, negative views of ISIS cut across these lines.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=41980543
Quote:
Only 28% in Pakistan had an unfavorable view of ISIS, and a majority of
Pakistanis (62%) had no opinion on the extremist group.
Most dislike ISIS in Muslim countries | Pew Research Center
I believe the results could be skewed by the enormity of the terror and peer pressure. Thus there are a higher % of Muslims who support ISIS is some ways.

However what is most critical is why are the results not 99% of Muslims condemn the evil acts of ISIS as in Pakistan and of up to 15% of Muslims elsewhere approved of the evil acts of ISIS.

This can only be that these 15% are brainwashed and influenced by Islam as their religion to support ISIS.
What is pertinent here is the principle and not so much ISIS, i.e. these Muslims will support all violence and evil acts by any Muslims against non-Muslims. Such attitudes can only be emerging from the religion.

If 15% Muslims support ISIS , then we have 225 million Muslims around the world supporting ISIS.
Even if 5% we have 75 million Muslims around the world supporting ISIS.
The above are very frightening figures.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:50 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,272,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The terrors, horrors and violence from ISIS are so abominable that 99% of humans who are normal would spontaneously condemn it. [except 1% deviants in any group].
Therefore we should expect 99% of Muslims to condemn the abominable acts of ISIS.
But surprisingly that is not the case.

Note this PEW [one to the most notable poll organization];

I believe the results could be skewed by the enormity of the terror and peer pressure. Thus there are a higher % of Muslims who support ISIS is some ways.

However what is most critical is why are the results not 99% of Muslims condemn the evil acts of ISIS as in Pakistan and of up to 15% of Muslims elsewhere approved of the evil acts of ISIS.

This can only be that these 15% are brainwashed and influenced by Islam as their religion to support ISIS.
What is pertinent here is the principle and not so much ISIS, i.e. these Muslims will support all violence and evil acts by any Muslims against non-Muslims. Such attitudes can only be emerging from the religion.

If 15% Muslims support ISIS , then we have 225 million Muslims around the world supporting ISIS.
Even if 5% we have 75 million Muslims around the world supporting ISIS.
The above are very frightening figures.
Having written and conducted polls. I have found that the results of a poll can be skewed by the participants interpretation of the poll questions. When a poll does not reflect the expected, the first thing to check is how the participants interpret the questions.

Every poll contains bias. the result being that to some level the poll is going to reflect the bias of the poll author. At best a poll is an estimate. Religious polls are probably the ones that will contain the most author influence as one is dealing with intangible data and have no means of physical verification.

to have to understand the poll better we need to know what that 15% mean by supporting ISIS.

I suspect that although I detest ISIS I could probably still find some aspects of them I support. That should not be equated with meaning I condone or approve of them. such as I support their saying the daily 5 obligatory prayers. that does not mean I support their claim to being a caliphate, their use of a dhimmi tax, their killing of innocent people etc.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 11-19-2015, 12:06 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,580,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
to have to understand the poll better we need to know what that 15% mean by supporting ISIS.

I suspect that although I detest ISIS I could probably still find some aspects of them I support. That should not be equated with meaning I condone or approve of them. such as I support their saying the daily 5 obligatory prayers. that does not mean I support their claim to being a caliphate, their use of a dhimmi tax, their killing of innocent people etc.
Don't agree with your views above.

When polls are conducted with reference to say Hitler, that Hitler strongly advocate sports, good food, entertainment, etc. which most people would agree is of no issue.

What is of concern should be the effective variables.
I have confident PEW [with a reputation to protect] will definitely come up with effective polling questions that are align to the topic on hand most of the time.

What could be skewed is the answers given by the participants.
It is likely those sitting on the fence will vote against ISIS in the current atmosphere even if they have hidden inclinations for ISIS since what ISIS are doing are in compliance with Allah's ordinations in the Quran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam