U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 09:23 PM

2,371 posts, read 1,507,037 times

Advertisements

Remove religion from the equation and it's not a solution, but it's something. Clinging to ancient (and often divisive) superstitions does a disservice to all of us.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:53 PM

23 posts, read 10,214 times
watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onzRDsi55Ks

Old 03-23-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
This is cute and all, but it doesn't matter what you think the religion means....it matters what the psychopaths in Brussels and elsewhere across the world think it means. There is a problem in Islam and it's time to admit it, and fix it. Time for enlightenment.
That would be political influenced actions in the name of religion as a cover not religion. Same as the israeli murder of babies every summer, they claim its for thier religion right the land but real jew scholars say NO!

Old 03-23-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
This is the problem with many religious texts, especially those written by people back in the days when life was always short and war frequent.

A religion that says "never kill" is going to have a different effect on the world than a religion that says "You can kill sometimes" or, even worse, which is entirely ambiguous and self-contradictory in different spots about killing. Consider the Jainish religion which doesn't even allow you to kill an insect. If that religion were the prevalent one, the world would be an entirely different place.

The universal declaration of human rights is the best collective text we have come up with so far as to how to treat one another. The Koran, The Bible and other texts written by previous peoples are ok for their times, but now seem horribly flawed. Especially with regard to treating women, treating the environment, treating animals, treating people with different sexualities.

Since religions are man made they are what man makes them. That changes over time. ISIS, Al Nursa etc. etc. are doing their best to turn Islam into something awful.
All religions say you can kill sometimes .. Have you heard of self defense? And if you follow your version of the bible then bend down and let them kill you turn the other check and let them blow it off, see your version is nonsense.

Your bible says if you children curse parents they must be put to death so ya your religion texts also has killing and that is in the NT.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Islam doesn't promote terrorism

No, it PRACTICES it !!!
No it doesn't.

Political interests do.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:08 PM

2,947 posts, read 3,061,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam66 View Post
No it doesn't.

Political interests do.
No, it has nothing to do with politics, it has EVERYTHING to do with religion! It is the hatred of other religions that drive the Islamic terrorism acts.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:05 PM

2,106 posts, read 2,163,903 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qM8FyRO1eU

This alone, is one reason I could never be a Muslim.....this Afghan woman's soul, will reign supreme in Heaven, and the dogs that this to her, will burn in hell...and these were not terrorists that brutally slayed this woman, but everyday Muslim citizens.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:33 PM

1,601 posts, read 754,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam66 View Post
Islam promotes terrorism.

Quran 3:151
Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers!

Quran 7:4
How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they slept at noon, Our terror came unto them.

Quran 7:152
Lo! Those who chose the calf (for worship), terror from their Lord and humiliation will come upon them in the life of the world. Thus do We requite those who invent a lie.

Quran 8:12
Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

Quran 8:60
Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly.

Quran 17:59
And We refrain from sending the signs, only because the men of former generations treated them as false: We sent the she-camel to the Thamud to open their eyes, but they treated her wrongfully: We only send the Signs by way of terror (and warning from evil).

Quran 17:60
Behold! We told thee that thy Lord doth encompass mankind round about: We granted the vision which We showed thee, but as a trial for men,- as also the Cursed Tree (mentioned) in the Qur'an: We put terror (and warning) into them, but it only increases their inordinate transgression!

Quran 33:26
And those of the People of the Book who aided them - Allah did take them down from their strongholds and cast terror into their hearts. (So that) some ye slew, and some ye made prisoners.

Quran 34:51
If thou couldst but see when they will quake with terror; but then there will be no escape (for them), and they will be seized from a position (quite) near.

Quran 59:2
He it is Who drove out the disbelievers among the people of the Scripture (i.e. the Jews of the tribe of Bani An-Nadir) from their homes at the first gathering. You did not think that they would get out. And they thought that their fortresses would defend them from Allah! But Allah's (Torment) reached them from a place whereof they expected it not, and He cast terror into their hearts, so that they destroyed their own dwellings with their own hands and the hands of the believers. Then take admonition, O you with eyes (to see).

"The Prophet had suddenly attacked Bani Mustaliq without warning while they were heedless and their cattle were being watered at the places of water. Their fighting men were killed and their women and children were taken as captives" (Bukhari 46:717)

But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them (9:5)

Allah's Messenger called Ali [and said]: “Proceed on and do not look about until Allah grants you victory,” and Ali went a bit and then halted and did not look about and then said in a loud voice: “Allah's Messenger, on what issue should I fight with the people?” Thereupon he (the Prophet) said: ”Fight with them until they bear testimony to the fact that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger…” (Sahih Muslim 5917)

Not all Muslims participate in terrorism, but all Muslims choose to follow an evil ideology that promotes terrorism and hate.

Many Muslims protect terrorists and finance terrorism.

Old 03-28-2016, 05:23 AM

34,449 posts, read 41,558,091 times
Whats the end game for a group like ISIS? to kill every one in the world except them?
What are they trying to accomplish?
Does Allah condone these bombings of innocent civilians?
Do the perpetrators of these atrocities against the innocent get rewarded in their afterlife?

Old 03-31-2016, 02:09 AM

34,449 posts, read 41,558,091 times
I guess if no one can answer my simple questions i'll have to rely on my own viewpoints for the answers.
http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-cont...ns-667x414.jpg

Is this what you want to bring to my neighborhood?Forgive me if i'm not really enthused about your culture coming to my country by the 10s of thousands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or