Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 10:13 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,719,608 times

Advertisements

Yes, it does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Relative to the 6,236 verses, the verses on virgins are not many but they are of great significance to the male Muslims. If you read those verses in context, the intended reference is to virgins.
Many of the verses mentioned pure companions but there are verses that mentioned maidens as companions.
78:33. And maidens for companions,
Maiden =a girl or young unmarried woman;
Maiden | Define Maiden at Dictionary.com

Why is gender implicated here? That can only imply sex [obviously for sexually active males] which is imperative part of life and thus also heaven.

Note the verses on 'virgins' are amplified in the Hadith with the concept of eternal virgin and permanent erections. After every penetration the maiden is refresh as a 'virgin.'

'High virtue' ?? there is no need to mention this as all Muslims who are in heaven are by default of high virtues in the eyes of Allah.

What is most noticeable in this discussion is "you" and your psychology of confirmation bias, inoculation theory and whatever it take to defend your position and religious sanity.

The Quran that came out of Muhammad's mind and mouth has to be chronological. Muhammad actual life is chronological. Whilst it may not be exact it is not difficult to arrange the contents and the chapters as close as possible in chronological order. It is obvious what Muhammad recited earlier [say in 610-623] can be repeated later in 628-632. There is no issue in this at all using various justification methods.

It is obvious there is a difference between reading and understanding. Thus reading a million times does not imply thorough reading of a book.
However there is a difference for me and anyone if they say they read it once, twice and 50 times. As for me I take the trouble to understand every chapter, every sentence and every critical word in the Quran as thoroughly as possible. Then I interpret the Quran in its whole context and with every aspect of reality. Besides I have done lots of details analysis of the Quran from various perspectives. In addition I am referring to more than 45 English translations of the Quran.

From my discussions with you, I am sure you have not come across many non-Muslims like me [& Juju] who had taken such an in depth seriousness with the Quran. [thanks to you for your many assistance and discussions].
I have taken the trouble to smoothen every sentence and every verses so that when I read I can read through it fast with high understanding of the chapters.

I think you should be aware your own narrow views cannot be trusted. The Quran favored martyrs and always put the hereafter as more rewarding than life in this world. Surely you should know that. All it need is for 1 million jihadists [in reality more than 1 million out of 1.5 billion] to buy into this to set the world afire.

Being holed in a very tall silo in the middle of USA, your 'many' cannot be reliable and credible.

Whilst I quoted 9:41 I did not say chapter 9 is the determinant violent chapter. I said one has to the read all the Medinian chapters in one go then one will feel the sense of anger and 'hatred' for the dehumanized non-Muslims and wanting to express one's anger against them.
Nevertheless final Chapter 9 is the 'spearhead' of Islam for those [minority of 300 millions] who are inclined toward violence.
The point as I had always mentioned is there are 20% of evil prone Muslims [as in any large group of people], i.e. 300 million.
All we need is for 50,000 out of this 300 million potentials to seriously buy into the imbue violent ethos of the Medinian phase evils. This is highly possible and it is already a reality from the past to the present.

However even reading 9:38-44 there are evil impulses.
Obviously [knowing your state] you will not see it.

The Quran is a two-faces reality of good and evil and it depend on who [of certain psychological state] is reading it.
If one has a good disposition, they will most likely to see good, but the person who is evil prone will definitely be inspired by the evil laden elements in the Quran. This is a fact one cannot deny. This is why a religion or spiritual book should not have any active and leading evil laden element at all [like Buddhism and others].

I presume you are familiar with the Rorschach test or Inkblot Test.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test
Where people are given an image and different people with different psychological states will interpret the image differently.
The Rorschach test or Inkblot Test is a psychological test in which subjects' perceptions of inkblots are recorded and then analyzed using psychological interpretation, complex algorithms, or both. Some psychologists use this test to examine a person's personality characteristics and emotional functioning. It has been employed to detect underlying thought disorder, especially in cases where patients are reluctant to describe their thinking processes openly. The test is named after its creator, Swiss psychologist Hermann Rorschach.
The Quran is not an inkblot but a holy book with it share of good and evil [>55%] contents.
Thus the Quran is dualistic and has two truths of either good or evil as like the duck-rabbit image below.

There is only one image above but there are two truths in it.
Depending on one's perspectives and various angles one will either see a duck or a rabbit but never two at the same time.

Objectively there is no denying the Quran contains both the good and evil elements within the same book, ethos and the life of Muhammad.
The fact is 20% of Muslims [as with any large group of humans] are evil prone, that is a frightening pool of 300 million evil prone [of various degrees] Muslims.

Factually and psychologically many from this 300 million are likely to be influenced by the evil laden elements to commit real terrors, evils and violence on non-Muslims and even Muslims. This is already a reality from past to the present and there is nothing much humanity can do about it as long as the Quran remain within the consciousness of 1.5++ billion Muslims.
Well done!

Old 11-19-2015, 12:00 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,052,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Good question. There's tons of evidence. Investigations uncover where they were born, where they lived, which mosques they attended, who their family is, where they have travelled, what is on their computers.....and, they belong to Muslim terrorist groups and those groups claim responsibility. Often, if they are still alive, the terrorist will say they are Muslim.

I can't think of a single time where a terrorist was screaming about Allah and turned out to be a Christian. Do you have any examples?
"investigations" ??

So you believe and put your faith in "word of mouth". You don't have the qualification, ability, and skill to actually see and verify the evidence by yourself. You simply put your faith in word of mouth of someone else, correct?

Old 11-19-2015, 06:59 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,012,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Actually the majority of acts of Terrorism are not by Muslims. The acts of terrorism by Muslims are the only ones the world labels as being "Religion Motivated"

But the Most violence is by non-Muslims, the US alone averages over 14,000 murders annually but as they are not done by Muslims they are not counted as Terrorism

Since the first of this year there has been at least one mass shooting a week. In the past 3 years nearly one mass shooting every day. Over 10 times the deaths of the Paris attacks. But these are not by Muslims so therefore do not count as terrorism

That is in the US alone

World wide Terrorism by Non-Muslims is epidemic. But since they are not by Muslim they do not Qualify to be called terrorism.

This next one is actually from a site I consider unreliable. But since when ever Walid Shoebat says something against Muslims the anti-Islamic sites consider his words the "Gospel Truth"

SOURCE

world wide there is considerably more violence by non-Muslims than by Muslims. But only violence by Muslims is labeled "Terrorism" Therefore there is more Terrorism by Muslims as only violence by Muslims is consistently labeled terrorism.
Sorry, but you're really, really wrong here and you're inability to accept muslim terrorism is disturbing.

Do you understand the difference between a couple of rival gangs fighting over drug turf in the inner city and a radical muslim yelling "ALLAH ACK BAR" before he sprays bullets from and automatic weapon into a crowd of innocent people?

While I'm not condoning gang turf war, it's much, much different than killing innocent people in the name of your religion. Which is nearly 100% of the time what muslims are doing.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:48 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,156,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
"investigations" ??

So you believe and put your faith in "word of mouth". You don't have the qualification, ability, and skill to actually see and verify the evidence by yourself. You simply put your faith in word of mouth of someone else, correct?
LOL, I could say the same about you and Allah. And you don't even have a video of him!

But yes, we have videos and the evidence is collaborated by many sources. We can watch TV and see what is happening in real time. And when caught, these terrorists are proud to brag about Islam and what they are doing.

AGAIN: I can't think of a single time where a terrorist was screaming about Allah and turned out to be a Christian. Do you have any examples?

Old 11-19-2015, 08:20 AM

15,501 posts, read 16,985,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Sorry, but you're really, really wrong here and you're inability to accept muslim terrorism is disturbing.

Do you understand the difference between a couple of rival gangs fighting over drug turf in the inner city and a radical muslim yelling "ALLAH ACK BAR" before he sprays bullets from and automatic weapon into a crowd of innocent people?

While I'm not condoning gang turf war, it's much, much different than killing innocent people in the name of your religion. Which is nearly 100% of the time what muslims are doing.
That is the point.

Criminals are Criminals they come from all walks of life.
Terrorists are criminals It makes no difference if they holler "Allahu Akbah" or "Praise the Lord" or say nothing.

Because a person is a Christian does not mean that is the reason they are criminals
Because a person is an Atheist does not mean that is the reason they are terrorists
Because a person is a Muslim does not mean that is the reason they are criminals.

I spent 45 years of my life as a Christian and never was verbally or physically attacked by a Muslim
I spent 20 years of my life as an Atheist and never was verbally or physically attacked by a Muslim
I spent the past 10 years as a Muslim and almost daily have faced some form of attack- verbal attacks, verbal harassment, physical threats and have even been physically attacked by non-Muslims.

Even on the internet, at an Islamic Forum I will be faced with criticism and condemnation by some non-Muslims almost daily.

Muslims are not going to the Atheist forum, the Judaic forum, the Christian forum or any other forum condemning their belief or disbelief.

Who are the ones acting like radicals and proselytizers?

Old 11-19-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
That is the point.

Terrorists are criminals It makes no difference if they holler "Allahu Akbah" or "Praise the Lord" or say nothing.

Because a person is a Christian does not mean that is the reason they are criminals
Because a person is an Atheist does not mean that is the reason they are terrorists
Because a person is a Muslim does not mean that is the reason they are criminals.

I spent 45 years of my life as a Christian and never was verbally or physically attacked by a Muslim
I spent 20 years of my life as an Atheist and never was verbally or physically attacked by a Muslim
I spent the past 10 years as a Muslim and almost daily have faced some form of attack- verbal attacks, verbal harassment, physical threats and have even been physically attacked by non-Muslims.

Even on the internet, at an Islamic Forum I will be faced with criticism and condemnation by some non-Muslims almost daily.

Muslims are not going to the Atheist forum, the Judaic forum, the Christian forum or any other forum condemning their belief or disbelief.

Of course terrorists are criminals...the worst of criminals. 'Criminal' is a broad definition meaning: of the nature of or involving crime. VERY broad. Terrorism is much more specific.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investi...ism-definition

"Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping;"

What a difference between a common thief or someone who litters....and a terrorist! The difference between a deranged mass murderer and a terrorist is stark.

Muslims commit crimes every day and these crimes are not called terrorist acts. Muslims shoplift, beat their wives, break into houses....the distinguishing factor is "Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping;"

Muslims commit terrorist acts in the name of Islam. Islam encourages terrorism and hate towards disbelievers (non-Muslims). I have relentlessly posted much evidence that you ignore. There are, on average, FIVE deadly Islamic terrorist attacks every day.

Muslims indeed go to Christian forums and condemn their belief or disbelief. They even threaten to slaughter people like me. Take a look around the internet. Muslims slaughter disbelievers on a regular basis.

What I see is that Muslims are handled with kindness. Even in the liberal media reports, who would love to print such stories, violence against Muslims is rare. The fathers of the 1,400 raped girls in he UK did not start slaughtering or beating Muslims. In Paris there is not a mass slaughter of Muslims. There is mostly calls for not blaming Muslims! I do think people are getting fed up with Islam, but so far very little of the frustration has been pointed to the Muslims. If it was, Muslims would not be immigrating to these countries.

Quran 9:123
O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).

Who are the ones acting like radicals and terrorists? Look at Paris.

As I read recently, Muslims are the biggest cry-bullies in the world....they mass slaughter people and then whine that they are the victim.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:36 AM

15,501 posts, read 16,985,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Of course terrorists are criminals...the worst of criminals. 'Criminal' is a broad definition meaning: of the nature of or involving crime. VERY broad. Terrorism is much more specific.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investi...ism-definition

"Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping;"

What a difference between a common thief or someone who litters....and a terrorist! The difference between a deranged mass murderer and a terrorist is stark.

Muslims commit crimes every day and these crimes are not called terrorist acts. Muslims shoplift, beat their wives, break into houses....the distinguishing factor is "Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping;"

Muslims commit terrorist acts in the name of Islam. Islam encourages terrorism and hate towards disbelievers (non-Muslims). I have relentlessly posted much evidence that you ignore. There are, on average, FIVE deadly Islamic terrorist attacks every day.

Muslims indeed go to Christian forums and condemn their belief or disbelief. They even threaten to slaughter people like me. Take a look around the internet. Muslims slaughter disbelievers on a regular basis.

What I see is that Muslims are handled with kindness. Even in the liberal media reports, who would love to print such stories, violence against Muslims is rare. The fathers of the 1,400 raped girls in he UK did not start slaughtering or beating Muslims. In Paris there is not a mass slaughter of Muslims. There is mostly calls for not blaming Muslims! I do think people are getting fed up with Islam, but so far very little of the frustration has been pointed to the Muslims. If it was, Muslims would not be immigrating to these countries.

Quran 9:123
O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him).

Who are the ones acting like radicals and terrorists? Look at Paris.

As I read recently, Muslims are the biggest cry-bullies in the world....they mass slaughter people and then whine that they are the victim.
Thank you for being visible verification of what I said.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek For Truth View Post
holding Quran is no evidence what they are doing is Islamic if I hold the bible in my hand and kill innocent humans is it a evidence that bible teaching me that ? (NO)

according to Islamic teachings ISIS is far far away from Islam for example if you analyze the islamic laws & rules in war or battle field
in war Islam prohibited Killing of Women and children and innocent men (Muslim or non-Muslim) if he is not fighting
Islam even prohibited unnecessary cutting down trees
can not poison drinking water
and not even stops here if enemy kills your whole family your women and children in response you cannot kill his family
if enemy seek peace dont only give it to them also take them to the place of security

These are the brief laws in battle field if ISIS is fulfilling these laws then you can say ISIS is true Islam and if not then they are not true Muslims so its clear they are enemy of Islam not true muslims
Actually, it is evidence. Further, when they are captured, they tout Islam.

Read the verses from the Quran and hadiths that I have posted on this thread.

Regarding women and children:

Following the surrender of the Qurayza stronghold, he ordered the execution of every male child who had reached puberty. His men had the boys drop their pants so that they could chop the head off of anyone with pubic hair (Abu Dawud 4390).

It is reported on the authority of Sa'b b. Jaththama that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him), when asked about the women and children of the polytheists being killed during the night raid, said: “They are from them.” (Sahih Muslim 4322, see also Bukhari 52:256)
This shows that collateral damage of women and children is entirely acceptable if it accomplishes the military goal of spreading Islamic rule. "They are one of them".....that speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Here is a list of people Muhammed slaughtered, or had slaughtered.....there are women on that list.

List of Killings Ordered or Supported by Muhammad - WikiIslam

Muhammed raped Aisha when she was 9 years old. That's pretty bad.

Why not post the verses like I do. That claim of yours about "f enemy seek peace dont only give it to them also take them to the place of security"....

Copy and paste that for me.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
That is the point.

After you take your head out of the sand and realize what your fellow muslims are doing in the name of YOUR religion (will you be a Buddhist next week), you might realize why so many people hate muslims now.
If you want to blame someone for the way you're treated, take a look at 'your' own people.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek For Truth View Post
holding Quran is no evidence what they are doing is Islamic if I hold the bible in my hand and kill innocent humans is it a evidence that bible teaching me that ? (NO)

according to Islamic teachings ISIS is far far away from Islam for example if you analyze the islamic laws & rules in war or battle field
in war Islam prohibited Killing of Women and children and innocent men (Muslim or non-Muslim) if he is not fighting
Islam even prohibited unnecessary cutting down trees
can not poison drinking water
and not even stops here if enemy kills your whole family your women and children in response you cannot kill his family
if enemy seek peace dont only give it to them also take them to the place of security

These are the brief laws in battle field if ISIS is fulfilling these laws then you can say ISIS is true Islam and if not then they are not true Muslims so its clear they are enemy of Islam not true muslims
There was no ISIS on 9/11, yet there were all muslims. There was not ISIS when they tried to blow up the World Trade Center even before 9/11, yet they were all muslims.

isis is only an offshoot of a larger muslim terrorism problem. Over the last 20 years, every terrorist act committed by a muslim, even in the absence of isis, was done in the name of islam. Either you've got way too many crazy people following your religion or there's something wrong with your religion itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.