U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 10:18 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,747,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkinhead View Post
Those scarves are not part of their religious beliefs, and burkas were injected into that culture used to smuggle women.

Please educate yourself before you start defending people that hate liberals more than even the most hard core rednecks.
I am well educated on the subject, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I don't see the problem.

They are guests in our country and should expect to be treated as such. After all, there is a national threat now and who knows which ones are linked with terrorist organizations and which ones aren't.
Those women are AMERICANS.

And I don't know how you treat guests but I don't tell them to go home because I don't like what they are wearing.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Moslems in any country are moslem first and then American french etc. Can ANY Islamic cultist dispute this comment???? That is the root cause of all evil.

The cult brainwashes inbred followers into hating everything and everyone except teachings of an imaginary dude who at best can be termed as vile.
Jesus
Others
Yourself

Christians believe they are Christians first and foremost before anything else and are told to reject the world in favor of the Bible.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:21 AM

1,149 posts, read 988,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
I don't see the problem.

They are guests in our country and should expect to be treated as such. After all, there is a national threat now and who knows which ones are linked with terrorist organizations and which ones aren't.
Guests?
So you think only white blonde are in US and all others are guests?

Old 12-09-2015, 10:25 AM

806 posts, read 511,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Jesus
Others
Yourself

Christians believe they are Christians first and foremost before anything else and are told to reject the world in favor of the Bible.
Lame but good try.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:27 AM

806 posts, read 511,855 times
Quote:
Those women are AMERICANS.

And I don't know how you treat guests but I don't tell them to go home because I don't like what they are wearing.
Not until they bring out a dagger or an AK 47 . In a civilized world we put our potatoes in a sack not over the top of human head

Old 12-09-2015, 10:28 AM

6,742 posts, read 4,127,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Is this country not divided over the whole Muslim controversy? Are you saying the confederate flags were not taken off state buildings, monuments were not moved or destroyed, merchandise was not taken off shelves/internet, tv shows were not canceled, homes and vehicles were not vandalized and people were not calling for the firing of government workers?

Where is the consistency? The above actions were allowed and supported while people are being chastised for just saying anything negative about symbols of Islamic terrorism.
For the most part (I hesitate to say that), the roles are flipped. People who wanted Confederate flag censorship don't want Muslim attire censorship, and vice-versa. I made the observation that some of the same people that were against Confederate flag censorship would not support the right or prefer Muslims to not wear their attire in public.

The desire for consistency is not difficult to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I agree, but we non Muslims did take our anger, frustration and fear out on fellow American citizens who happen to be "Confederate" when there was no affiliation to a terrorist group/slavery/secession. Therefore I have no sympathy for the Muslims wearing their cultural headscarf who are being "targeted and criticized because of the words and acts of others".
Does that make sense? That is some incredibly backwards thinking, and that is dangerous. Have you ever heard the saying, "two wrongs don't make a right"?? Neither situation is O.K.

My goodness.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:29 AM

1,553 posts, read 918,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Not until they bring out a dagger or an AK 47 . In a civilized world we put our potatoes in a sack not over the top of human head
In what society do they put potatoes on top of peoples heads?

Old 12-09-2015, 10:32 AM

6,742 posts, read 4,127,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
You can't call anyone a hypocrite who's intentions are not to deliberately deceive you. Learning something , changing ones opinion, or changing ones views is not simply a hypocrite. At least get it straight before accusing a bunch of people of it.

This is why I don't respond to your posts. You act like a judge and jury. It's ridiculous to simply "argue" for the sake of arguing. You can make a valid point and I can debate it and vice versa but to just name call back and forth is for children. There is no reason to keep it up. I made my point, you made yours, we disagree. End of story.

Ironically you are arguing against the man who made outspoken negative comments about someone he knew nothing about in a restaurant while calling others hypocrites. Funny how that works isn't it.

Gotta love the ignore button. You should try it out sometimes.
Nah, I presented multiple counter examples to your posts, to which you had no response, but if you want to hide behind your e-feelings getting hurt because I questioned your different reactions to two similar situations, that's fine.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:33 AM

18,548 posts, read 9,586,076 times
Quote:
You both realize there is a large contingent of Conservative Christians aching to change the way this country is run already, right? Why not try to get rid of all the Christians since we don't know which ones are whose side?
The country was founded by Christians and is over 70% Christian and less than 1 % Muslims. So your plan is to get rid of the majority...brilliant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or