Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 12:20 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,642,829 times

Advertisements

Here is a point that support my views, how SOME Muslims will continue to interpret various ambiguous verses in the Quran which is right from their perspectives and no one can insist they are wrong because there is no central authority in Islam.

Their claim [which also correct as in the Quran] is ONLY Allah can decide their fate on Judgment Day based on their deeds on Earth.

Watch the short video at;
'Before Islam, I am right': Abu Bakar Bashir

'Before Islam, I am right': Abu Bakar Bashir:
Radical Indonesian cleric Abu Bakar Bashir says his illegal actions were 'not wrong' but were 'following Allah's order', during his appeal over a 15 year sentence for supporting a militant training camp in Aceh.
What is mistaken by Abu Bakar Bashir is he thinks he can argued and justified his case to Allah in the court of Allah on Judgment Day.
There is no such provisions in the Quran.
Whatever deeds done by Muslims is recorded by 'bookkeepers' [angels] in the Sijjirin or Illiyin and Allah will make his judgement from what is recorded.

Views?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 11:28 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Here is a point that support my views, how SOME Muslims will continue to interpret various ambiguous verses in the Quran which is right from their perspectives and no one can insist they are wrong because there is no central authority in Islam.

Their claim [which also correct as in the Quran] is ONLY Allah can decide their fate on Judgment Day based on their deeds on Earth.

Radical Indonesian cleric Abu Bakar Bashir says his illegal actions were 'not wrong' but were 'following Allah's order', during his appeal over a 15 year sentence for supporting a militant training camp in Aceh.
What is mistaken by Abu Bakar Bashir is he thinks he can argued and justified his case to Allah in the court of Allah on Judgment Day.
Whatever deeds done by Muslims is recorded by 'bookkeepers' [angels] in the Sijjirin or Illiyin and Allah will make his judgement from what is recorded.

Views?
It is quite obious to me that neither you nor Abu Bakar Bashir have fully studied the Qur'an in depth. Most Muslims today do the same; do not study the .this book full of wisdom.

The Qur'an is not like any other book. Its words are all from Allah and are full of wisdom and are also explained somewhere else in the Qur'an. Only in depth study will reveal what exactly is meant by each verse of the Qur 'an. There are no ambiguous verses in the Qur'an. One must read all verses on the topic before making any claim one way or the other.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:57 AM

You are correct that there is no provision for debate on the judgment day except if questioned by the Judge. Abu Bakar Bashir's fate would have been decided already by then rather than how good is his argument. The Judge on that day will know each case inside out from the outset of the resurrection day.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
You are correct that there is no provision for debate on the judgment day except if questioned by the Judge. Abu Bakar Bashir's fate would have been decided already by then rather than how good is his argument. The Judge on that day will know each case inside out from the outset of the resurrection day.
I could not be correct on this nuance [refined] point if I had not studied the Quran in depth.
So this in contrast to your view in the earlier post;

Khalif: "It is quite obvious to me that neither you nor Abu Bakar Bashir have fully studied the Qur'an in depth."
I posted this in another post re my knowledge of the Quran;

I have also studied the Quran in depth with detailed analysis verse by verse, i.e. full time, average 6 hours a day for almost 12 months. In addition I refer to 40++ English translations of the Quran whenever there is any doubts on the translation. Woodrow LI had also been very helpful on the Arabic terms, etc.
I put the 6,236 verses of the Quran in one column in Excel and analyze across 300++ columns of main and sub-concepts.

I don't claim to be an expert but at least I know the Quran reasonably more than the majority of non-Muslims.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
It is quite obious to me that neither you nor Abu Bakar Bashir have fully studied the Qur'an in depth. Most Muslims today do the same; do not study the .this book full of wisdom.

The Qur'an is not like any other book. Its words are all from Allah and are full of wisdom and are also explained somewhere else in the Qur'an. Only in depth study will reveal what exactly is meant by each verse of the Qur 'an. There are no ambiguous verses in the Qur'an. One must read all verses on the topic before making any claim one way or the other.
To you there may be no ambiguous verses in the Quran because you have taken a certain specific [personal or group] stance with the Quran.

To understand the bias you have been trapped in, you need to bring in inherent human psychology. This bias will affect most regardless of how much thinking or intelligent they are.

You could be familiar with this image but neverthelelss
take a look of this image,
What do you see?

If not informed, the majority will only see one image, i.e, either a duck or a rabbit.
If they see a rabbit, they will never see the rabbit and vice versa.
It is only when told there are two possible pictures with the image, then will may with time able to see the other but never both at the same time.

Therefore one a person-X reported s/he saw only a rabbit, s/he is not wrong even when the other person-Y insist s/he is wrong because Y insisted he saw a duck.
So this is a case of two truths in one image.

The above bias effect will naturally happen to a complex text like the Quran, i.e. the Quran also contain two truths when read.
If a Muslim [by default emotional] see a Quran [rabbit view] they will never see the other view of the Quran [duck view] no matter how much they read and analyze it.
Therefore it is possible you could be stuck in one view [say rabbit view] of the Quran while other only understand the other view [the duck view].
There are 1.5 billion Muslims, it is also possible there are many "right" rigid views where certain groups are stuck to their own rigid views of their own and cannot understand the views of others. In this case the Quran will seem to contain many truths which are right depending on who is reading it.
Note: As far as Quran versus Ahadith is concern, only the Quran carry Allah sole authority. The Ahadith do not have any of Allah's authority.
However when we deliberate on the Quran itself there could be many perspectives to it by different people.
Now the fact is obvious there is only one truth from Allah's point of view.
But the various Muslims insist their views [duck or rabbit] is in accordance to Allah intent in the Quran.

The point is WHO ARE YOU [me or others] as a fallible human being to decide and insist who has the right or wrong view.
Only Allah can decide but Allah has not appear on Earth to decide at all since Islam emerged in the 610AD.

In this case, you can argue your case with in depth rational thinking, but you [as a slave of Allah] don't have the authority to insist Bashir is wrong in his interpretation of the Quran.

There are ambiguous situations in the Quran from my objective perspectives but not according to the specific groups of Muslims who either see the 'truth of the rabbit' or the 'truth of duck'.

For example, in general the Quran allow the killing of non-Muslims and even other Muslims if Islam and/or Muslims are under threats with hindrances, corruption, persecutions, mischiefs, etc.
The problem is these situations of 'threats' are clearly defined in the Quran, thus open to different interpretations.

This is why some very sensitive Muslims view the drawing of the cartoons of Muhammad as a threat to Islam and thus based on the Quran they have the sanction of Allah to kill non-Muslims.
The presence of foreigner soldiers and government officials in Muslim land [e.g. Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere] is interpret as a persecution or threat, thus warrant counter defensive actions to kill innocents within the country of the oppressors [USA, UK, France, etc.]
Western education is interpret as a threat and hindrance to the progress of Islam and thus warrant killing of non-Muslims, e.g. Boko Haram, Shooting Malala, etc.

There are many other examples that can be given.

The problem is no one on Earth can insist these jihadists and other Muslims who commit these terrible evils and violence are wrong.
So as long as Islam, Quran and SOME evil prone Muslims [not all] exists, these terrible evils and violence will continue because these evil prone Muslims think they are doing the right thing to please Allah so that they can earn their passage to Paradise with superlative sensual delights and avoid Hell.

What are your counters to the above?

Last edited by Continuum; 02-10-2016 at 11:33 PM..

Old 02-11-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
To you there may be no ambiguous verses in the Quran because you have taken a certain specific [personal or group] stance with the Quran.

To understand the bias you have been trapped in, you need to bring in inherent human psychology. This bias will affect most regardless of how much thinking or intelligent they are.

You could be familiar with this image but neverthelelss
take a look of this image,
What do you see?

If not informed, the majority will only see one image, i.e, either a duck or a rabbit.
If they see a rabbit, they will never see the rabbit and vice versa.
It is only when told there are two possible pictures with the image, then will may with time able to see the other but never both at the same time.

Therefore one a person-X reported s/he saw only a rabbit, s/he is not wrong even when the other person-Y insist s/he is wrong because Y insisted he saw a duck.
So this is a case of two truths in one image.

The above bias effect will naturally happen to a complex text like the Quran, i.e. the Quran also contain two truths when read.
If a Muslim [by default emotional] see a Quran [rabbit view] they will never see the other view of the Quran [duck view] no matter how much they read and analyze it.

What are your counters to the above?
Easy!

A verse of the Qur'an would be ambiguous only if the "two truths" ("duck" and "rabbit") are only in one verse (image). In the Qur'an, two truths are not in one verse but one truth in more than one verses. Those who see only one truth (duck) in any one verse (image), haven't read the other verse (seen the other image) that shows and explains one truth (rabbit) in both verses (images).

That's how the revelation of the Qur'an over 22 years worked; truth in one verse was revealed and explained in another verse later on.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:58 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:

Views?
What crime did he commit that was not first done by Muhammad?

Old 02-12-2016, 12:13 AM

He had supported a militant group that kills innocent people. This acrion is illegal in that country.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What crime did he [Bashir] commit that was not first done by Muhammad?
None as far as the significant ones.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:21 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:

Views?
And what's your views when G. W. Bush said, God told him to attack Iraq, in comparison to Bashir's statement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam