U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 04:35 AM

9,259 posts, read 10,913,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
But the difference is that Islam promotes killing Infidels, raping girls, sex slaves, disrespecting everyone not of the religion, oppressing women, gays...and wearing Muslim garb (age) represents that oppression....do you support that oppression or denounce it (regardless of the location of your upbringing)?
Tall Traveler, I'm not a fan of any of it, regardless of religion. It's strange to me. But I support people's freedom to practice their religion minus killing, raping, sex slaves, etc... . I'm specifically speaking of the women who were wearing scarves, and a poster insinuating that they were being provocative by doing so. I disagree with THAT. I agree with you that we are free to think and even say what we think about it. But I WISH these women, who had done nothing, didn't have to experience that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 04:39 AM

13,612 posts, read 10,305,182 times
On religion: anyone who follows my posts knows that I have read the Koran and much of the Hadith and find Islam to be the most repugnant large-scale belief system currently on this planet. Some people have neither the time, nor the inclination to do such research.

I respect that. So, I ask you this: What did Muhammed do for a living, both before and after his revelation?

What happened to Khadijah's money?

How did he die?

Because his life story, to me, reads as that of a very carnal, greedy man who was a master manipulator.
Nothing like the hippie Jesus whose followers are so unlike him that I just shake my head.

On that note, a little shout out for Pope Francis from a non-Catholic.

Old 12-09-2015, 05:55 AM

20,238 posts, read 12,123,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
As a Liberal I am against overreaching religions, and I have never seen a religion more overreaching and illiberal than Islam.

not well traveled ? lets start with Santeria--remember the Shari-Krishna ? I could go on- but time to go to work -don't forget devil worshipers -- most Muslims -like 90% of Indonesia- leave people alone and live in peace

Old 12-09-2015, 06:03 AM

5,601 posts, read 4,936,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
By the same token, the same can be said for these same two female college students, who are part of an anti-Israel movement on the UT campus. If they feel it's ok to enter a conference and shout down an invited professor holding a speech, what could be next in their future? In their culture, people are killed for dissenting opinion all the time. So what's the difference then between a disgruntled guy and two disgruntled women?
Apparently only their right to free speech is valuable. Anyone else's is worthy of running to Facebook and crying "Islamaphobia".

And how did the man in the restaurant know they were American citizens? What prevented these girls from telling the guy off, or setting him straight? They expected patrons in the restaurant to get involved? Why? How did the patrons know they weren't from Saudi Arabia? I agree the man in the restaurant probably should have kept his thoughts to himself, but he's entitled to his opinion. It may be based on having a relative killed recently in San Bernadino...who knows?

Such big babies and a big to-do about nothing. People need to develop a thicker skin and if you dish it out, better be prepared to take it.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:34 AM

4,899 posts, read 2,721,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaching View Post
These 2 girls are not so innocent. Funny how they get mad at one person saying how they feel, however this man was not yelling it nor disrupting other diners. Most probably never knew it happened till the one girl went and confronted the man and stirred the pot, which she apparently is good at.

However, these 2 are part of a group at UT that disrupt speakers, protest often, etc. They refused to even try to have a sit down dialogue with the visiting professor from Stanford that they intertupted.

They want their cake and want to eat it as well. More of a do as I say and not as I do type. Here is just one story from that incident. There are many more.

The Jewish Press Students Want UT Prof Fired for Disrupting Their Anti-Israel Disruption [video]
This info has been shared with the Fox station in Austin who interviewed these women. I thought they would be interested in the hypocrisy of these women.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:36 AM

1,256 posts, read 696,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Whether or not the girls are hypocrites is not the issue. The man in the restaurant had no idea of their political affiliation.

Hell, I am a brown woman. I am NOT Muslim by any means, but if I were to wear a scarf in public, I would be asking to be abused and yelled at?

He didn't know diddly **** about these girls, took at their clothes and made a whole bunch of very wrong assumptions, and then acted like an a-hole. Whether or not these girls are anti Semitic, or kick puppies or trip old people is totally irrelevant to this issue.
Agreed!

Old 12-09-2015, 07:13 AM

21,920 posts, read 21,729,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

I can take this same example, and replace the underlined with "a white man who was pictured with a Confederate flag killed 9 people and he pretended to fellowship with them in church." You don't think there were/are black people who were scared when they saw/see anyone with a Confederate flag??

And you aren't required to fly the Confederate flag under any law or religion, so why were some so adamant to still be able to fly it (not only on their property, but on government buildings)? Well by your logic, they want controversy or they are required to wear it because it's the law for a racist. Does that make sense to you?
Ok and what did this nation do? Called anyone who had a CF a racist, vandalized their property, demanded the flag be removed from gov. property, pulled merchandise from shelves, canceled TV shows, refused to bake confederate flag cakes, tried to take down historical monuments, called for the firing of government workers who displayed anything confederate on their personal time.

I'm not saying these women or anyone should not be allowed to wear a scarf or symbol of their belief, religion or culture just dont get your panties in a wad and think your immune from scrutiny.

If the citizens and powers that be in this nation can react as they did over the confederate flag because some lunatics murdered people and had photos displaying the confederate flag why are we surprised and offended when citizens are upset over a symbol being displayed that is represents some terrorist lunatics that murdered people.

There has been no mass call to stop the sale of scarfs, no media censorship, no out cry for persons to be fired.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:24 AM

23,992 posts, read 32,827,426 times
Here's her actual Facebook post...bit of a different story.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...23&pnref=story

Old 12-09-2015, 07:27 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,542,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That place is typically full of young hipster types.
I'm not surprised no one stood up to defend those women.
They were probably all looking for their cellphones to get their 5 minutes of fame on youtube.

The manager didn't even do anything but try to seat the disruptive person in a different spot.

The restaurant issued a public apology about what happened.
That's the real sad part <bold>. Why should someone apologize for something they had nothing to do with?
I guess cities should now apologize when someone walking down their streets does something stupid or insensitive that might hurt someone's delicate feelings...

Have we really become a nation of whiners who cry and fall apart when someone says something we don't like?
On top of all that, when eavesdropping on a conversation you might not like what you hear and then add confronting the person you were listening in on? You really may not like the response you get.
Sounds to me like these "girls" are the intolerant ones and need to be able to take what they dish out.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:35 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,097 times
I am afraid that it will only get worse for these 2 women and Muslims in general. They only people who can STOP these extremists are the Muslims themselves so until they do, actions like this will continue and become more common place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or