U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 12:17 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,582,067 times

Advertisements

Here is a free copy of an earlier edition offered by the author.

Understanding Muhammad
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...94803ebook.pdf

A Bold and Daring Masterpiece!
The hallmark of a seminal work is that it crystallizes into a single,
overpowering coherence its reader's dark suspicions, ephemeral unease,
and penumbral stirrings. Understanding Muhammad introduces an
organizing principle into what hitherto appeared to be utter mayhem and
lethal chaos. Ali Sina’s book offers an explanatory scheme. One "a-ha"
moment chases another as things fall into place and a causative chain
emerges leading all the way from medieval founder to his current day
followers and emulators. This blood-curdling tome is a sweeping, thought provoking,
and thrilling historical panorama that weaves seamlessly
insights from numerous disciplines: history, mental health, theology,
logics, and more.

Sam Vaknin
March 2009

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 05:00 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,279,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post

Understanding Muhammad

followers and emulators. This blood-curdling tome is a sweeping, thought provoking,
logics, and more.

Sam Vaknin
March 2009

What sources did Ali Sina use for his information?

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 11-20-2015, 08:49 AM

1,601 posts, read 750,908 times
Quote:

Understanding Muhammad

logics, and more.

Sam Vaknin
March 2009

Thank you.

Finding God in a seizure: the link between temporal lobe epilepsy and mysticism - Encounter - ABC Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/arti...l-in-your-head

BBC - Science & Nature - Horizon - God on the Brain

This is an interesting book I read after I was diagnosed with TLE:

http://www.amazon.com/Seized-Eve-LaPlante/dp/0595094317

Luckily, my TLE is pretty boring!

Old 11-20-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
What sources did Ali Sina use for his information?
Ali Sina relied on the following [my rating of the source's reliability in the context of Islam*]

1. Quran [80%]
2. Hadiths [60%]
3. Sira [40%]
4. William Muir's [40%]
5. Many other relevant sources to support various points.

The above references are indicated in the book.
* if in the context of reality, I would rate the Quran, Hadiths & Sira at 0%

I am not saying Ali Sina's book is the 'truth.'
It is his personal views based on Islamic texts which are accepted by the majority of Muslims.

However the book is worth the read because he deduced his views from a wide variety of perspectives which is not done by most who wrote about Muhammad.

The book is worth reading for the materials therein for one to form one's own opinion.
Hope you will read the whole book, you will not be disappointed regardless of whether you agree or disagree with Dr. Ali Sina's views. 'Dr.' not any 'Mr.' Tom, Dick or Harry, thus there is at least some degree of intellectual credibility and objectivity from him.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Ali Sina relied on the following [my rating of the source's reliability in the context of Islam*]

1. Quran [80%]
2. Hadiths [60%]
3. Sira [40%]
4. William Muir's [40%]
5. Many other relevant sources to support various points.

The above references are indicated in the book.
* if in the context of reality, I would rate the Quran, Hadiths & Sira at 0%

I am not saying Ali Sina's book is the 'truth.'
It is his personal views based on Islamic texts which are accepted by the majority of Muslims.

However the book is worth the read because he deduced his views from a wide variety of perspectives which is not done by most who wrote about Muhammad.

The book is worth reading for the materials therein for one to form one's own opinion.
Hope you will read the whole book, you will not be disappointed regardless of whether you agree or disagree with Dr. Ali Sina's views. 'Dr.' not any 'Mr.' Tom, Dick or Harry, thus there is at least some degree of intellectual credibility and objectivity from him.
I lost both respect and belief of most of what is attributed to Ali Sina a long time ago. Begining when I discovered he is not a person but is a Nom de Plume for a well organized group of Islam haters.

I am certain his book has a large amount of truth, but I have found that often works attributed to Ali Sina are not the full story.

I will not tell anyone to not read him, I only ask that they do their best to verify all he claims and not follow him blindly.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I lost both respect and belief of most of what is attributed to Ali Sina a long time ago. Begining when I discovered he is not a person but is a Nom de Plume for a well organized group of Islam haters.

I am certain his book has a large amount of truth, but I have found that often works attributed to Ali Sina are not the full story.

I will not tell anyone to not read him, I only ask that they do their best to verify all he claims and not follow him blindly.
Do you think that ANYTHING that Muhammed did was evil, wrong, bad? If so, what.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:

What proofs have you that Ali Sina is not a person?
I can infer from his writings, debates, postings and they way they are posted he is one person and not a group of person.

I don't agree with every views of Ali Sina, but what he posted can always be verified to the original sources of the references he always provided.
If he quotes from the Quran, Hadiths, & Sira, there is no way he can put in his own words to sway the crowd. If he had been blatantly deceptively he would not be around for that long.

I recommend you read the book, it is worth the time for merely the materials he used [appropriately referenced].

Old 11-20-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Do you think that ANYTHING that Muhammed did was evil, wrong, bad? If so, what.
I believe many non-Muslims believe Muhammad(saws) was a very evil person. I used to believe the same thing at one time.

I have since learned that if one understands the Qur'an and Ahadith are messages of peace and non-violence they are able to find that there is no indication Muhammad(saws) ever committed an evil deed.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I believe many non-Muslims believe Muhammad(saws) was a very evil person. I used to believe the same thing at one time.

I have since learned that if one understands the Qur'an and Ahadith are messages of peace and non-violence they are able to find that there is no indication Muhammad(saws) ever committed an evil deed.
How is this a message of peace and non-violence:

These are two adversaries who have disputed over their Lord. But those who disbelieved will have cut out for them garments of fire. Poured upon their heads will be scalding water..By which is melted that within their bellies and [their] skins...And for [striking] them are maces of iron. Every time they want to get out of Hellfire from anguish, they will be returned to it, and [it will be said], "Taste the punishment of the Burning Fire!"

Quran 19-22

We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve for what they have associated with Allah of which He had not sent down [any] authority. And their refuge will be the Fire, and wretched is the residence of the wrongdoers.

Quran 3:151

How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they slept at noon, Our terror came unto them.

Quran 7:4

And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

Quran 9:5

Do you really look at the endless torture that allah threatens with as peace and non-violence? Is killing and torturing and raping and burning mean non-violence to you?

Isn't rape and sex with a child and slavery and slaughter and terrorism evil?

Seriously, there is verse after verse like this in the Quran. Hundreds of them. How can you evade reality like this? Can you really look at what Muslims are doing all over the world RIGHT NOW and pretend that it has nothing to do with Islam? How many deaths will it take? How many terrorist attacks? How many Muslims slaughtered by other Muslims? The death count is over 10 MILLION since 1946. How can you evade this?

If there is a god, he weeps at the sight of Islam.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:

From the above, before you were are Muslim you were a truthful person and very human.

It is very unfortunate after you became a Muslim you are now in denial and living with a lie.
I can understand this as being a Muslim you have to deny it.

In the Quran, there is indication Muhammad by subliminal coercion "stole" his adopted son's wife [Zainab] after being aroused from seeing her semi-naked and lusted after her. The Quran stated such an 'immoral' move was approved by God.
How can a God [supposedly Omni-moral] ever approve of such thing?
Fact is, those verses were none other than motivated from Muhammad's lust for Zainab's body.
This is obviously one immoral and evil deed [amongst many others] committed by Muhammad.

I anticipate you will NEVER ever see the truth of such an immoral deed above.
Hopefully someday you will wake up to it.

Last edited by Continuum; 11-20-2015 at 09:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or