U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 10:53 PM

28,206 posts, read 20,747,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
It's a choice to wear a head scarf. A Muslim woman with a head scarf just blew away 14 people her husband pretended to be friends with, who gave her baby gifts.
You don't think people would fear a woman in a head scarf right now?

Unless they have to because of Muslim law. Wearing the hijab was enforced by the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. The Taliban's Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan required women to cover not only their head but their face as well, because "the face of a woman is a source of corruption" for men not related to them.
The only Muslim factor that requires the head scarf are terrorist extremists. Non radical Muslims DO NOT require they wear it. So WHY would you choose to wear it right now? You either want controversy or you are required to wear it because it's the law for a terrorist.

Are you serious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

I can take this same example, and replace the underlined with "a white man who was pictured with a Confederate flag killed 9 people and he pretended to fellowship with them in church." You don't think there were/are black people who were scared when they saw/see anyone with a Confederate flag??

And you aren't required to fly the Confederate flag under any law or religion, so why were some so adamant to still be able to fly it (not only on their property, but on government buildings)? Well by your logic, they want controversy or they are required to wear it because it's the law for a racist. Does that make sense to you?

You know what's interesting? I looked up your posts in that thread. You weren't in that thread saying those who publicly display Confederate flag paraphernalia should stop doing so for a week or two, out of respect for the Charleston victims, like you are here in this thread. Can't have it both ways.

Ho hum.
I'm happy you have the patience to answer him. I can't even formulate a response at this point. The blind hatred and ignorance is appalling.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The right?

People have the right to be jerks.

Only thing any of us control is our own reaction

Sounds like the jerk and these two women chose to not control their reaction.
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I've heard from your cronies. You have the Constitutional right to be an *******. I got it. The point, which you and many others have missed, is the social, moral, ethical right to treat another human being that way. Like I said before, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
[/b]

Don't humans live in Saudi Arabia?
Maybe she felt dehumanized because *******s were lumping her in together with terrorists and not recognizing the fact that she is her own person.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
What a progression. Lose one argument, try and try again. That is the larger problem, the moving line that is part of the argument. Can't get what you want? Easy, change the direction.
How did I change direction? It was all about clothing choices and religion. .

Old 12-08-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovamos View Post
Good for you. You put yourself in the situation of WTF is wrong with countries in the West for having their citizens mowed down by a hostile culture. France has even tried to banish head coverings for muslim women. Bitchin and moanin do nothing to improve your life.
Right. Because HEAD COVERINGS are the problem.

Sweetheart, you're posting here too...

Old 12-08-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Tehran in the 60's -70's looked pretty much like any modern Western city.

vintage everyday: Pictures of Tehran, Iran, ca. 1960s-1970s
None of those people were Muslims?

Old 12-08-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaching View Post
These 2 girls are not so innocent. Funny how they get mad at one person saying how they feel, however this man was not yelling it nor disrupting other diners. Most probably never knew it happened till the one girl went and confronted the man and stirred the pot, which she apparently is good at.
So unless a ton of people hear or something it doesn't really matter?

Strange idea of what's right and wrong...

Old 12-08-2015, 11:18 PM

500 posts, read 381,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So unless a ton of people hear or something it doesn't really matter?

Strange idea of what's right and wrong...
You missed it.

They are crying they were mistreated for what they were wearing and that he told them to "go back" to a country they are not from. Yet, they can go into an event with a scheduled guest speaker at the school and shout him down yelling anti-Israeli propaganda and spewing hate towards the visiting professor, the host professor and those there to hear the guest speak on Israeli history based on their nationality.

Their actions are far worse than the man they encountered while out eating breakfast.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:24 PM

30,701 posts, read 33,478,764 times
They can wear scarves and people can react to it. That happened.

I agree with scarves being provocative at this time, I think a lot of people who wear them know that too. The word I need to use is "alien", it doesn't fit into American cultural norms and when something outside the norm is in the spotlight for killing a bunch of people it's going to get a reaction.

You might think it's wrong, you may think it's mean, but it's human nature, and that's the one thing we will never "social engineer" or peer pressure out of ourselves. All of the choices we make are potential burdens we have to bear ourselves. It's really not national news worthy except it serves a purpose to get us fighting among ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or