U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 08:08 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,106,889 times

Advertisements

I was dismayed to read this:
" In a suburb of Austin, Texas, leaders of the Islamic Center of Pflugerville on Monday discovered feces and torn pages of the Quran that had been thrown at the door of the mosque. Muslim leaders also encouraged authorities to investigate the act as a hate crime."

Please respect all places of worship. Muslims for the most part are very peace loving, law abiding people. It is embarrassing to me that someone in my community would put feces and ripped pages from a Quran onto another person's place of worship.

Have some respect! How would you feel if someone did this to your church or home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 10:14 PM

3,440 posts, read 1,581,295 times
Agree to no desecration of religious places.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:24 AM

4,015 posts, read 5,062,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
I was dismayed to read this:
" In a suburb of Austin, Texas, leaders of the Islamic Center of Pflugerville on Monday discovered feces and torn pages of the Quran that had been thrown at the door of the mosque. Muslim leaders also encouraged authorities to investigate the act as a hate crime."

Please respect all places of worship. Muslims for the most part are very peace loving, law abiding people. It is embarrassing to me that someone in my community would put feces and ripped pages from a Quran onto another person's place of worship.

Have some respect! How would you feel if someone did this to your church or home?
"Have some respect!"

Boy, if that isn't calling the kettle black.....and muslims wonder why they are getting this kind of backlash.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:35 PM

4,410 posts, read 1,639,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
"Have some respect!"

Boy, if that isn't calling the kettle black.....and muslims wonder why they are getting this kind of backlash.
And why someone in "Pflugerville" have to face discrimination and hate crimes because someone else is doing something in Paris, France, (btw, that's 5000 miles away)? What did the folks of Islamic Community do in "pflugerville" to have their place of worship becomes subject of a hate crime?

Should we punish all Germans for what Hitler did?

Old 11-21-2015, 11:18 PM

10,732 posts, read 31,778,474 times
The so called christians in this country do not speak for everyone. I believe everyone has a right to religious freedom, not just christians.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
The so called christians in this country do not speak for everyone. I believe everyone has a right to religious freedom, not just christians.
Yes.

And it's important to note that practicing of a religion should not automatically be taken as a freedom to shove your ideas down the throat of others, be it Islam, Christianity Judaism Hinduism etc.
Live and let live should be the way for all.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:21 PM

1,601 posts, read 750,644 times
Respect is earned.

respect: a feeling of admiring someone or something that is good, valuable, important, etc.

I am not saying that mosques should be destroyed, but they certainly have not earned respect.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Respect is earned.

lol - looks like you earned quite a lot here.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:25 AM

1,601 posts, read 750,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
lol - looks like you earned quite a lot here.
Yes, I'm surprised at how many people have thanked me for posting.

To stay on topic, did the Nazi's deserve to have their ideology and buildings respected? No. They earned disgust and disrespect and even hatred.

Why would I respect an evil ideology or the people who follow that ideology of evil? Islam demands my slaughter and my torture! Islam demands terrorism and sets an example for rape and slavery and theft and terrorism!

I respect the good, not the evil.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:03 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,106,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Yes, I'm surprised at how many people have thanked me for posting.

To stay on topic, did the Nazi's deserve to have their ideology and buildings respected? No. They earned disgust and disrespect and even hatred.

Why would I respect an evil ideology or the people who follow that ideology of evil? Islam demands my slaughter and my torture! Islam demands terrorism and sets an example for rape and slavery and theft and terrorism!

I respect the good, not the evil.
Islam does not demand your slaughter and your torture. Just as a small segment of Christians can get fanatical and violent, so can a few Muslims.

So lets turn it around - let's use an average Christian church as an example-one near your house. If there were some violent Christian who killed a Muslim would it be ok to go to any random church that happens to be Christian and paint graffiti on it or burn it down to get back at the Christians? Like the one down your street? Because after all the one church that is Christian and violent like Westboro Baptist church for example, then all Christian churches deserve to be treated badly?

No, that does not make sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or