U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2016, 04:43 AM

5,765 posts, read 4,190,180 times

Advertisements

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/soapbox/worryme.asp

I received this in an email and I checked with Snopes.com While Snopes claims that the author and truth of the article is undetermined, it rings true to me that people have a right to be concerned.

Quote: "On September 11, nineteen ARAB-MUSLIMS hijacked four jetliners in my country. They cut the throats of women in front of children and brutally stabbed to death others. They took control of those planes and crashed them into buildings killing thousands of proud fathers, loving sons, wise grandparents, elegant daughters, best friends, favorite coaches, fearless public servants, and children's mothers.

So I notice you now. I don't want to be worried. I don't want to be consumed by the same rage and hate and prejudice that has destroyed the soul of these terrorists. But I need your help. As a rational American, trying to protect my country and family in an irrational and unsafe world, I must know how to tell the difference between you, and the Arab/Muslim terrorist."

Quote: "We cannot judge people by outward appearances alone, and that realization leaves us feeling scared and powerless."

This is what concerns me about the Islam religion. I don't want to be worried either, but I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2016, 09:09 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,311,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
You Worry Me : snopes.com

I received this in an email and I checked with Snopes.com While Snopes claims that the author and truth of the article is undetermined, it rings true to me that people have a right to be concerned.

Quote: "On September 11, nineteen ARAB-MUSLIMS hijacked four jetliners in my country. They cut the throats of women in front of children and brutally stabbed to death others. They took control of those planes and crashed them into buildings killing thousands of proud fathers, loving sons, wise grandparents, elegant daughters, best friends, favorite coaches, fearless public servants, and children's mothers.

So I notice you now. I don't want to be worried. I don't want to be consumed by the same rage and hate and prejudice that has destroyed the soul of these terrorists. But I need your help. As a rational American, trying to protect my country and family in an irrational and unsafe world, I must know how to tell the difference between you, and the Arab/Muslim terrorist."

Quote: "We cannot judge people by outward appearances alone, and that realization leaves us feeling scared and powerless."

This is what concerns me about the Islam religion. I don't want to be worried either, but I am.
Like all people we are each individuals.

Like all people the vast majority of us are peaceful and pose no threat. Here in the US 9/11 has caused considerable distrust and fear. One day that because of the action of 19 maniacs has disrupted the relationships between Muslims and non-Muslims. They caused a stereotypical view to be seen of all Muslims.

Outside of 9/11 Very few non-Muslims have been harmed in the USA by Muslims. Most "attacks" by Muslims have been against family members, the same as all murders are nearly always by a family member.

While it is impossible to tell how many Muslims are in the US the estimates range from 2 to 20 Million, it could even be higher. As Islam is not an organization and there is no "Joining" of anything there are no membership rolls and the majority of us do not belong to any Mosque or Islamic organizations.

I do not believe you will find more than 20 American Muslims that have been identified as committing terrorist attacks in the US

I can only find 8 convictions. However there have been about 500 arrests of Muslims for "Terrorist plots" most of those seem to be related to supporting overseas terrorism and no actual attacks on anyone in the US

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 02-09-2016, 05:14 AM

3,440 posts, read 1,590,726 times
Here is my hypothesis;

1. DNA wise ALL humans [including Muslims] are potential beasts.
2. Re Bell Curve on human nature of evil-ness, appx. 20% of all humans [including Muslims] are prone to commit evils of various degrees.
3. Thus 20% of Muslims are evil prone.

4. More that 55% of the 6,236 verses of the Quran contain evil-laden elements of various range from 1-Low to 100-High, e.g. stealing is low while genocide is very high.

Note; 'Evil' in this case means secular evil not theological evil [re Satan, etc.]

As long as Islam as it is and Muslims exist, there will be a potential of 20% Muslims [as with any humans] who are evil prone, i.e. have various degrees [low to high] of tendencies to commit evils.
There are approximately 6 million Muslims in the US.
Therefore there is a potential pool of 1.2 million evil prone Muslims of various degrees [low to high] in the US.
Say we are concern particular about the very serious ones and estimate this to be 10%.
Even at 1% the quantum is 600,000 evil prone Muslims in the US.

From the above, we cannot assume all Muslims in the US are evil prone and bad.
However at the worst, the most probable estimation based on psychology and human nature, 600,000 Muslims are evil prone and are likely to commit terrible evils and violence on non-Muslim Americans.

Unless we can assess the psychological profile of each Muslim we cannot know which one is a potential evil prone Muslim.
In the St. Bernardino no one had any suspicion of the jihadist couple. Given such an example, unless we can know the psychological profile of the individual very well, any Muslims can be one of the 20% potential evil prone Muslim.

In the case of such difficulty to determine who is an inherent potential evil prone Muslim, it is only natural that the average non-Muslim will be scare or apprehensions of any one who is a Muslim.

There is this dilemma;

Example;
If the staff and colleague of that St. Bernardo jihadist have been suspicious of him as a jihadist and if they speak out or complained, they would be condemned as Islamophobic and prevented from speaking out.
Perhaps some colleagues of his has some suspicions but did not speak out because there is no 'space' to complain and critique. Then it really happened and 14 were killed because point 3 & 4 of my hypothesis materialize and became true.

The question is how do we resolve this dilemma?

Old 02-09-2016, 09:10 AM

15,511 posts, read 13,311,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Here is my hypothesis;

1. DNA wise ALL humans [including Muslims] are potential beasts.
2. Re Bell Curve on human nature of evil-ness, appx. 20% of all humans [including Muslims] are prone to commit evils of various degrees.
3. Thus 20% of Muslims are evil prone.

4. More that 55% of the 6,236 verses of the Quran contain evil-laden elements of various range from 1-Low to 100-High, e.g. stealing is low while genocide is very high.

Note; 'Evil' in this case means secular evil not theological evil [re Satan, etc.]

As long as Islam as it is and Muslims exist, there will be a potential of 20% Muslims [as with any humans] who are evil prone, i.e. have various degrees [low to high] of tendencies to commit evils.
There are approximately 6 million Muslims in the US.
Therefore there is a potential pool of 1.2 million evil prone Muslims of various degrees [low to high] in the US.
Say we are concern particular about the very serious ones and estimate this to be 10%.
Even at 1% the quantum is 600,000 evil prone Muslims in the US.

From the above, we cannot assume all Muslims in the US are evil prone and bad.
However at the worst, the most probable estimation based on psychology and human nature, 600,000 Muslims are evil prone and are likely to commit terrible evils and violence on non-Muslim Americans.

Unless we can assess the psychological profile of each Muslim we cannot know which one is a potential evil prone Muslim.
In the St. Bernardino no one had any suspicion of the jihadist couple. Given such an example, unless we can know the psychological profile of the individual very well, any Muslims can be one of the 20% potential evil prone Muslim.

In the case of such difficulty to determine who is an inherent potential evil prone Muslim, it is only natural that the average non-Muslim will be scare or apprehensions of any one who is a Muslim.

There is this dilemma;

Example;
If the staff and colleague of that St. Bernardo jihadist have been suspicious of him as a jihadist and if they speak out or complained, they would be condemned as Islamophobic and prevented from speaking out.
Perhaps some colleagues of his has some suspicions but did not speak out because there is no 'space' to complain and critique. Then it really happened and 14 were killed because point 3 & 4 of my hypothesis materialize and became true.

The question is how do we resolve this dilemma?
Good point. How do we handle it in relationship to any people? One thing that does need to be understood is that this should never be. From can be ascertained is that the majority of his collegues, friends and co-workers where not Muslim. It does not seem any of them suspected anything.

A preplanned terrorist will most likely be stopped if he appears suspicious.. The foiled plots failed because people did bring it to the attention of authorities. with that said there were 60 planned terrorist attacks since 9/11 56 were stopped in the planning stage. People do notice and do speak out. Most Terrorist attacks do get stopped.

60 Terrorist Plots Since 9/11: Lessons in Domestic Counterterrorism

No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks

MODERATOR OF: Buddhism: Judaism: Paganism:

When in doubt read the TOS MOD LIST FAQ's

Old 02-14-2016, 11:58 AM

3,168 posts, read 1,044,763 times
The 19 terrorists were Arabs and assumed Muslims.

You are worried about "Muslims" but not about "Arabs". The worry about Muslims (but not Arabs) is due to the mass radicalization by the politicians like bomber Bush and bomber Blair, and now Trump. The first two had been talking about "Islamic terrorism" almost every day until the masses got radicalized. Now they have phobia about Islam and Muslims but not about Arabs because the politicians did not call them "Arab terrorists" but "Islamic terrorists".

Why would you worry about this khalif when he is not an Arab? Why would anyone in America worry about American Muslims when the 19 terrorists were not American Muslims?

Old 02-14-2016, 10:03 PM

273 posts, read 214,945 times
I suggest to visit Saudi Arabia. you will notice that no one give any portion of care to your existence. I mean, we do not feel that westerners are evil or harmful people. on the contrary, If someone sees you, he might halt to see if you need anything, service or alike.
those Terrorists can not pass a single checkpoint in Saudi Arabia, but how could they pass all your federal security procedures?

Trust me, 9/11 was the first step in a long way toward invading Iraq by George Bush the son and his friends from the new conservatives. so the hall Drama was planned and directed by George and Donald. if you think that I miss your point, I think I advised you to visit Middle East ( Saudi Arabia or you can start with UAE Dubai.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or