Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 02:50 AM

88 posts, read 49,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
bulmabriefs144
evil prone Muslims [at least 20%] who support and pledge allegiance to ISIS.
brother is there any survey done that showed 20% mulims pledged their allegiance to ISIS ? I live in a Muslim community and so far i never come across a single Muslim who spoke in favor of ISIS in fact All scholars condemned ISIS, they are not representing Islam and 1.6 billion Muslims. 20% is sixteen million Muslims. People who speak in favor of ISIS are no more then 1% i guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 09:13 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by int007 View Post
brother is there any survey done that showed 20% mulims pledged their allegiance to ISIS ? I live in a Muslim community and so far i never come across a single Muslim who spoke in favor of ISIS in fact All scholars condemned ISIS, they are not representing Islam and 1.6 billion Muslims. 20% is sixteen million Muslims. People who speak in favor of ISIS are no more then 1% i guess.
There was a poll given in 11 countries. In that Poll 80$ of the Muslims disapproved of ISIS. However the anti-Islam sites grabbed that and say it means 20% approved of ISIS. A misuse of a Poll

I believe this is the poll they are looking at

Most dislike ISIS in Muslim countries | Pew Research Center

Old 12-10-2015, 10:51 AM

In this survey there are Buddhists and Christians who also spoke in favor of ISIS, I wonder why
Attached Thumbnails
Peace is Death-ft_15.11.17_isis.png  

Old 12-10-2015, 11:13 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,099,416 times
Maybe it's more like the idea of making our peace with, or 'submitting to' getting old.

I can rant and torment myself and others about my near future as an old person

Or I can accept it as the natural course of life. That is to say, I can submit to getting old. Work to make it a healthy and productive season of life, learn to savor the quiet dignity of it.

Once I "submit" to getting older, then I can begin to actually enjoy and thrive in it. Much better than disgruntlement, vainly seeking youth, and resenting young people. Is that "submission"? Absolutely! Does it bring me peace and wellbeing to accept getting old? Absolutely!

Getting old "just is". I can't change it, fighting against only brings discontent. So I choose to age triumphantly and with grace.

Maybe if we non-Muslims an think of "submitting to the laws of nature" as somewhat similar to how Muslims use the word "submission" on Islam... Then perhaps we can see how it can be about making peace in a wholesome way

$0.02 cheerfully refundable

Old 12-10-2015, 02:55 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post
Maybe it's more like the idea of making our peace with, or 'submitting to' getting old.

I can rant and torment myself and others about my near future as an old person

Or I can accept it as the natural course of life. That is to say, I can submit to getting old. Work to make it a healthy and productive season of life, learn to savor the quiet dignity of it.

Once I "submit" to getting older, then I can begin to actually enjoy and thrive in it. Much better than disgruntlement, vainly seeking youth, and resenting young people. Is that "submission"? Absolutely! Does it bring me peace and wellbeing to accept getting old? Absolutely!

Getting old "just is". I can't change it, fighting against only brings discontent. So I choose to age triumphantly and with grace.

Maybe if we non-Muslims an think of "submitting to the laws of nature" as somewhat similar to how Muslims use the word "submission" on Islam... Then perhaps we can see how it can be about making peace in a wholesome way

You are quite correct

Essentially that is how we view submission to Allaah(swt). Yes, it is possible for Muslims and non-Muslims to live along side eachother is peace.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:03 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,163,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post

Except for this. A few years ago I decided to learn about Islam. The first thing I did was read the Quran. I encourage everyone to do this. I found that the Quran was full of threats with 'Allah' telling the disbelievers about the endless torture he was going to do to them and other incitement to violence against disbelievers. The Quran is complete garbage, poorly written, full of scientific nonsense and irrationality. Any of the very few more peaceful verses are abrogated, wiped out, by later verses of hate against disbelievers.

Next, I read the hadiths; the Islamic writings about Muhammed's life. I learned that Muhammed had sex (raped) a little 9 year old child. Muhammed and his gang would attack villages, slaughter or capture the men and then rape the women, sometimes in front of their captive husbands and encouraged to do this by Allah. Then the women would be enslaves, or sold. Muhammed also raped women and would give out captive women as booty prizes. Muhammed had people slaughtered if they made fun of him. He was a thief and also owned and traded slaves. And more. I was shocked and sickened. I'll happily post any of these verses if you like.

I read some history and a lot of articles.

Then I started talking to Muslims with the assumption that somehow they knew nothing about all this. Over the course of four years I communicated with almost 3,000 'moderate' Muslims. This is what I learned:

- Even the most 'moderate' Muslim, the ones who say they hate ISIS, firmly believe that all disbelievers deserve Allah's horrible torture for all eternity. Allah warned us and if we make the wrong choice, we need to roast.

- Muslims know. They know what Muhammed did and they know what is in the Quran. The often pretend to be ignorant and will accuse me of lying when I post verses from the Quran or hadiths, but when I ask THEM to post the verses, they refuse. Always. Never once has a Muslim said, "OMG, I had no idea this was in the Quran", or "I am horrified to learn this about Muhammed."

- Muslims are taught how to argue. It's the same arguments over and over. Translation or context issues, false hadiths, Christianity is just as evil, etc, etc.
http://www.islam-watch.org/home/163-...arguments.html
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Responses_...mmad_and_Aisha

- No Muslims will say that Muhammed was wrong to rape, have sex with a child, own and trade slaves, sell women, demand terrorism, have people slaughtered, etc. Not one Muslim would judge Muhammed as anything but a perfect example.

- The nicest Muslim will become hateful if asked the right questions. I cannot count the number of times Muslims threatened to slaughter me and my family.

- Muslims play dirty. They gang up to have people banned from forums if that person speaks against Islam. They lie often and well. If you prove them wrong, they will ignore your evidence and stick with the lie or go on to a new one.

I often hear people compare Muslims to Germans. That's a false analogy. The analogy should be to compare 'moderate' Muslims to Nazis who have not yet killed any Jews.

I do not think sex with children rape, murder, slavery, selling women, etc, are just natural. I think these things are evil.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:01 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,642,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by int007 View Post
In this survey there are Buddhists and Christians who also spoke in favor of ISIS, I wonder why
I don't know what is the context and the statements in those polls.
However based on the core pacifist principles of Buddhism and Christianity, there is no way a Buddhist-proper will support ISIS and even Islam. Nevertheless genuine Buddhists and Christians will definitely respect the basic human dignity [basic rights] of all humans thus including Muslims.

If you are familiar with the principles of a Normal Distribution, the fact is there will always be a percentile of extreme variables on both side of the distribution or graph.
Therefore there is no exception for Buddhists and Christians where are there a small percentile of the worst kind of evil Buddhists and Christians. Note this is about human nature and has no bearing on the core principles of Buddhism and Christianity.

Thus it is likely for a small percentile of extreme and perverted Buddhists who supported ISIS but they are not doing it because they rely on the Buddhist scriptures.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Continuum Wrote:
I don't know what is the context and the statements in those polls.
Yeah I dont know as well, what is the context and the statements in those polls where people claim 20% of Muslims gave statement in favor of ISIS

Old 12-11-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
juju33312 Wrote
I learned that Muhammed had sex (raped) a little 9 year old child
full of scientific nonsense and irrationality.
your statement About Ayesha(RA) marriage with Muhammad(PBUH)is based on assumption or lack of knowledge. In this age of Science you should have known that if a girl reaches puberty at the age of 9 there is nothing to be alarmed off. In Islam the age of marriage is when boy or girl reaches puberty and age of puberty differs like 9/10/14/15/ according to their environment and diet . In USA age of marriage is different in some states like in Taxas its 14 there is nothing wrong with that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of..._United_States
http://www.medicinenet.com/puberty/article.htm

And brother I dont know which Book you read but there is not a single Scientific fact which contradicts Quran.

Last edited by int007; 12-11-2015 at 12:43 AM..

Old 12-11-2015, 03:25 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There was a poll given in 11 countries. In that Poll 80$ of the Muslims disapproved of ISIS. However the anti-Islam sites grabbed that and say it means 20% approved of ISIS. A misuse of a Poll

I believe this is the poll they are looking at

Most dislike ISIS in Muslim countries | Pew Research Center
Doesn't ISIS still market itself as saving persecuted Syrian Sunnis from the dictator Assad? I think too many people in the West totally discount that part of ISIS's marketing. It is partly "thrill killing" but done in the guise of helping give people "like you" have the freedom to be "true Muslims".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam