U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-09-2015, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Hyrule
8,398 posts, read 9,883,343 times
Reputation: 7441

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Agreed, there is really no comparison.
Even if there is a comparison, I wouldn't tell others to stop disrespecting the guys in the KKK outfits. I mean, come on. Lay it on them, I think it's deserving. Seriously.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-09-2015, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Hougary, Texberta
8,565 posts, read 11,062,540 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The IRA, an organization not based upon Christianity, limited their activities to the UK.
You need to brush up on your history boyo.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2015, 04:03 PM
 
Location: Hyrule
8,398 posts, read 9,883,343 times
Reputation: 7441
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
There have been many Islamic terrorist attacks or attacks stopped by police on 5 of the 7 continents as well as Pacific Islands. KKK, an organization not based upon Christianity, limited there activities to one part of one country. The IRA, an organization not based upon Christianity, limited their activities to the UK. Muslim terrorist are international and their goal is Islam and Sharia law ruling the entire world by force. The more devout the Muslim, the more likely I feel they will become terrorist. I see the hijab and burka as a sign of potential terrorist. I view these people with suspicion and will not trust them.
Same here. And I'll just throw members of the kkk and the IRA in for good measure. I view them all with suspicion and don't trust them or think they have rights in a society I dwell in.
I guess that makes us the bad guys. So be it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2015, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Prepperland
13,727 posts, read 9,836,437 times
Reputation: 9840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
That way of thinking is so weird I cannot comprehend.
Quote:
IMMIGRATION BAN

The Immigration and Nationality Act passed June 27, 1952 revised the laws relating to immigration, naturalization, and nationality for the United States. That act, which became Public Law 414, established both the law and the intent of Congress regarding the immigration of Aliens to the United States and remains in effect today.

Among the many issues it covers, one in particular, found in Chapter 2 Section 212, is the PROHIBITION of entry to the United States if the Alien belongs to an organization SEEKING TO OVERTHROW the government of the United States by "force, violence, or other unconstitutional means."

This, by its very definition, RULES OUT ISLAMIC IMMIGRATION to the United States, but THIS LAW IS BEING IGNORED BY THE WHITE HOUSE, this Islamic immigration to the United States WOULD BE PROHIBITED under this law because the Koran, Sharia Law and the Hadith all REQUIRE COMPLETE SUBMISSION TO ISLAM, which is antithetical to the United States Government, the Constitution, and to the Republic.

ALL MUSLIMS who attest that the Koran is their life's guiding principal SUBSCRIBE TO SUBMISSION TO ISLAM and its form of government.
Now the POLITICALLY CORRECT crowd would say that Islamists cannot be prohibited from entering the United States because ISLAM IS A RELIGION.

IS IT IRRATIONAL FEAR AND HATRED?
PHOBIA - A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

ISLAMOPHOBIA - hatred or fear of Muslims or of their politics or culture.
Islam demands jihad, eternal warfare until everyone in the world is converted, conquered or dead. Over 250 millions were killed in the 1400 years of “peaceful” Islam. Islam imposes a brutal legal system - shari’ah. It’s “perfect man” was a plagiarist, pedophile, kidnapper, rapist, murderer, and warlord, who is to be copied as the “ideal.” Blood thirsty jihad and peaceful spirituality are simultaneously embraced. No other religious ideology teaches the inferiority of women, the killing and hatred of all infidels, the execution of homosexuals, the silencing of free speech, forced amputations, the stoning of rape victims, genital mutilation, and the violent overthrow of all non-Islamic governments and civilizations.

If you aren’t afraid of Islam or hate its evil nature, you are irrational, abnormal, or a candidate to be converted. Because Islam is a contradiction, expressing sublime morality on one hand (Mecca period) and bloodthirsty pillage, conquest, slavery, pedophilia and rape on the other (Medina period). All manner of evil and predation is condoned as long as the victim is Kafir (infidel), or it advances “pure” Islam, or mimics their Prophet, the “Perfect Ideal.”

One can only conclude that Islam is not a religion, but is a predatory system. Islam is destructive to any civilization that is based on the Law of Love and that is opposed to the Law of the Jungle. The fact that Islam is entirely combative, contradictory and intolerant toward all non-Islamic societies makes it clear. Non-Muslims must come to grips of what Islam actually is, and close down all Mosques, Muslim schools and deport them all.

Or “surrender.”
There is no “peaceful co-existence” with endless jihad.

. . .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2015, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Prepperland
13,727 posts, read 9,836,437 times
Reputation: 9840
An Egyptian woman, under the pen name Magda Borham, wrote a letter to Western countries, warning them of their immediate danger from Islamic invasion via “immigration.” And she has a brutal message for Americans.
"Islam is not a religion. Islam is a totalitarian political ideology that rejects the basic principles of freedom and liberty protected by the U.S. Constitution. In fact, Islam is the clearest and most present danger to America’s existence. Muslims use your own democratic laws and values against you and they do it successfully while you keep sleeping as if as in a deep coma. This is why the leftists are the people who are worthy of the title ‘useful idiots.’ Muslims use them as a stick to beat you with, but even they will never ever be accepted as friends to the Muslims after, and they will definitely be their first victims. Leftists, Liberals, progressives, Antifa, Code Pink etc. are all appeasers of Islam. Appeasing evil is cowardice. They are fooled people who feed crocodiles hoping they will eat them last. They are the enemy within your countries."
= = = =
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2015, 04:10 PM
 
211 posts, read 172,109 times
Reputation: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
it is an old tired line to compare Christian crimes from dark ages with modern day Islamic terror and then somehow claim they cancel each other out. It is sad Islamic sympathizers have to go 1000 years back for this. Slim pickings huh?


The fact is, Islam never reformed. In "cult" seminaries moslems are still churning out millions of inbred young believers into full blown terrorists (pun intended). And now they are telling us that this woman snake responsible for the carnage in California had attended a terror school for women (nice going) called al huda. Wow! This is just superb. What next?
You're right that many (not all) of Christian atrocities took place during the Dark Ages. That doesn't change the fact, however. All I'm saying is that we can't sit here and denigrate one religion when our predominant religion is guilty of many of the same atrocities we're blaming on Islam. Regardless if they occurred last week or last millenium.

And there's no shortage of "cults" using God's name to spew hate and dischord. Westboro Baptist Church is still going strong about 60 miles to my west...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2015, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Manhattan, NYC
900 posts, read 630,683 times
Reputation: 834
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
There have been many Islamic terrorist attacks or attacks stopped by police on 5 of the 7 continents as well as Pacific Islands. KKK, an organization not based upon Christianity, limited there activities to one part of one country. The IRA, an organization not based upon Christianity, limited their activities to the UK. Muslim terrorist are international and their goal is Islam and Sharia law ruling the entire world by force. The more devout the Muslim, the more likely I feel they will become terrorist. I see the hijab and burka as a sign of potential terrorist. I view these people with suspicion and will not trust them.
KKK was in an era when SNS did not exist. In such a globalized world as today, should they have been active, their action could have gone much further than US boarders. And if I recall, didn't they have an intent to "reestablish Protestant Christian values in America by any means possible"?

You can doubt all Muslims if you want, but I am simply telling you that because all religious scriptures are violent and, if literally interpreted, can lead to terrorist actions that you despise so much, you should then hate all Christians, Jews, Muslims... maybe you'll end up hating the whole world with such logic.

Or you can take this fact as granted and understand that when you say:
"The more devout the Muslim, the more likely I feel they will become terrorist."

In fact, the reality is that:
"The more devout the [any monotheist religion], the more likely I feel they will become terrorist."

You say IRA is not Christian but yet the origin of their fight was Catholics vs Protestants, which happened to be Irish vs English, and led to a more nationalistic vision.

And once you get that, maybe it will be clearer that we've been through all this in History. We just need to understand that the same way we would not dare put in the same bag Irish and IRA, or Protestants and KKK, or Christians with any Christian terrorist group, because that's the right thing to do, the same should be done with Muslims. The way out is not in stigmatizing them. The way out is in working with them to define a more modern interpretation of the Koran, just as we did for the Bible, even if it was totally "unintentional" in the case of Christianity.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2015, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Prepperland
13,727 posts, read 9,836,437 times
Reputation: 9840
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_Watts View Post
You're right that many (not all) of Christian atrocities took place during the Dark Ages. That doesn't change the fact, however. All I'm saying is that we can't sit here and denigrate one religion when our predominant religion is guilty of many of the same atrocities we're blaming on Islam. Regardless if they occurred last week or last millenium.

And there's no shortage of "cults" using God's name to spew hate and dischord. Westboro Baptist Church is still going strong about 60 miles to my west...
You do not "get it."

The intractable problem with Islam is not that individual Muslims do evil deeds upon non-Muslims, but that they are condoned by their scriptures, and exonerated by their communities. When a normally peaceful Muslim commits an unforgivable offense under Shari’ah, he merely has to engage in jihad and die a martyr to regain his “ticket to Paradise.” This makes Muslims unsuitable for inclusion within any civilized society. They are like mad dogs who can not be trusted - literally. Their scriptures exonerate lying to non-believers, as long as it advances Islam.

And do the math - - -
Islam is credited with at least 270 million deaths.
Some estimates go as high as 520 million deaths.
20th century Communism only reached 90 million deaths.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2015, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
9,265 posts, read 5,486,975 times
Reputation: 4046
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
No - there is a clear distinction between freedom of thought and speech - and actions. There is not freedom of actions when they violate someone else's rights. But you can basically say and think what you want.


You can believe that people who are apostates from Islam, or who refuse to recognize Allah, should be killed. But you can't go and kill them.


Speech and thought - freedom
Actions - limited.
Try yelling fire at theater performance.

Freedom of speech IS limited and that expansion is spreading. Some people are being prosecuted rightfully for their hate "speech" on the internet that results in harm to others.

Quote:
Content-based governmental restrictions on speech are unconstitutional unless they advance a "compelling state interest." To this principle, there are six exceptions: 1. Speech that is likely to lead to imminent lawless action may be prohibited.
2. "Fighting words" -- i.e., words so insulting that people are likely to fight back -- may be prohibited.
3. Obscenity -- i.e., erotic expression, grossly or patently offensive to an average person, that lacks serious artistic or social value -- may be prohibited.
4. Child pornography may be banned whether or not it is legally obscene and whether or not it has serious artistic or social value, because it induces people to engage in lewd displays, and the creation of it threatens the welfare of children.
5. Defamatory statements may be prohibited. (In other words, the making of such statements may constitutionally give rise to civil liability.) However, if the target of the defamation is a "public figure," she must prove that the defendant acted with "malice." If the target is not a "public figure" but the statement involved a matter of "public concern," the plaintiff must prove that the defendant acted with negligence concerning its falsity.
6. Commercial Speech may be banned only if it is misleading, pertains to illegal products, or directly advances a substantial state interest with a degree of suppression no greater than is reasonably necessary.
Freedom of Expression on the Internet

I'm not a lawyer so I'm not giving an opinion on what was said to these women.

I do think it will make a fine episode on ABC's "What Would You Do?" television series with John Quinones
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2015, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,577 posts, read 9,999,312 times
Reputation: 20155
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Agree with the first part of your post whole-heartedly. As a liberal, I'm sorry you hate me, but you are right on as to whether this is fascism.
..
Hate was a strong word. I should have said avoided....lol.

And, of course, I didn't mean YOU, my neighbor to the north! You seem sane. Must be those strong midwest values.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top