Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 01:16 PM

283 posts, read 327,445 times

Advertisements

Look, we can argue which religion is right until we're blue in the face. Is it a good idea to simply cut to the chase and ask Allah to show himself to me?

Has anyone ever done this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 02:10 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,163,840 times
"Has anyone ever done this?"

Yup and allah gets pissed. Eternal hell and torture follows. I remember reading about this in the Quran. Let's see what I can find in 5 minutes...

6:157 said the verses should be enough:
Or lest you say, "If only the Scripture had been revealed to us, we would have been better guided than they." So there has [now] come to you a clear evidence from your Lord and a guidance and mercy. Then who is more unjust than one who denies the verses of Allah and turns away from them? We will recompense those who turn away from Our verses with the worst of punishment for their having turned away.

Oh, here's something else:

14: 9-13

Has there not reached you the news of those before you - the people of Noah and 'Aad and Thamud and those after them? No one knows them but Allah . Their messengers brought them clear proofs, but they returned their hands to their mouths and said, "Indeed, we disbelieve in that with which you have been sent, and indeed we are, about that to which you invite us, in disquieting doubt."

Their messengers said, "Can there be doubt about Allah , Creator of the heavens and earth? He invites you that He may forgive you of your sins, and He delays your death for a specified term." They said, "You are not but men like us who wish to avert us from what our fathers were worshipping. So bring us a clear authority."

Their messengers said to them, "We are only men like you, but Allah confers favor upon whom He wills of His servants. It has never been for us to bring you evidence except by permission of Allah . And upon Allah let the believers rely.

And why should we not rely upon Allah while He has guided us to our [good] ways. And we will surely be patient against whatever harm you should cause us. And upon Allah let those who would rely [indeed] rely."

And those who disbelieved said to their messengers, "We will surely drive you out of our land, or you must return to our religion." So their Lord inspired to them, "We will surely destroy the wrongdoers.

So, the disbelievers wanted more evidence since men were telling them all this stuff about the CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE and no more evidence was provided (no god showed up) and the believers threw a threat of destruction at disbelievers and called them wrongdoers.

I know there's more, but vacation is at hand!

Old 09-01-2015, 02:56 PM

144 posts, read 206,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBradu View Post
Look, we can argue which religion is right until we're blue in the face. Is it a good idea to simply cut to the chase and ask Allah to show himself to me?

You can ask but it won't happen.
Moses and some of his people asked that but they couldn't see Allah.

7.173 And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said,
"My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You."
[ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me."
But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious.
And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."

4.153 The People of the Scripture ask you to bring down to them a book from the heaven. But they had asked of Moses [even] greater than that and said, "Show us Allah outright," so the thunderbolt struck them for their wrongdoing.
Then they took the calf [for worship] after clear evidences had come to them, and We pardoned that. And We gave Moses a clear authority.

It is not then permitted in Islam to ask to see God.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:16 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:

The Creator(swt) does not venture into the creation.

While Allaah(swt) knows and sees all that happens in the physical world, he is not in it nor part of it. Instead he sends messages through the Angels or in the form of visions.

As for if he would send an Angel upon request of inspire a vision, there is no need as in the past he sent Messengers to all people and the Qur'an is the final Message. We have all we need to know in order to know he exists, we as individuals have the responsibility to search.for what he has sent.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:27 PM

283 posts, read 327,445 times
In Christianity, people are encouraged to call Gods name

In Islam, "don't disturb him!"

Old 09-02-2015, 12:03 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,642,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazira View Post
You can ask but it won't happen.
Moses and some of his people asked that but they couldn't see Allah.

7.173 And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said,
"My Lord, show me [Yourself] that I may look at You."
[ Allah ] said, "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me."
But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious.
And when he awoke, he said, "Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers."

4.153 The People of the Scripture ask you to bring down to them a book from the heaven. But they had asked of Moses [even] greater than that and said, "Show us Allah outright," so the thunderbolt struck them for their wrongdoing.
Then they took the calf [for worship] after clear evidences had come to them, and We pardoned that. And We gave Moses a clear authority.

It is not then permitted in Islam to ask to see God.
It the verse 7:173 correct.
7:173. Or lest ye should say: (It is) only (that) our fathers ascribed partners to Allah of old and we were (their) seed after them. Wilt Thou destroy us on account of that which those who follow falsehood did?
The Quran rely on the Cosmological Proof to argue for the existence of God, i.e. Allah said, look at all the things you see, that is proof that I [Allah] exists.

It has been demonstrated there is no way God can be proven logically.

Allah can never appear to humans because it is impossible for a God to exists in first place.
100% Certainty God Does Not Exist

This is why a belief in God is called faith, i.e. belief without proofs nor reason.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:18 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
In Christianity, people are encouraged to call Gods name

In Islam, "don't disturb him!"
Not quite true.

We keep in contact with Allaah(swt) in all matters. He is closer to each of us than our own thoughts. He is not here personally but he knows all things we do, think or say. Even if we our self do not know.

He is our source of help in all matters and we do call for his help in all things. We do try to make our life a constant dialogues with Allaah(swt) and see our actions as what we are telling Him(swt)

A Muslims day is filled with conversations with Allaah(swt) Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem (In the name of Allah, the Most giving, the Most merciful)

Old 09-02-2015, 10:29 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:

So seeing is believing?

Old 09-03-2015, 05:21 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,533,793 times
Quote:

I challenge you to ask the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (exact words) to reveal Himself to you. See what happens.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:12 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Looks like Jackson Bradu left the building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam