Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 01:40 PM

40 posts, read 26,346 times

Advertisements

With so much going on lately , what do you think Islam's reputation would look like in the near future ?

1)-I see many muslim men becoming more and more unrespectful towards muslim women ( beating , raping , marrying for money or social status ... )

2)-Muslim women are dressing increasingly like woman in the west , and this is happening for many reasons and the main one is that some muslim men start finding western women more attractive and form relationships with them which leads muslim women to dress "seductively " even with hijab to attract men. This is the case for muslims in North Africa.

3)-Due to poor economic conditions in the Arab World and the rising of corruption and unemployement levels in these countries , we see more muslims resorting to illegal ways to get money.

4)-The terrorist groups that keep attacking non-muslims countries and the muslims as well : Syria , Iraq , Libya...Hundreds of victims are registred in these countries which go unnoticed because the media keep their focus dircted toward attacks on Developped Western countries .

There are other points to discuss but IMO these are the most important ones , all of them are making Islam seem like a terrorist religion which inhibits women's ability to enjoy their rights , this may lead even muslim people except the true believers to become atheists and i've seen many cases in some countries especially in North Africa.

So where Islam is heading ? and what should the minority that hold on strongly to their faith and believes that none of the above is what Islam is about to restore people's trust in their religion ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 04:57 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyal_Heart View Post
With so much going on lately , what do you think Islam's reputation would look like in the near future ?

1)-I see many muslim men becoming more and more unrespectful towards muslim women ( beating , raping , marrying for money or social status ... )

2)-Muslim women are dressing increasingly like woman in the west , and this is happening for many reasons and the main one is that some muslim men start finding western women more attractive and form relationships with them which leads muslim women to dress "seductively " even with hijab to attract men. This is the case for muslims in North Africa.

3)-Due to poor economic conditions in the Arab World and the rising of corruption and unemployement levels in these countries , we see more muslims resorting to illegal ways to get money.

4)-The terrorist groups that keep attacking non-muslims countries and the muslims as well : Syria , Iraq , Libya...Hundreds of victims are registred in these countries which go unnoticed because the media keep their focus dircted toward attacks on Developped Western countries .

There are other points to discuss but IMO these are the most important ones , all of them are making Islam seem like a terrorist religion which inhibits women's ability to enjoy their rights , this may lead even muslim people except the true believers to become atheists and i've seen many cases in some countries especially in North Africa.

So where Islam is heading ? and what should the minority that hold on strongly to their faith and believes that none of the above is what Islam is about to restore people's trust in their religion ?
I see more and more people learning the truth about Islam. Before 9-11, no one had a clue who Muhammed was or what he did. Now more people know. The internet has been a catalyst for learning. Same with the Quran. Most people now know that Islam is not a religion of peace....to claim that these days is pretty much a joke.

From my experience on the internet and in the streets, more and more people are fed up with Islam and I think there may well eventually be a civil war against Islam. Islamic terrorist attacks will spread and become more deadly. Muslims will demand Shariah Law in Western countries. Muslims will continue to riot and rape. Just more of what they do today.

It will take a lot more of this before people rise up en masse against Islam. People from the west are individualists and hate to judge against other individuals. They may hate Islam, but they will give Muslims the benefit of the doubt....until they reach a certain point. A few are reaching that point now but so far there is no organization like Muslims have.

You have to realize that the Quran IS full of hate and incites violence against non-Muslims. The hadiths make things worse. The evidence is right in those writings. You can't pretend they are not what they are and be credible. Muhammed was a monster. A is A.

I think Islam will lose the war, but right now it's weapons are the media, Obama and his ilk, political correctness and the non-Muslims that want so very much to believe Islam isn't what it is. Until non-Muslims start organizing Islam will win the battles. It's going to be ugly.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:16 PM

144 posts, read 206,739 times
You say that muslim women dress more like in the west to seduce men, but do you really know the countries you're talking about ?
If i show you some links about how were the arab countries in the 60's or even before you would be shocked.
I can give you many links on how they are dressed there's not so much differences, except in the rural areas where people are more traditionnal, but i've seen some changes since 10 years now.
And by the way muslim men in general want to be with someone of their country.
This is something that i noticed a lot : they date western women but they don't marry them most of time.

The reason why women dress more like that is for those principal reasons : tv, internet
If i show you the video clips on arab tv and the arab stars you'll understand why some want to copy them and i'm sure some will be very astonished.
They also watch a looooooot western tv, because they have those foreign chanels since many years.
They are just like any other women and want to follow the fashion. I know that quite well, i saw the evolution.
Men are not the main reason like you said.

As for the reason why it's unnoticed concerning the muslim victims of the terrorists, i think it's because people don't identified themselves to people who are different. Or maybe becaus they always have a negative image of those countries or they never had a picture of how the country and the people looked like.

If you have asked people about arabs 15-20 years ago they'd probably say : sultan, harem, bellydancing, Lawrence of Arabia, desert, etc
Now people think : terrorist, niqab, burka - for muslim in general not only for arabs alone.

The points above concerning corruption etc this is something that we can see everywhere else.

I think muslims will have maybe more problems in the future and we'll face probably more discrimination but people will stay muslims.
Christians didn't left their religion when some of their own became violents, because they know their religion. We know our religion.

I think the reason why we are in this situation is mainly because of our corrupted leaders.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:19 PM

144 posts, read 206,739 times
Juju always answearing at the place of the muslims.
This is not in the general discussion but in "Islam" for a reason, some people actually are interested by our opinion.
Or we gonna let you all discuss between yourselves.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:22 PM

96 posts, read 67,323 times
Nothing. it will grow, just as Christianity will.

However, I believe Muslims will be less welcome in the West.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
I see more and more people learning the truth about Islam. Before 9-11, no one had a clue who Muhammed was or what he did. Now more people know. The internet has been a catalyst for learning. Same with the Quran. Most people now know that Islam is not a religion of peace....to claim that these days is pretty much a joke.

From my experience on the internet and in the streets, more and more people are fed up with Islam and I think there may well eventually be a civil war against Islam. Islamic terrorist attacks will spread and become more deadly. Muslims will demand Shariah Law in Western countries. Muslims will continue to riot and rape. Just more of what they do today.

It will take a lot more of this before people rise up en masse against Islam. People from the west are individualists and hate to judge against other individuals. They may hate Islam, but they will give Muslims the benefit of the doubt....until they reach a certain point. A few are reaching that point now but so far there is no organization like Muslims have.

You have to realize that the Quran IS full of hate and incites violence against non-Muslims. The hadiths make things worse. The evidence is right in those writings. You can't pretend they are not what they are and be credible. Muhammed was a monster. A is A.

I think Islam will lose the war, but right now it's weapons are the media, Obama and his ilk, political correctness and the non-Muslims that want so very much to believe Islam isn't what it is. Until non-Muslims start organizing Islam will win the battles. It's going to be ugly.
Did you read the Quran and search the real meaning behind the verses you're claiming to incite violence and hate ? or you're just reposting what others say in other threads about it ? because if this is the case then i invite you to search well before making such statements. If Quran were to incite violence you'd find every single muslim fighting every single non-muslim out there , which i find highly illogical.I'm not defending the terrorists , but i know exactly why people are joining them and the media is doing a great job blaming muslims for every attack and bombarding that's happening .

Old 11-25-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazira View Post
I think muslims will have maybe more problems in the future and we'll face probably more discrimination but people will stay muslims.
Christians didn't left their religion when some of their own became violents, because they know their religion. We know our religion.

I think the reason why we are in this situation is mainly because of our corrupted leaders.
I couldn't agree more , i see people blaming Islam for the economic and social conditions of the Middle East and North Africa. In fact, the Arab leaders are weak and hesistent , and also promote hate towards muslims without being aware of it.

Old 11-25-2015, 05:59 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:

Same as it was back when first established. Religions rarely die, they grow. The people that believe die.

There have been conflicts with Islam for how long? Has it changed drastically? Not as I can see. The Christian Religion is more apt to change than that of Muslims. Followers may adapt more to western Traditions, if they live among us, but the basic Homes of Islam, will always have the Fundamentalists, and promote the original ways.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Did you read the Quran and search the real meaning behind the verses you're claiming to incite violence and hate ? or you're just reposting what others say in other threads about it ? because if this is the case then i invite you to search well before making such statements. If Quran were to incite violence you'd find every single muslim fighting every single non-muslim out there , which i find highly illogical.I'm not defending the terrorists , but i know exactly why people are joining them and the media is doing a great job blaming muslims for every attack and bombarding that's happening .
Yes, indeed I did. I also understand abrogation as it applies to the Quran. I studied history, observed what Muslims are doing in Europe, held discussions with about 3,000 Muslims. I read books and articles both pro and con. I watched many videos and some documentaries, also.

But maybe you know more than I so. Here is something from the Quran that is connected to hadith. What does it mean?

The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives.

Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

Also, how many verses in the Quran talk about endless torture for disbelievers?

Also, have you read the hadiths? If so, can you answer these questions:

1. What did the child Aisha clean off Muhammed's clothes?
2. What part of his body did Muhammed make children and infants suck on?
3. Name a woman that Muhammed raped.
4. Where on her body did Muhammed hit Aisha, his child bride?
5. How old was Aisha when Muhammed started having sex with her? Extra credit: How old was Muhammed?
6. Name three things muhammed and his men did to women captives.
7. When Muhammed attacked Qurayza, boys w/pubic hair were..what?
8. What did Muhammed get in exchange for women that he sold?
9. Name a slave that Muhammed impregnated.
10. What did Muhammed do to Aisha in the bathtub while she was on her menses?

Old 11-25-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
If Quran were to incite violence you'd find every single muslim fighting every single non-muslim out there , which i find highly illogical.I'm not defending the terrorists , but i know exactly why people are joining them and the media is doing a great job blaming muslims for every attack and bombarding that's happening .
Here is where you are wrong. If Muslims did terrorist acts all the time in the West, they would be kicked out. They have to grow in number. Here is an article that explains what happens when the Muslim population increases:

FrontPage Magazine - What Islam Isn't

As far as the media, it is mostly liberal. It will not even say 'Muslims' or 'Islam'. It's 'radical Islam' and 'radical Muslims'. In fact, the media takes your side and proclaims that Islam is peaceful (and we laugh at them). Our presidents (Bush and Obama) defend Islam and Muslims.

In fact, can you give me some quotes from Obama praising Islam?

Muslims are coming to western countries and ruining them. Sweden is now the rape capital of the world. Muslim gangs raped girls in the UK and the UK police covered it up because of political correctness!! Paris. 09-11. Boston. Over 27,000 DEADLY Islamic terrorist attacks since 9-11. 10 MILLION Muslims slaughtered by Muslims since 1946.

Tell me....how many Islamic terrorist attacks has Paris suffered? How many rapes must we endure at the hands of Muslim gangs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam