Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2015, 10:34 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
In what society do they put potatoes on top of peoples heads?
I suspect that everything she learned about world religions, she learned from South Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 10:38 AM

3 posts, read 7,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Those scarves are part of their religious beliefs.

It bothers me that people think its just fine to tell people to leave our country because of dislike of one's dress or religion. WTF is wrong with this country?
A free society affords people the opportunity to voice the opinion, be it right or wrong. Many Islamic countries do not afford non-Muslims that same opportunity.

WTF seems to be crude and overused. There are many other words that project a more credible response.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:38 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,168,999 times
I'm glad all this in-fighting is playing right into the hands of the enemy. Awesome.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:40 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,603,886 times
Quote:
You both realize there is a large contingent of Conservative Christians aching to change the way this country is run already, right? Why not try to get rid of all the Christians since we don't know which ones are whose side?
The moral equivalency is strong in this one.

I'm a Christian, and you are absolutely right that I would love to see some changes in how this country is run. We try to effect such changes by doing things like voting our consciences, writing letters to our congressmen, signing petitions, trying to persuade people to our positions, and so on. We don't gun down random people while shouting "Praise Jesus!"

If you can't see the difference between how Christians try to effect change and how Muslims do it, I would suggest removing your head from the sand and taking a closer look.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:41 AM

833 posts, read 656,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The country was founded by Christians and is over 70% Christian and less than 1 % Muslims. So your plan is to get rid of the majority...brilliant.
Sweet huh?

This is the trouble with islamists. When in majority they want sharia and when in minority they ask for rights which they never allow to any minority in Islamic sewers of nations.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Lame but good try.
Typical response when one points out the glaring similarities between the world's most popular religions.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
Not until they bring out a dagger or an AK 47 . In a civilized world we put our potatoes in a sack not over the top of human head
:vomit:

Old 12-09-2015, 10:47 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,184 times
Quote:
None of those people were Muslims?
No; I believe you misunderstood. These photos demonstrate a much more relaxed society of Muslim people in past times in Tehran, in which burkas and hijabs were worn far less frequently. Tehran was a more secular city back then. Muslim women had much more freedom just fifty years ago.

Refresh of link:

vintage everyday: Pictures of Tehran, Iran, ca. 1960s-1970s

Now Google "Tehran today", and see for yourself the stark difference that radical Islam has brought to this once-beautiful city.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The country was founded by Christians and is over 70% Christian and less than 1 % Muslims. So your plan is to get rid of the majority...brilliant.
No, the country was founded deists.

Yes, our country is mostly filled with Christians.

See, I have no plan to get rid of anyone because I believe in equality and religious freedom for all. My point, which you continue to miss, is that all people should be allowed to practice their religious beliefs without being harassed for it.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBen View Post
A free society affords people the opportunity to voice the opinion, be it right or wrong. Many Islamic countries do not afford non-Muslims that same opportunity.

WTF seems to be crude and overused. There are many other words that project a more credible response.
Sometimes that's all I've got. There is sometimes absolutely nothing of value from the quoted person to even entertain.

As I've said, ad nauseum, yes we do have the right to be *******s. But I don't think it engenders a wonderful society to live in either when we abuse that right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam