U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 06:13 PM

907 posts, read 556,236 times

Advertisements

I'm Catholic, I don't understand really what or who these people are supposed to be.

Isa, is a prophet, who I assume is the equivalent of "Jesus"...the 2nd coming of Jesus.
Dajjal is the anti-christ..the false prophet.
And Mahdi is the one who is supposed to help Isa fight Dajjal.
And Yajuj and Majuj? Leaders of two nations, and their nations.

What are the bloodline relationships between all these people. Who is the mother, father, son...father of the mother?

Isa is the son of which two?

Isa's mother is who?

Isa's father is who?

The father of Isa's mother is who?

The father of Isa's father is who?

The mother of Isa's mother is who?

The mother of Isa's father is who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 06:59 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,582,753 times
There is no mention of the Mahdi in the Quran, i.e. the only source of Allah's words.
If Allah did not mention it in the Quran, then the 'Mahdi' can only be a human invention.

Thus whatever is mentioned or discussed about the 'Mahdi' it is not a divine element.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:12 PM

907 posts, read 556,236 times
Regardless, the concept exists and I would like an analysis of each of the terms...

Further, DC is off limits because of it.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:37 PM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
I'm Catholic, I don't understand really what or who these people are supposed to be.

Isa, is a prophet, who I assume is the equivalent of "Jesus"...the 2nd coming of Jesus.
Dajjal is the anti-christ..the false prophet.
And Mahdi is the one who is supposed to help Isa fight Dajjal.
And Yajuj and Majuj? Leaders of two nations, and their nations.

What are the bloodline relationships between all these people. Who is the mother, father, son...father of the mother?

Isa is the son of which two?

Isa's mother is who?

Isa's father is who?

The father of Isa's mother is who?

The father of Isa's father is who?

The mother of Isa's mother is who?

The mother of Isa's father is who?
The opinion of a Muslim---Me

Isa is Jesus(a.s.) Written with the Same root letters as the Hebrew name Yeshuah and with the same Meaning.

His Mother is Mary His birth to be was announced to her by the Angel Gabriel. Mary was a Virgin and Isa was a miraculous birth with no Father.

Mary was from the House of Imran (Aaron).

The earliest Miracles performed by Isa involved his mother Mary. She was faced with accusations of fortification, but the accusations were silenced by Jesus speaking to her accusers when he was only 2 days old. Isa permored many Miracles, most not mentioned in the Bible or Qur'an in addition to speaking as a baby another mircle mentioned in the Qur'an but not in the Bible are of Isa making a bird of clay and breathing life into it.

The Mehdi will be the final Caliph and with Isa(a.s.) will lead all of Mankind to Islam before the final judgement. Mehdi is not a name it is more accuratly written as al-Mahdi which means "The Righteously Guided" We believe he will come near the final days at the time Isa(a.s.) returns.

According to Ahadith he will be descended from the same family Muhammad(saws) is from and his name will be either Mohamed ibn Abdulla, or Abdulla ibn Mohamed.

He is not mentioned in the Qur'an. Only in the Ahadith.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 11-18-2015, 06:18 AM

144 posts, read 107,339 times
In the Quran we don't have the names of everyone.

The father of Mary is called "Imran". The mother of Mary is in the Quran but we don't have her name in it.
The only female name you find in the Quran is Mary.
Her family is called "Imran familly" like said Woodrow Li, because it's related to the father of Aaron "Imran" (Amram).

In some arabic countries christians also use the name of "Isa" for Jesus, in the Bible it's "Yassu' ".

Muslims accept in general the names given in the Bible. Many Imams use those names, for exemple for Anna they say Hannah, they just use the name in the arabic Bible when we don't have them in the Quran.

As for Gog & Magog some said they were Gengis Khan's people, and it's also other people who'll come after Jesus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhul-Qarnayn

They appear in the Qur'an as Yajuj and Majuj, and the Muslim world identified them first with Turkic tribes from Central Asia and later with the Mongols. In modern times they remain associated with apocalyptic thinking, especially in the United States and the Muslim world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog_and_Magog

Muslims have different theories about who are Gog & Magog.
There's very few things about them in the Quran, see Surat 18 (El Kahf).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam