U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-13-2015, 12:35 PM
 
88 posts, read 35,064 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

Quote:
juju33312 Wrote:
sperm Originates Between the Backbone and Ribs[edit]
Main Article: Qur'an and Semen Production
The Qur'an states, incorrectly, that semen originates from a spot between the backbone and ribs. Today we know sperm comes from the testicles and semen from the pelvic region, which is not between the spine and ribs.

He is created from a drop emitted- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs
Qur'an 86:6-7

The Qur'an's author did not mention the role of the ovum in human reproduction and appears to have no knowledge of it. This verse fails to mention the important role of the female egg, or ovum, plays in the reproduction of humankind. It implies that reproduction is caused simply by the male semen. The human ovum is very small, though visible to the human eye, and it's purpose wasn't understood in the 7th century. Again, we are left wondering why an all-knowing deity would omit such information.

He is created from a drop emitted
Qur'an 86:6
Humans Created from a Clot of Blood[edit]


Bones are Formed before Flesh[edit]
Main Article: Embryology in the Qur'an
The Qur'an explains that the bones of a human embryo are formed first and then covered up with flesh. Modern scientific studies and research have shown that the bones and muscles of a developing fetus are formed simultaneously.

Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones then (not and) clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!
Qur'an 23:14
What I was not expecting from you that you will bring EMBRYOLOGY to prove that Quran has scientific errors, really ? are you from earth or live in mars ? have you not researched ? no problem, Here is the Truth, Miracles of Quran proved 100% correct not from a Muslim this is from
Professor Keith L. Moore
PhD, DSc, FIAC, FRSM, FAAA
The American Association of Clinical Anatomists awarded Dr. Moore, the previous president, with their Honored Member Award (in 1994).[7][8] The American Association of Anatomists awarded him the Henry Gray/Elsevier Distinguished Educator Award in 2007 for human anatomy education in the anatomical sciences.[2][3][9]
The Queens Diamond Jubilee Medal was awarded to Dr. Moore in Barrie in 2012



Watch and listen Carefully, if you want to know the truth


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFq6E0l2J4U

Now tell me who could have known this 1400 years ago. After all these signs if someone still fool himself and do not believe then Allah says in the Quran:
Quran Surah Al Baqarah 2:7
Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur).

Quran Surah Al Baqarah 2:10
In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).

Quran Surah Al Baqarah 2:17
Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see.

Quran Surah Al Baqarah 2:18
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-13-2015, 02:59 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 753,368 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by int007 View Post
What I was not expecting from you that you will bring EMBRYOLOGY to prove that Quran has scientific errors, really ? are you from earth or live in mars ? have you not researched ? no problem, Here is the Truth, Miracles of Quran proved 100% correct not from a Muslim this is from
Professor Keith L. Moore
PhD, DSc, FIAC, FRSM, FAAA
The American Association of Clinical Anatomists awarded Dr. Moore, the previous president, with their Honored Member Award (in 1994).[7][8] The American Association of Anatomists awarded him the Henry Gray/Elsevier Distinguished Educator Award in 2007 for human anatomy education in the anatomical sciences.[2][3][9]
The Queens Diamond Jubilee Medal was awarded to Dr. Moore in Barrie in 2012



Watch and listen Carefully, if you want to know the truth


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFq6E0l2J4U

Now tell me who could have known this 1400 years ago. After all these signs if someone still fool himself and do not believe then Allah says in the Quran:
Quran Surah Al Baqarah 2:7
Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur).

Quran Surah Al Baqarah 2:10
In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).

Quran Surah Al Baqarah 2:17
Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness. So they could not see.

Quran Surah Al Baqarah 2:18
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path).
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

However, let's take a look.

1. This guy is the ONLY embryologist directly quoted by Islamic sources in an attempt to prove embryology as described in the Qur'an is scientifically correct. Why aren't there many more?

2. The Saudi government lined his pocket for doing nothing but letting them use his name.

3. The co-writer of Moore's book is Abdul Majeed al-Zindani and he has STRONG ties to terrorism.

4. The result of Moore's and Zindani's collaboration is not an academic book and subsequent editions omit and contradict the "Islamic additions". Reverting back to his previous description, they basically admit that the embryology in the Qur'an is a repetition of Greek and Indian medicine. For example, in 1986 he wrote that "The drop or nutfa [in Surah 23:13] has been interpreted as the sperm or spermatozoon, but a more meaningful interpretation would be the zygote which divides to form a blastocyst which is implanted in the uterus ("a place of rest"),"[8] but in the 8th edition of The Developing Human (published 2007), he writes that "Growth of science was slow during the medieval period... human beings [according to the Qur'an] are produced from a mixture of secretions from the male and female. Several references are made to the creation of a human being from a nutfa (small drop). It also states that the resulting organism settles in the womb like a seed, 6 days after its beginning."

This shows that Moore's previous statements on embryology in the Qur'an were not based on science, but merely the result of patronage by the Saudi royal family.

5. Moore's current CV does not reflect any involvement with Islam, the Qur'an or Islamic embryology. It also omits mentioning the 3rd edition of The Developing Human and its connections to Islamic terrorists. Nor does he mention his lecture in Saudi Arabia or any of his Islam-related activities in Muslim-majority countries.

In 2002, Moore declined to be interviewed by the Wall Street Journal on the subject of his work on Islam, stating that "it's been ten or eleven years since I was involved in the Qur'an."[

So if all you can do is dredge up one paid off terrorist related joke who changed his mind....OK. That's all your fellow Muslims can do.

You could not name even one university that uses the Quran as a science textbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2015, 05:27 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 753,368 times
Reputation: 435
Interesting article:
Elder Of Ziyon - Israel News: How Muslims misrepresent Western science as supporting the Koran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2015, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,587,520 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by int007 View Post
lol you mistaken Quran as book of Science, Quran is not a book of Science, it is the Book of Signs. You will not find scientific theories in this book, there are signs for humans. did you expect theories of Albert Eienstine

I did not know about giving credit to the site and the that site is not the original author because there are commentaries of different scholars in that article, anyway I will ensure it in future.
int007 brother,
wake up and don't insult your intelligence with this Quranic signs and Science correlation.


The attempt to correlate with the certain elements in the verses with Science is like forcing round pegs into square holes. It will never work.
I believe this attempt to match whatever is written in the Quran with Scientific theories is to prove that the Quran is from God who is omniscience [all knowing], omnipresent [present everywhere] and omnipotent [all powerful]. It will not work because logically an all powerful god would have the ability to simplify the scientific facts and present it clearly so there is no doubts about it.
Allah stated the Quran was voiced in Arabic so that all Arabs and Arabic speakers can understand it easily. But Muslims [Moore, Bucaille, others] has to twist and turn the verses to match the scientific fact. Even then they cannot get it right.


The real reasons why Muslims are making such an attempt is due to their weak psychology of low self esteem, confirmation bias, inoculation theory, etc. to establish consonance and security when things don't seem right. These are the tricks of the brain and mind, i.e. to tune what is perceived to what the mind is compel to believe for some psychological reasons.
This is similar to why people see faces on toasted bread, the moon, and everywhere when there are no real faces. The other example is the seeing of ghosts and various apparitions when such things don't exists.


So don't insult your intelligence with this Quranic signs and Science correlation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2015, 08:09 AM
 
88 posts, read 35,064 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
int007 brother,
wake up and don't insult your intelligence with this Quranic signs and Science correlation.


The attempt to correlate with the certain elements in the verses with Science is like forcing round pegs into square holes. It will never work.
I believe this attempt to match whatever is written in the Quran with Scientific theories is to prove that the Quran is from God who is omniscience [all knowing], omnipresent [present everywhere] and omnipotent [all powerful]. It will not work because logically an all powerful god would have the ability to simplify the scientific facts and present it clearly so there is no doubts about it.
Allah stated the Quran was voiced in Arabic so that all Arabs and Arabic speakers can understand it easily. But Muslims [Moore, Bucaille, others] has to twist and turn the verses to match the scientific fact. Even then they cannot get it right.


The real reasons why Muslims are making such an attempt is due to their weak psychology of low self esteem, confirmation bias, inoculation theory, etc. to establish consonance and security when things don't seem right. These are the tricks of the brain and mind, i.e. to tune what is perceived to what the mind is compel to believe for some psychological reasons.
This is similar to why people see faces on toasted bread, the moon, and everywhere when there are no real faces. The other example is the seeing of ghosts and various apparitions when such things don't exists.


So don't insult your intelligence with this Quranic signs and Science correlation.
lol if you believe that God Almighty should have revealed everything then you are living in Disney Land, Quran is like a telegraphic msg with Signs, if God had revealed everything then a room would have been filled with Quran. God Almighty gave you brain for what? obviously to use it and if God Almighty had revealed everything then where is the Test ? God Almighty Created humans and sent them to Earth for test and those who will pass the test will be rewarded and those who failed and disbelieved will be punished.

Quran is a Book for whole of humanity and it should pass every age and time, since this is the age of Science and Technology, There is not a single Scientific fact which is against Quran no matter how much critics of Islam tried they could not find anything which is against the established facts of Science. The more they criticizing Islam the more it is spreading. Islam is the fastest growing religion on the face of the earth and specially in west where Islam was more criticized which is really bothering them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2015, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,587,520 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by int007 View Post
lol if you believe that God Almighty should have revealed everything then you are living in Disney Land, Quran is like a telegraphic msg with Signs, if God had revealed everything then a room would have been filled with Quran. God Almighty gave you brain for what? obviously to use it and if God Almighty had revealed everything then where is the Test ? God Almighty Created humans and sent them to Earth for test and those who will pass the test will be rewarded and those who failed and disbelieved will be punished.

Quran is a Book for whole of humanity and it should pass every age and time, since this is the age of Science and Technology, There is not a single Scientific fact which is against Quran no matter how much critics of Islam tried they could not find anything which is against the established facts of Science. The more they criticizing Islam the more it is spreading. Islam is the fastest growing religion on the face of the earth and specially in west where Islam was more criticized which is really bothering them.
I did not say God [if it exists] should reveal everything.
However, if God were to reveal something like where the sperm came from and how the embryo is formed, God [all powerful and all capable] should have presented the points clearly even an idiot can understand.
I could explain where the sperm come from easily to the average Arab Joe in the 7th century and even an idiot can understand, i.e.;
1. Where the sperm come from?
2. Note that limp meat rod jutting out of a man's lower body which get very hard and expand when the man see a sexy woman.
3. Below and almost between the legs are two almond fruit shaped nuts within a sag of skins.
4. That is why the sperm come from in a human.
5. QED
I am sure the above can be summarized in a short version and better still convey the message if the Arabs in the 7th century has a specific words for testicles, .e.g. the conventional easily understood term 'balls.' Do you know the Arabic word for testicles, was that word used in the 7th Century in Arabia?


If I can explain the above so clearly even an idiot can understand why must God present the point in such a misleading way and got it wrong?


I have read the Quran very extensively. The Quran highlighted the awesomeness of day and night [emphasized many times], the heavens, Earth, Universe, the whole cosmos that are created by Allah. This and many other signs are sufficient to convince the average Arab Joe then, Allah is great. There is no need to brag Allah knew where the sperm came from, how the embryo was from and other specific [so-claimed] scientific details. Such scientific claims [not intended by Allah] only embarrassed your Allah.


It is only those Muslims who has low self esteem, insecure and intellectually immature who want to use certain elements in the Quran to reconcile with Science and end up embarrassing Allah and Islam. I suggest you raise your awareness and do not insult your own intelligence in buying into the signs = Science bullsh:t. Rather a more advanced argument is to resort to the Cosmological Argument [taking the whole universe into consideration rather than minor points] for the existence of God.


No one would criticize a religion so strongly as Islam if that religion do not produce evil fruits besides the good fruits.
In contrast, note in the modern era there are minimal criticisms and condemnations of the other religions, such as Buddhism, Jainism, Taoism, and the likes. There are criticisms of Christianity and Judaism for certain hindrances but not for any violence inspired by their founders or holy texts like that of the Quran.
Therefore many criticize Islam objectively based on the terrible evils and violence that is emerging out of Islam [partly], not because they are jealous. Rather, as an ideology, Islam-in-part [not Muslims] has malignant and evil laden elements that is threat to humanity in the long run when they inspire SOME [note not all] evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence.


Re Fastest Growing Religion?
There are 1.5 billion Muslims around the world. If there is an increase of 5% a year that would be 75 million, that would seem to be a large quantum from natural increase from existing base. There will be converts in every religion, you may have heard a lot from the converts who like to promote themselves but there are no actual statistics to say there is a significant increase.


I am aware many convert to Islam due to the terrors dished out by SOME Muslims. There are many that are so terrified with the horrors of Islam that the only way to ease their terror, fears and anxieties is to join those who are committing the terror. Therefore, psychologically, if you are on their side you are safe to a greater extent. Note Stockholm Syndrome and why many join gangs around the neighborhood or support them. Thus if you are proud of this effect, you are a human of very low moral standards.


My point;
1. I am 100% certain God cannot exists as real. [I have created 2 threads to support it.]
2. Thus was no Allah speaking to Muhammad via Gabriel.
3. Since there is no God, the Quran can only came from a man or a group of men.
4. The fallible man/men who authored the Quran did a bad job on the facts of reality [including the Scientific fact where so claimed by SOME].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2015, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 13,297,298 times
Reputation: 7407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
I did not say God [if it exists] should reveal everything.
However, if God were to reveal something like where the sperm came from and how the embryo is formed, God [all powerful and all capable] should have presented the points clearly even an idiot can understand.
I could explain where the sperm come from easily to the average Arab Joe in the 7th century and even an idiot can understand, i.e.;
1. Where the sperm come from?
2. Note that limp meat rod jutting out of a man's lower body which get very hard and expand when the man see a sexy woman.
3. Below and almost between the legs are two almond fruit shaped nuts within a sag of skins.
4. That is why the sperm come from in a human.
5. QED
I am sure the above can be summarized in a short version and better still convey the message if the Arabs in the 7th century has a specific words for testicles, .e.g. the conventional easily understood term 'balls.' Do you know the Arabic word for testicles, was that word used in the 7th Century in Arabia?


If I can explain the above so clearly even an idiot can understand why must God present the point in such a misleading way and got it wrong?


I have read the Quran very extensively. The Quran highlighted the awesomeness of day and night [emphasized many times], the heavens, Earth, Universe, the whole cosmos that are created by Allah. This and many other signs are sufficient to convince the average Arab Joe then, Allah is great. There is no need to brag Allah knew where the sperm came from, how the embryo was from and other specific [so-claimed] scientific details. Such scientific claims [not intended by Allah] only embarrassed your Allah.


It is only those Muslims who has low self esteem, insecure and intellectually immature who want to use certain elements in the Quran to reconcile with Science and end up embarrassing Allah and Islam. I suggest you raise your awareness and do not insult your own intelligence in buying into the signs = Science bullsh:t. Rather a more advanced argument is to resort to the Cosmological Argument [taking the whole universe into consideration rather than minor points] for the existence of God.


No one would criticize a religion so strongly as Islam if that religion do not produce evil fruits besides the good fruits.
In contrast, note in the modern era there are minimal criticisms and condemnations of the other religions, such as Buddhism, Jainism, Taoism, and the likes. There are criticisms of Christianity and Judaism for certain hindrances but not for any violence inspired by their founders or holy texts like that of the Quran.
Therefore many criticize Islam objectively based on the terrible evils and violence that is emerging out of Islam [partly], not because they are jealous. Rather, as an ideology, Islam-in-part [not Muslims] has malignant and evil laden elements that is threat to humanity in the long run when they inspire SOME [note not all] evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence.


Re Fastest Growing Religion?
There are 1.5 billion Muslims around the world. If there is an increase of 5% a year that would be 75 million, that would seem to be a large quantum from natural increase from existing base. There will be converts in every religion, you may have heard a lot from the converts who like to promote themselves but there are no actual statistics to say there is a significant increase.


I am aware many convert to Islam due to the terrors dished out by SOME Muslims. There are many that are so terrified with the horrors of Islam that the only way to ease their terror, fears and anxieties is to join those who are committing the terror. Therefore, psychologically, if you are on their side you are safe to a greater extent. Note Stockholm Syndrome and why many join gangs around the neighborhood or support them. Thus if you are proud of this effect, you are a human of very low moral standards.


My point;
1. I am 100% certain God cannot exists as real. [I have created 2 threads to support it.]
2. Thus was no Allah speaking to Muhammad via Gabriel.
3. Since there is no God, the Quran can only came from a man or a group of men.
4. The fallible man/men who authored the Quran did a bad job on the facts of reality [including the Scientific fact where so claimed by SOME].


Yet a theist will disagree with you about this:

My point;
1. I am 100% certain God cannot exists as real. [I have created 2 threads to support it.]
2. Thus was no Allah speaking to Muhammad via Gabriel.
3. Since there is no God, the Quran can only came from a man or a group of men.
4. The fallible man/men who authored the Quran did a bad job on the facts of reality [including the Scientific fact where so claimed by SOME]


As a theist and specifically a Muslim my point is,

1. I am 100% certain Allaah(swt) does exist
2. Therefore Allaah(swt) did speak to Muhammad(saws) via Gabrial
3. Since ther is a God(swt) the Qur'an can only come from Allaah(swt)
4.The infallible God(swt) authored the Qur'an and did a perfect Job on the facts of reality.


Before you ask the questions about each I will try to answer them in anticipation, in the event I loose internet connection, which has been happening quite frequently over the past few weeks

1. No person can prove the existence of God, to another person. We each have to searchand recognize the evidence when we personally find it.

2. There had to be a source for the information in the Qur'an that had no precedence. Divine intervention should be considered as an explanation. For myself I have not found any onther probable explanation

3. since there is a God(swt) it makes sense he would have sent the Qur'an

4. The Qur'an contains no errors.
__________________
When posting as a MOD my posts will be in red

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks


MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2015, 11:29 PM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,587,520 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Yet a theist will disagree with you about this:

My point;
1. I am 100% certain God cannot exists as real. [I have created 2 threads to support it.]
2. Thus was no Allah speaking to Muhammad via Gabriel.
3. Since there is no God, the Quran can only came from a man or a group of men.
4. The fallible man/men who authored the Quran did a bad job on the facts of reality [including the Scientific fact where so claimed by SOME]

As a theist and specifically a Muslim my point is,

1. I am 100% certain Allaah(swt) does exist
2. Therefore Allaah(swt) did speak to Muhammad(saws) via Gabrial
3. Since ther is a God(swt) the Qur'an can only come from Allaah(swt)
4.The infallible God(swt) authored the Qur'an and did a perfect Job on the facts of reality.


Before you ask the questions about each I will try to answer them in anticipation, in the event I loose internet connection, which has been happening quite frequently over the past few weeks

1. No person can prove the existence of God, to another person. We each have to searchand recognize the evidence when we personally find it.
If you cannot prove any thing objectively to any one, then it is only subjective and useful [could be dangerous] to yourself and useless & dangerous to others as in the case of Islam, cults and other subjective supernatural beliefs.

I have no issue if you want to believe God or any thing exists without proofs. However it is not the case with Islam in general.
Again you have to face reality.
While you may be the exception, the reality is many Muslims in believing god exists as real, formed groups and Islamic Nations or even on the own are influenced by the evil verses in the Quran [i.e. Allah's words] to kill non-Muslims in the most terrible evils and violent ways.


Quote:
2. There had to be a source for the information in the Qur'an that had no precedence. Divine intervention should be considered as an explanation. For myself I have not found any onther probable explanation
This is so easy. The Quran as such can be easily written by a person or group of person. A large percentage [30%] of the elements in the Quran are plagiarized from Judaism and Christianity.

Quote:
3. since there is a God(swt) it makes sense he would have sent the Qur'an
If God really exists, he would not need to send a Quran via an angel then to a human. Since God is supposed all powerful, God would have communicated directly with the prophet or even directly to each human being. There is no excuses if God is really real.

Quote:
4. The Qur'an contains no errors.
The Quran is full of errors, e.g. that sperm came from somewhere in the body, rather than stating the actual fact that it is from the testicles [balls or whatever it is named in Arabic], which God should have known since he created man and thus would have the knowledge and blueprint of his creations. There are many others which I will not bother to waste time on this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2015, 12:38 AM
 
88 posts, read 35,064 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Continuum Wrote:
My point;
1. I am 100% certain God cannot exists as real. [I have created 2 threads to support it.]
2. Thus was no Allah speaking to Muhammad via Gabriel.
3. Since there is no God, the Quran can only came from a man or a group of men.
4. The fallible man/men who authored the Quran did a bad job on the facts of reality [including the Scientific fact where so claimed by SOME].
Muhammad Authored Quran really? Exactly this is what the Arabs said at that time Just like you, so because of these allegations God Almighty revealed this verse:

Or do they say: "He (Muhammad) has forged it (this Qur'an)?" Nay! They believe not! Let them then produce a recital like unto it (the Qur'an) if they are truthful. [Qur'an 52:33-34] there are several challenges in the Quran about authorship

Now this challenge mean that you have to produce shortest chapter of the Quran Surah Al Kausar which are only 10 words so if you think Muhammad(PBUH) forged it (who is illiterate) then anyone can do that right.

This chapter is used as a proof of the Islamic creed. If someone can meet the challenge the text cannot be from the Divine. However if the challenge can not be met, even though there are a finite set of literary and linguistic ‘tools’ at their disposal; then the question of authorship has great implications.

The Qur’an was revealed approximately 1400 years ago and for this amount of time the challenge has remained. This however does not mean that no one has attempted to match the literary and linguistic style/feature/nature of the text. Throughout the centuries thinkers, poets, theologians and literary critics have attempted to challenge the Qur’an. Some of these challengers include Musaylamah, Ibn Al-Mukaffa‘, Abu’l-’Ala Al-Marri, Yahya b. Al-Hakam al-Ghazal, Sayyid ‘Ali Muhammad, Ibn al-Rawandi, Bassar bin Burd, Sahib Ibn ‘Abbad, Abu’l – ‘Atahiya and the contemporary Christian Missionaries who developed the ‘True Furqan’.

Without going into an analysis of why Muslim and non-Muslim scholars have agreed that those who have attempted to challenge the Qur’an have failed, the summary below should suffice:

Even though the challengers have had the same set of ‘tools’, which are the 29 letters, finite grammatical rules and the blue print of the challenge – which is the Qur’an itself; they have failed to:

1. Replicate the Qur’ans literary form
2. Match the unique linguistic genre of the Qur’an
3. Select and arrange words like that of the Qur’an.
4. Select and arrange particles like that of the Qur’an.
5. Match the Qur’ans phonetic superiority.
6. Equal the frequency of rhetorical devices
7. Match the level of informativity
8. Equal the Qur’ans conciseness and flexibility

So if you think Quran is not from God Almighty then it so simple to prove Islam is false, Produce a chapter like it. (Surah Al kausar, 10 words)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2015, 01:20 AM
 
Location: Not-a-Theist
3,440 posts, read 1,587,520 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by int007 View Post
Muhammad Authored Quran really? Exactly this is what the Arabs said at that time Just like you, so because of these allegations God Almighty revealed this verse:

Or do they say: "He (Muhammad) has forged it (this Qur'an)?" Nay! They believe not! Let them then produce a recital like unto it (the Qur'an) if they are truthful. [Qur'an 52:33-34] there are several challenges in the Quran about authorship

Now this challenge mean that you have to produce shortest chapter of the Quran Surah Al Kausar which are only 10 words so if you think Muhammad(PBUH) forged it (who is illiterate) then anyone can do that right.

This chapter is used as a proof of the Islamic creed. If someone can meet the challenge the text cannot be from the Divine. However if the challenge can not be met, even though there are a finite set of literary and linguistic ‘tools’ at their disposal; then the question of authorship has great implications.

The Qur’an was revealed approximately 1400 years ago and for this amount of time the challenge has remained. This however does not mean that no one has attempted to match the literary and linguistic style/feature/nature of the text. Throughout the centuries thinkers, poets, theologians and literary critics have attempted to challenge the Qur’an. Some of these challengers include Musaylamah, Ibn Al-Mukaffa‘, Abu’l-’Ala Al-Marri, Yahya b. Al-Hakam al-Ghazal, Sayyid ‘Ali Muhammad, Ibn al-Rawandi, Bassar bin Burd, Sahib Ibn ‘Abbad, Abu’l – ‘Atahiya and the contemporary Christian Missionaries who developed the ‘True Furqan’.

Without going into an analysis of why Muslim and non-Muslim scholars have agreed that those who have attempted to challenge the Qur’an have failed, the summary below should suffice:

Even though the challengers have had the same set of ‘tools’, which are the 29 letters, finite grammatical rules and the blue print of the challenge – which is the Qur’an itself; they have failed to:

1. Replicate the Qur’ans literary form
2. Match the unique linguistic genre of the Qur’an
3. Select and arrange words like that of the Qur’an.
4. Select and arrange particles like that of the Qur’an.
5. Match the Qur’ans phonetic superiority.
6. Equal the frequency of rhetorical devices
7. Match the level of informativity
8. Equal the Qur’ans conciseness and flexibility

So if you think Quran is not from God Almighty then it so simple to prove Islam is false, Produce a chapter like it. (Surah Al kausar, 10 words)
This is a very silly challenge.


Here is a similar challenge to the Quran's challenge, but it is similarly silly.
I challenge your to reproduce an exact copy of the Mona Lisa down to every color elements in its right place, with the right emphasis, plus [ a long list of requirements] as the original. If you cannot therefore you are wrong and blah, blah, blah.


I can set so many challenges related to subjective proposition which no one can repeat because it is subjective and not objective in the first place.


There are many articles on why the Quran challenge is silly.
Here is one;
Is the Qur'an Miraculous?
There are many others.


As I said, don't insult your intelligence.
The best way to prove your god exists is to bring the evidence and justifications like every other rational proofs of existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top