U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2015, 12:34 PM

2,826 posts, read 1,864,743 times

Advertisements

I'm gonna see how bright you guys are. This is an allegory/metaphor whatever. It's about religion. Yup, not talking about computers here, I'm talking about religion. Specifically fundamentalist religion. It's also a true story.

When Windows 10 came out, I was like "nah, hold off a bit." Then I was, I admit, excited to see whether it was good after a few months, since it did have a new interface. So my dad installed it. He lost some of the Internet Spades and such, and the new one appears to be an App where you only had the option of playing against the computer, which doesn't bid wisely. Nevertheless, I found a way to install it (even though my computer was stuck in the "still waiting" mode) and did the manual install.
It wasn't complete ****. The interface was okay in terms of what it could potentially do, but it very definitely had some bugs. Unfortunately, I had a lot of lag running basic processes, and it really only ran up to the speed I was used to by disabling several processes (including Cortana). That is, it could conceivably work for some people, but it wasn't right for me. I used the revert feature and shifted it back to Windows 8.1.

My dad, meanwhile kept Windows 10, since it was too late for him to refuse. But I got back to the OS I liked, so all was good. Right? Well... Not really. The Apps suddenly didn't work, I had to go to shop and get it reverted to a Last Good save state. Then after that, they were like:

Constantly harassing me, and trying to force a conversion that I didn't want. So then I found a program that would permanently remove the whole icon from my system. My system still isn't sure everything's up to date, but appears not to see Windows 10 as an option anymore.

I do use this interface at work. I'm cool with fixing my dad's Windows 10 when it breaks down. But at home, I'm happiest when I have the freedom to choose what OS I use. Because a good free market system allows people to download many different types of programs, not just the popular ones or the ones MS thinks are acceptable.
Maybe the day will come when I embrace a new Windows OS, but I can be damned sure it won't be one forced down my throat. It will be one that is user-friendly and has good customer service even to those browsing deciding whether or not to buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2015, 08:52 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,276,969 times
I really doubt you will find many if any Muslims who would try to force Islam upon you. About the only time you will find Muslims speaking about Islam is on Islamic forums and boards.

We have no obligation to convert anyone. Our obligation is to simply answers questions to the best of our ability if asked and to not hide the fact we are Muslim.

Islam is not a religious organization. If someone is trying to get you to Join Islam, they are not speaking of Islam. There is no joining anything to be a Muslim. A Muslim is a person that performs the act of Islam, no joining anything involved.

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 12-30-2015, 03:30 PM

1,601 posts, read 750,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I really doubt you will find many if any Muslims who would try to force Islam upon you. About the only time you will find Muslims speaking about Islam is on Islamic forums and boards.
Textbooks in America must be approved by Islamic councils. This is
in accordance with Sharia law.

American employers and schools are met with demands for time and
space to do Islamic prayer. These demands are based on Sharia law.

The American banking system is becoming Islamicized with Sharia
financing. Our banking system is becoming Sharia compliant in
financial law, but is ignorant about the totality of Sharia law.

Universities are asked to provide sexually segregated swimming pools
and other athletic facilities for Muslim women.

Hospitals are being sued for not providing Sharia compliant
treatment.

No course at the college level uses critical thinking regarding the history
and doctrine of Islam. Under Sharia nothing about Islam may
be criticized.

Western Muslim charities give money to jihadists (Islamic terrorists), as per
Sharia law.

Muslim foot-baths are being installed in airport facilities, paid for by
American tax dollars. This is in accordance with Sharia law.

Workplaces are being made Islamic worship sites through special
rooms and time off to pray. This is in accordance to Sharia law.

Islamic refugees bring all of their wives for welfare and tax dollar financed medical treatment
to America. American authorities will not act—even when presented with evidence. Polygamy is pure Sharia.

Muslims are suing for halal compliant food in groceries.

There are times when traffic cannot move in London streets as Muslims
commandeer the streets to pray—a political result based on
Sharia law.

Entire areas of Europe are no-go zones for non-Muslims, this includes
the police. These are Islamic enclaves where only Muslims live. The
Muslim-only policy is based on Sharia.

In England an Anglican bishop calls for the rule of Islamic law for
Muslims. The bishop is obeying Sharia law.

Christians may not speak to Muslims about Christianity nor may
Christians hand out literature. This is a political result based on Sharia
law.

Rape by Muslims is so prevalent in parts of Sweden that Sweden has
forbidden the police from collecting any data in the rape investigation
that would point to Islam. Rape is part of Islamic doctrine as applied
to non-Muslim women.

In London, mass demonstrations by Muslims call for the end of British
law and Sharia law to rule all people, regardless of religion. This
political action is based on Sharia.

In some English hospitals during Ramadan fast (an Islamic religious
event), non-Muslims cannot eat where a Muslim can see them. The
submission of non-Muslims to Islamic preferences is based on Sharia
law.

At British hospitals, Muslim women are treated only as Sharia law demands.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:45 PM

39,035 posts, read 10,825,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
I'm gonna see how bright you guys are. This is an allegory/metaphor whatever. It's about religion. Yup, not talking about computers here, I'm talking about religion. Specifically fundamentalist religion. It's also a true story.

When Windows 10 came out, I was like "nah, hold off a bit." Then I was, I admit, excited to see whether it was good after a few months, since it did have a new interface. So my dad installed it. He lost some of the Internet Spades and such, and the new one appears to be an App where you only had the option of playing against the computer, which doesn't bid wisely. Nevertheless, I found a way to install it (even though my computer was stuck in the "still waiting" mode) and did the manual install.
It wasn't complete ****. The interface was okay in terms of what it could potentially do, but it very definitely had some bugs. Unfortunately, I had a lot of lag running basic processes, and it really only ran up to the speed I was used to by disabling several processes (including Cortana). That is, it could conceivably work for some people, but it wasn't right for me. I used the revert feature and shifted it back to Windows 8.1.

My dad, meanwhile kept Windows 10, since it was too late for him to refuse. But I got back to the OS I liked, so all was good. Right? Well... Not really. The Apps suddenly didn't work, I had to go to shop and get it reverted to a Last Good save state. Then after that, they were like:

Constantly harassing me, and trying to force a conversion that I didn't want. So then I found a program that would permanently remove the whole icon from my system. My system still isn't sure everything's up to date, but appears not to see Windows 10 as an option anymore.

I do use this interface at work. I'm cool with fixing my dad's Windows 10 when it breaks down. But at home, I'm happiest when I have the freedom to choose what OS I use. Because a good free market system allows people to download many different types of programs, not just the popular ones or the ones MS thinks are acceptable.
Maybe the day will come when I embrace a new Windows OS, but I can be damned sure it won't be one forced down my throat. It will be one that is user-friendly and has good customer service even to those browsing deciding whether or not to buy.
Let me guess - bait and switch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or